ttsx in 375 caliber - i see nothing above 250 grains

I honestly think that most if not all of today's .375 bullets in the 270-300gr range kill as reliably as the latest zippety-doo-dah number being marketed as "the thing." I see no real need for a monolithic that opens up to 25 times its original diameter, just like I see no real need for a 350-grainer that will penetrate 10" of steel. If it lights your fire, by all means, but just my 2 cents. I'm way too aware of the power of marketing that goes on in the gun industry; as well as the corporate pressure placed on product managers to always come up with something new every single year, regardless of actual market needs. And I'm therefore mostly immune to it all (also because I'm somewhat of a Luddite).

Last edited:
Last edited:
Some may argue having a ph is more important than having a primary care physician

That is hilarious and I fully agree.

Opens fine. Killed 9 animals with 300 gr Barnes in Zim last year.
IMG_5426.jpeg

Some may argue haveing a ph is more important than having a primary care physician

I plan on taking 270 and 300 grain loads on my next Buffalo hunt. Shooting two different buff with each load.
To be honest my 300tsx load shoots so well I am tempted to not mess with it.
Just really curious how the two bullets compare on the animal.
I can consistently ring 8 inch steel at 300 yards with my 300tsx load. But it does drop some.

My 385 H&H using a 300 gr Barnes traveling at 2475 gps at the muzzle drops 20 inches at 300 yards at 6000 ft elevation and sighted in dead on at 100 yards.

I'm not convinced you need 300 grains with a ttx bullet, and you would keep the velocity up higher. It will be long for weight in any case.
I would not lose sleep over using a 250 grain monometal, just sayin'.

I wouldn’t be concerned with a tax opening on any African animal, especially buffalo. I hit my buff with 2 different tsx shots and also solids. Both tsx shots were fairly close, one only 5-10 feet when I laid one in his shoulder right at the end. Both bullets recovered and opened perfectly. Here’s another

IMG_4983.jpeg

I've always wondered about the notion that the plastic tip helps initiate expansion in the TTSX. Plastic vs copper.....hmm?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wsaacjqa

Latest profile posts

Roan hunt of a life time !

IHC-KB5 wrote on Huvius's profile.
Thanks for catching the Flanged brass - much appreciated!
new updates !

SETH RINGER wrote on RR 314's profile.
HOW MUCH ARE THEY?? PLAIN? CAMO? THX, SETH
USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.