DillonG

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Hunted
None
I hope everyone in the states are having a good deer season so far. I am striking out on a very nice deer that I have pictured earlier in the year. Let me know how you all are doing. I will leave a little picture of my current target.

IMG_1402.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope everyone in the states are having a good deer season so far. I am striking out on a very nice deer that I have pictured earlier in the year. Let me know how you all are doing. I will leave a little picture of my current target.View attachment 566523
Let me know what you think he scores!

45” of mass. Can’t tell how wide he is. My numbers all add up too. Definitely big enough

168 Net.

Good luck tracking him down. It will be well worth it obviously.

He is a brute of a whitetail. Good luck with the hunt.

I had a good friend that is much better than me look at photos. He believes the deer is 4 or maybe 5 years old. Hopefully I catch up with him, but he may have one more year of growth left.

Let me know what you think he scores!
DillionG. — Scores? I know that’s always the question over the past 25-30 years But —- That’s a Great Buck and if he “scored” 100” or 180” would it change anyone’s opinion that he’s a “Great Buck”? I know I’d be thrilled with him regardless of what the tape measure says and hope you will be too (if you get him). I think too many hunters are defining trophy’s only by “score” and Not the TOTAL animal: Age, weight/size, rack mass, how buck was taken etc.. Not implying that you are looking at that buck that way - but many do and because of all that’s written and shown on Hunting Shows etc.. Our Grandfathers “never” used the word score to describe a Great Buck - it was “an 8 point”, or a “200 pounder”.....it was always a Trophy & Memory, stories to be told and those can Not be measured in inches. My opinion, my “memory”. Good luck going after that buck!

DillionG. — Scores? I know that’s always the question over the past 25-30 years But —- That’s a Great Buck and if he “scored” 100” or 180” would it change anyone’s opinion that he’s a “Great Buck”? I know I’d be thrilled with him regardless of what the tape measure says and hope you will be too (if you get him). I think too many hunters are defining trophy’s only by “score” and Not the TOTAL animal: Age, weight/size, rack mass, how buck was taken etc.. Not implying that you are looking at that buck that way - but many do and because of all that’s written and shown on Hunting Shows etc.. Our Grandfathers “never” used the word score to describe a Great Buck - it was “an 8 point”, or a “200 pounder”.....it was always a Trophy & Memory, stories to be told and those can Not be measured in inches. My opinion, my “memory”. Good luck going after that buck!
I have several shoulder mounts done. I have never had one actually measured. I find it to be a fun conversation to guess and talk about big deer with other hunters.

I know servers hunters that insist on only shooting P&Y bucks. They do it just for the certificate. I’m not very inclined to ever have one officially measured for the books. We have gotten way too much publicity in recent years. It is starting to impact local hunters access to hunting ground.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AdventureBound

Latest profile posts

SETH RINGER wrote on tracker12's profile.
PARTITIONS
SEND ME PAYMENT INFO, PLEASE AND THANKS.
Khalanyoni Game Ranch wrote on Joshlee0518's profile.
Hi Joshlee0518 (please let me know if you are fine being addressed like that),

Thought I would drop you a PM. It is super exciting to plan a hunt and we are more than happy to assist you. Have you given any thought yet to which species you would like to take?

What do you hunt usually and which weapons/calibers are you using?

Look forward to swapping experiences and ideas.

Happy hunting - Daniel
Our trophy shed is filling up and we are only getting started,

cwpayton wrote on CM McKenzie's profile.
Sir ,is that picture of you packing the shoshone river trail thru buffalo pass? Im trying to get a plan togather for a ride. do you pack professionally or for pleasure. thanks
Cal {cwpayton}
ghay wrote on gearguywb's profile.
Is this rifle sold? If not what is the weight of it and do you know if there is enough difference in diameter between the 35W and the 9.3 to allow for a rebore to a 9.3x62 which is what I am after?
Thanks,
Gary (Just down the road in Springfield)