Thoughts on Peregrine Bullets for Dangerous Game

They work.

Know of quite a few buffalo and elephant that they have taken out of 404s.

Blessed in SA to also have the choice of Rhino and Safari Bullet Company

I have only used them in 300 H&H and found them to be an amazing bullet. Absolutely pile drove a Roan and sable with them. Shot all the way down to Steenbok and was super impressed

I used 300 grain VRG2 Bushmasters in my 375 Ruger in 2021 to take a buffalo and four other plains game. They worked perfectly on all animals. No recovered bullets. Now, as we have all mentioned getting more as I get low is almost impossible. The retailer running the site in the states is a nice enough guy but the last time I sent him a text about new stock of 375 all he talked about were what he had left in 30 cal. target bullets. Not a mention of what I asked about. My PH in South Africa 2021 used Peregrine in his 416 Rigby. Don't recall which bullet.

I ass
I used 300 grain VRG2 Bushmasters in my 375 Ruger in 2021 to take a buffalo and four other plains game. They worked perfectly on all animals. No recovered bullets. Now, as we have all mentioned getting more as I get low is almost impossible. The retailer running the site in the states is a nice enough guy but the last time I sent him a text about new stock of 375 all he talked about were what he had left in 30 cal. target bullets. Not a mention of what I asked about. My PH in South Africa 2021 used Peregrine in his 416 Rigby. Don't recall which bullet.
I assume you are speaking of David Stark. I've had ,any conversations with him about my specific needs. It takes a while from order to delivery but I don't think the issue is on his end. David is into subsonic and that seems to be his focus but he also knows that he needs to broaden his space. I'm confident that my order will be filled, it's just a matter of when. My order includes 550gr Bushmasters in .510 diam, I'm told they are not standards for Peregrine 50 cals.

I ass

I assume you are speaking of David Stark. I've had ,any conversations with him about my specific needs. It takes a while from order to delivery but I don't think the issue is on his end. David is into subsonic and that seems to be his focus but he also knows that he needs to broaden his space. I'm confident that my order will be filled, it's just a matter of when. My order includes 550gr Bushmasters in .510 diam, I'm told they are not standards for Peregrine 50 cals.
The name on my message is Herman Weidemann out of Gilbert, Arizona. He had the American site for the bullets I purchased 375s in 2019 and 30 cals in I think 21. I'll have to chat with David about a custom order. Not in a big hurry.

The name on my message is Herman Weidemann out of Gilbert, Arizona. He had the American site for the bullets I purchased 375s in 2019 and 30 cals in I think 21. I'll have to chat with David about a custom order. Not in a big hurry.
Yeah you definitely don't want to be talking with him. All he has left is the old stock, which will work fine but you won't get anything not listed as in stock. Definitely contact David at Discreet Ballistics for anything new with Peregrine in the USA. I took am on the list for the next order for new .45-70 levergun bullets and 35 Whelen as well.

Yeah you definitely don't want to be talking with him. All he has left is the old stock, which will work fine but you won't get anything not listed as in stock. Definitely contact David at Discreet Ballistics for anything new with Peregrine in the USA. I took am on the list for the next order for new .45-70 levergun bullets and 35 Whelen as well.
Yep, I get it since just about everything on his site has been out of stock forever. He set it up and then let it die. A real shame. I'll probably get some more of his old stock of 30 cal 165 gr Plainsmaster. I made a good load up for my 300 WM and honestly, for the amount I use that rifle I'll be set for a very long time. I'm glad I saw this post just so I now have a chance to get some 375 Bushmasters again from somewhere.

David Stark is "Discrete Ballistics" ( https://discreetballistics.com/ ), Sundance WY. When I first got interested in Peregrines Discrete Ballistics was the the only US distributer that I found, and like I said his interests are subsonic. I called, had a chat, and he added my order to his "normal" order. 5mos later I had 'em.

I just did a search on "Peregrine Bullets" and all sort's of stuff came up, including this thread; but Discrete Ballistics was not prominent it the results. The I searched specifically for Davids outfit and of course got his website. Call David, see what he has to say.

Hmmmmm, I see a "Hotline Monoliths" dropdown off The Discrete Ballistics home page. Hotline is the webstore that David told me he was going to set up with Peregrine. I'm interested in Bushmaster so got in there and do not see any VRG-2 at all or .375's but I do see my .510 VRG-3. Hotline is pretty new so this is unsurprising to me; needs some work.

If someone talks with David before I do please update this thread.

Hmmmmm, I see a "Hotline Monoliths" dropdown off The Discrete Ballistics home page. Hotline is the webstore that David told me he was going to set up with Peregrine. I'm interested in Bushmaster so got in there and do not see any VRG-2 at all or .375's but I do see my .510 VRG-3. Hotline is pretty new so this is unsurprising to me; needs some work.

If someone talks with David before I do please update this thread.
Peregrine will be listed as "Hotline Monolithics" in the U.S. now. I think this has to do with issues with the other mentioned party. Until David can get things completely settled with Peregrine and figure out what there is a demand for, you won't find much listed on the website. Just call and talk with him and he will email you a link to order on the website. Don't be afraid to ask about bullets you don't see on either website as well, Peregrine does custom bullets all the time, just be aware you will have to order a minimum of 200 to get them to make it. I have an order in for .358 bullets for 35 Whelen which Peregrine doesn't regularly offer.

Yep, I got it and found Discrete yesterday. But if I put Peregrine bullets in a search what I get is Www.peregrinemonolithics.com for the US distributor. I still do. So hopefully Mr. Stark gets that ironed out and we get some reliable supplies soon. I'll give him a call sometime.

If your rifle likes them, Peregrines are exceptionally accurate and terminal performance is as good as any reputable monolithic.
My two favourite rifles won’t shoot them at all, but for some reason love Barnes TSX / TTSX mono’s.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LightDen

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Roan hunt of a life time !

IHC-KB5 wrote on Huvius's profile.
Thanks for catching the Flanged brass - much appreciated!
new updates !

SETH RINGER wrote on RR 314's profile.
HOW MUCH ARE THEY?? PLAIN? CAMO? THX, SETH
USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.