AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Mex/S.Amer
Member of
Lifetime NRA member, Lifetime SCI Member
Rock Island is auctioning off some of Tom Selleck’s firearms. Here’s some eye candy for you.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-08-09 at 8.39.19 AM Large.jpeg
    Screenshot 2023-08-09 at 8.39.19 AM Large.jpeg
    202.1 KB · Views: 112
  • Screenshot 2023-08-09 at 8.39.21 AM Large.jpeg
    Screenshot 2023-08-09 at 8.39.21 AM Large.jpeg
    120.4 KB · Views: 97
  • Screenshot 2023-08-09 at 8.39.22 AM Large.jpeg
    Screenshot 2023-08-09 at 8.39.22 AM Large.jpeg
    239.3 KB · Views: 97
  • Screenshot 2023-08-09 at 8.39.23 AM Large.jpeg
    Screenshot 2023-08-09 at 8.39.23 AM Large.jpeg
    205.7 KB · Views: 89
  • Screenshot 2023-08-09 at 8.39.24 AM Large.jpeg
    Screenshot 2023-08-09 at 8.39.24 AM Large.jpeg
    142.6 KB · Views: 80
Amazing! Why would he be selling his guns?

Maybe he doesn't have anyone to leave them to, so why not sell them. :unsure: :unsure:

If my mustache isn’t a dead giveaway… I’ve been a huge Tom Selleck fan boy ever since the 1970s (I still consider Magnum P.I to be perhaps the greatest TV series in existence, because of the very realistic way that it portrayed Vietnam War veterans as normal yet traumatized people as opposed to unhinged mentally unstable killers as portrayed in a lot of media). Tom is an extremely passionate hunter and firearms aficionado and an unrepentant supporter of the American 2nd Amendment. I remember how he once very calmly defended his pro-firearms views on the “Rosie O Donell” show when that big gorilla was constantly trying to provoke him with her anti gun rants.

Yes, he is auctioning off a small part of his extensive firearms collection. When a man gets older, he wants to hold on to a few special firearms for the rest of his (hopefully long) life and wants to dispense with the ones which might not interest him anymore.

He still owns a very impressive collection of custom made .45 ACP M1911 pistols (mostly manufactured by Smith & Wesson) and at least 1 best grade 12 gauge James Purdey & Sons sidelock ejector.

I wish more more of those modern hypocritical Hollywood soy boy types (who publicly blame firearms for every single tragedy, yet have no issue in making money off hundreds of films by brandishing firearms onscreen) followed his example.

Last edited:
I don’t have any insight into why Tom Selleck would be selling some or all of his firearms, but I expect I will be in a similar position one day.

My kids aren’t terribly interested in hunting, nor are they at all ‘gun’ people. As in, they are fine with firearms, but see them more as tools than works of art, as I do. So once my hunting days are more or less behind me, and particularly if I have some advance notice of my impending departure, I think I would make life easier for my executor and dispose of my firearms myself. I also think I’m best positioned to know the value of my guns - certainly more than my executor or my children.

So at his age, makes sense to me.

I get it. I have traveled the world pursuing my passion for hunting/shooting and managed to obtain over the years a collection of highly desirable shooting guns. Now that I am older, my kids have no interest in hunting and son-in-laws are not shooters. I brought in a shop and they hauled everything except my impossible to part with guns. In the process of giving away/selling all of my reloading equipment that no longer gets used.

I get it. I have traveled the world pursuing my passion for hunting/shooting and managed to obtain over the years a collection of highly desirable shooting guns. Now that I am older, my kids have no interest in hunting and son-in-laws are not shooters. I brought in a shop and they hauled everything except my impossible to part with guns. In the process of giving away/selling all of my reloading equipment that no longer gets used.

DAD!!!!!!! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DanielDalz

Latest profile posts

IHC-KB5 wrote on Huvius's profile.
Thanks for catching the Flanged brass - much appreciated!
new updates !

SETH RINGER wrote on RR 314's profile.
HOW MUCH ARE THEY?? PLAIN? CAMO? THX, SETH
USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.