Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Asia/M.East
Member of
NRA endowment member/Life member
Hunted
All 6 Continents
Saw this today. Not sure if it's official. Anyway.......I salute any Vietnam Vets on this site. Hope you have many great days and great hunts to come. Thank You.......FWB

Screenshot 2024-03-30 at 12.10.57 PM.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
A huge thank you to all who served during that time!

My dad was a career US Air Force pilot and Vietnam veteran. He primarily was a tanker pilot and had many assignments to Thailand and the Philippines during the Vietnam war. From there, they would refuel bombers and fighters. In 1968, my dad got assigned to flying C-7A Caribous out of Cam Rahn Bay. They flew into short, dirt strips and supplied Special Forces camps. They also did air drops, when the fighting wouldn't allow landings.

It's never fun to watch your dad or other love ones go off to war. I was fortunate, my dad always made it home. I had many friends growing up, whose dads became POWs or were killed in action.

My dad was a career US Air Force pilot and Vietnam veteran. He primarily was a tanker pilot and had many assignments to Thailand and the Philippines during the Vietnam war. From there, they would refuel bombers and fighters. In 1968, my dad got assigned to flying C-7A Caribous out of Cam Rahn Bay. They flew into short, dirt strips and supplied Special Forces camps. They also did air drops, when the fighting wouldn't allow landings.

It's never fun to watch your dad or other love ones go off to war. I was fortunate, my dad always made it home. I had many friends growing up, whose dads became POWs or were killed in action.

Hi, 375 Ruger Fan. Thanks for your dad's service to our country. I flew stateside in a Misssissippi Air National Guard C-7A Caribou while in the Army Reserves.

Ugly and uncomfortable airplane but they were great with short runways and hauling cargo. I think they were still in use until about 10 years ago in some air forces worldwide.

God Bless our Veterans, TheGrayRider a/k/a Tom.

Hi, 375 Ruger Fan. Thanks for your dad's service to our country. I flew stateside in a Misssissippi Air National Guard C-7A Caribou while in the Army Reserves.

Ugly and uncomfortable airplane but they were great with short runways and hauling cargo. I think they were still in use until about 10 years ago in some air forces worldwide.

USNMCB 3 Okinawa March 1961. We were mounted out and sent "south" aboard an AKA (attack transport). Found out two weeks later upon return to Okinawa we had been circling just out of sight of the Vietnam coast locked and loaded. A Seabee battalion, a Marine battalion and 30 ton of small arms ammo. On that little excursion it seemed strange to me that every morning there would a few more ships in our group. We didn't go in country but we sure as hell were prepared. Close enough for me.
A hearty salute and THANK YOU to all who did go ashore.

Last edited:
Whether sea, air or land....all who went there are deserving of our thanks.....@Newboomer I salute you.......FWB

2012, Afghanistan

When I was station at Homestead AFB in the early 80s, I had the honor of serving with two F-4 Pilots who were Viet Nam POW. Had a lot of respect for those individuals, and all who served there. I salute you and thank you for your service! God bless you all.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bvanpelt

Latest profile posts

Roan hunt of a life time !

IHC-KB5 wrote on Huvius's profile.
Thanks for catching the Flanged brass - much appreciated!
new updates !

SETH RINGER wrote on RR 314's profile.
HOW MUCH ARE THEY?? PLAIN? CAMO? THX, SETH
USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.