Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Member of
SCI, RMEF
Hunted
South Africa, Namibia,....AK, WY, WA, ID, FL, SD, TX, HI
Here is a pic of my Kodiak Brown Bear. I got it opening day of the season which was also my birthday. It's not the biggest bear but sure was a good time. Shot her with a custom win 70 .338 federal (built this year by Alaska Custom) and 210g partition bullets I hand loaded.

image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Great b-day present. The hide looks very good. Should make a great rug. Congrats Bruce

Reactions: ack
Congratulations.

Love the coloration.

Happy Birthday.

Do you mind telling us where you were hunting?

Were you hunting on your own or with an outfitter?

All the best.

That hunt is definitely on my wish list...

Congrats!!!

Congrats, has always been a dream hunt of mine to do someday.

Congratulations it couldnt be done ina better way, nice bear, I wish to have the chance to afford it some day.....!!!!

Congratulations.

Love the coloration.

Happy Birthday.

Do you mind telling us where you were hunting?

Were you hunting on your own or with an outfitter?

All the best.

I drew a South Uyak Bay area tag and took the bear on the east side almost to the head of the bay. It was DIY. I have a friend that has a salmon set net site in Uyak Bay so we were able to use his cabin and skiffs.

Thanks for the info.

Nice DIY hunt.

congratulation mekaniks .
big bear ,mate.great way to celebrate your birthday

Mekaniks,

Happy Birthday and congratulations on a fine bear as well.

That is a beauty.

Good shooting, man.

Cheers,
Velo Dog.

Nice to have good friends and be a resident. Still lots of work to skin and drag out. Beautiful bear and congrats!!

Congrats on a beautiful bear! Heck of a B-Day present :) Way to get it done DIY (y)

Congrats on a pretty bear and a great B-Day!

nicely done! that's one of my dream critters.

-matt

Nice bear sir. I hope to hunt one someday!

Got my Kodiak Bear rug back from Dennis at Artistry of Wildlife today. Really a pretty bear and Dennis did a great job. My photography skills suck and don't do it justice and it's fresh out of the packing box, but I think it turned out great. Now I just gotta find a place for it:)

IMG_0805.JPG
IMG_0806.JPG
IMG_0807.JPG

Nice bud! Envious of you my friend, I would love a brown bear in my den of death! Lol
Great color and shot with a 338, most excellent bear medicine. 210's are amazing out of a 338. I've never had anything walk away from a well built 210 gr 338 pill.
Congrats,
Cody

Nice bud! Envious of you my friend, I would love a brown bear in my den of death! Lol
Great color and shot with a 338, most excellent bear medicine. 210's are amazing out of a 338. I've never had anything walk away from a well built 210 gr 338 pill.
Congrats,
Cody

Thanks Cody:D Beers:

Absolutely awesome! I wasn't a member when you got this bear, so a belated congratulations and birthday!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Richard6789

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

ghay wrote on gearguywb's profile.
Is this rifle sold? If not what is the weight of it and do you know if there is enough difference in diameter between the 35W and the 9.3 to allow for a rebore to a 9.3x62 which is what I am after?
Thanks,
Gary (Just down the road in Springfield)
Woods wrote on Hunter-Habib's profile.
Forgive me if this is the incorrect area, I signed up to this forum just now because I wanted to be on the list to purchase a copy of your autobiography. Please feel free to pass my information along to whomever is selling. Thank you so much. I look forward to it!
I like the Tillie in my picture. They are supposed to fit loose (2 fingers inside hat band), have mesh for cooling, and hold their shape after washing.
SSG Joe wrote on piratensafaris's profile.
From one newbie to another, Welcome aboard!
BLAAUWKRANTZ safaris wrote on Greylin's profile.
We have just completed a group hunt with guys from North Carolina, please feel free to contact the organizers of the group, Auburn at auburn@opextechnologies.com or Courtney at courtney@opextechnologies.com Please visit our website www.blaauwkrantz.com and email me at zanidixie@gmail.com
Zani