Thoughts on Craig Boddington?

Well, if you're an Elmer "Magnum" Keith fan like I am, you'll go out and buy as many Magnums as you can find pronto! LOL
@CoElkHunter
Good ol Elmer loved the 35 Whelen loaded with 275 grain pills as well. He actually kilt his world record bar with that combination.
Bob

Well, @Bob Nelson 35Whelen, I have a nice peep sighted FN Mauser I’m not using and am leaning towards sending it to JES for a 35 Whelen rebore job mostly because of how much I enjoy your posts.
You might be an influencer yet. :)
@Uncontrolled_round_feed
I have never influenced anyone to get a Whelen.
I may have suggested it sometimes. Have tried to educate on how to reload it to bring out it's best but never influenced anyone.
Dang I'm even a bad bad influence in myself.
Bob

@CoElkHunter
Good ol Elmer loved the 35 Whelen loaded with 275 grain pills as well. He actually kilt his world record bar with that combination.
Bob
I'm surprised. I didn't think he ever owned a rifle chambered for a cartridge without a belt on it? He must have owned the Whelen before he and several others developed the belted .338 OKH cartridge in the 1950s. The precursor to the .338 WINCHESTER MAGNUM.

@Ontario Hunter
Same people say I'm an effluencer because they think I talk a bit of shit now and then especially about the 243
Bob
@BobNelson 35 Whelen, you are an effective influencer, helping me build another.35 Whelen, and looking for CFE 223 powder.

@Ontario Hunter
Same people say I'm an effluencer because they think I talk a bit of shit now and then especially about the 243
Bob
I laughed way too hard at this honestly....
Well, if you're an Elmer "Magnum" Keith fan like I am, you'll go out and buy as many Magnums as you can find pronto! LOL
I have a .458 Lott and a .375 H&H. What more can one need? Wants are a different story.

I'm surprised. I didn't think he ever owned a rifle chambered for a cartridge without a belt on it? He must have owned the Whelen before he and several others developed the belted .338 OKH cartridge in the 1950s. The precursor to the .338 WINCHESTER MAGNUM.
@CoElkHunter
Just check mate it think it was in the 30s or 40s.
He actually loved the performance of the Whelen with heavy for caliber projectiles.
Bob

@BobNelson 35 Whelen, you are an effective influencer, helping me build another.35 Whelen, and looking for CFE 223 powder.
@cajunchefray
I didn't influence you mate you already new about the Whelen. All I did was steer you in the right direction to get the best out of it
It is definitely a tower of power in an ought size case.
A 225gn that shoots flatter than a 150gn in a 308 and hits harder or as hard as a 338wm out to 400 yds with less powder is nothing to sneeze at. All with moderate recoil
Bob

I have a .458 Lott and a .375 H&H. What more can one need? Wants are a different story.
@Forrest Halley
What more can one need is a silly question to me .
EVERYONE NEEDS A 35 WHELEN OF COURSE .
Bob

I still havent clearly identified the culprit yet, but after three safaris done, and planning some more,, I can say there are certainly some strong influencers here!

Not a magnum fan. I believe in heavey for caliber bullets at modest velocity with complete penetration resulting in quick humane kills. Never followed the speed at all costs light for caliber JOC bs that results in meat lost to bloodshot. Just because of fear of a little or a lot of recoil. Recoil is just a mind over matter issue. If you don’t mind it don’t matter. Probably because in my formative years we were required to use shotguns for big game hunting.

Yep. "Effluencing" is a better label for most of the TV and internet outdoors productions. Definitely shitshows. :D

@Forrest Halley
Bob
Bob, I’ve never done any reloading and was thinking of getting started. I’m sure you reload plenty for the .35 Whelen and wondered if you ever thought of melting down & recasting some of those .35 bullets? I believe that you could cast two 100 gr .243’s from one ”leftover” .35 Whelen bullet —- saving some $$ and also having twice the rounds to fire. Just something for you to think about if times get financially tough or there is a Shortage of “lead” down in your parts (remember You got the “idea” from Me ! )

@Forrest Halley
Bob
Yes, the super calibre what doth defy any semblance of reality in order to smite cartridges north and south of it on the ballistic spectrum.
Just because of fear of a little or a lot of recoil. Recoil is just a mind over matter issue. If you don’t mind it don’t matter. Probably because in my formative years we were required to use shotguns for big game hunting.
I think this is the best explanation of why I am not concerned about the magnums either. A healthy charge of buckshot will make a stout hunter in short order.
Yep. "Effluencing" is a better label for most of the TV and internet outdoors productions. Definitely shitshows. :D
Some of those and some of these people are so full of $#!+ that it astounds reasonable men. It doesn't take a pair of Buh-nock-lers to spot them either.

Bob, I’ve never done any reloading and was thinking of getting started. I’m sure you reload plenty for the .35 Whelen and wondered if you ever thought of melting down & recasting some of those .35 bullets? I believe that you could cast two 100 gr .243’s from one ”leftover” .35 Whelen bullet —- saving some $$ and also having twice the rounds to fire. Just something for you to think about if times get financially tough or there is a Shortage of “lead” down in your parts (remember You got the “idea” from Me ! )
@HankBuck
The thought never crossed my mind. I think I'll stick with the 35 and shoot less but have more fun.
Bob

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AundreaHal

Latest profile posts

Roan hunt of a life time !

IHC-KB5 wrote on Huvius's profile.
Thanks for catching the Flanged brass - much appreciated!
new updates !

SETH RINGER wrote on RR 314's profile.
HOW MUCH ARE THEY?? PLAIN? CAMO? THX, SETH
USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.