AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Member of
KZN Hunting Shooting & Conservation
Hunted
South Africa, Zimbabwe, Sweden
Hi folks, I am looking for some advice from the US based members. I am in the UK and can’t find anyone here that will make a left handed synthetic stock for a Winchester M70.

I have a 30-06 Classic Stainless and would like to stock it with a simple straight comb synthetic sporter stock to handle the English rain and mud. The current wooden stock was cut down way to short by the previous owner, perhaps for a child or small framed adult, and is pretty much useless to me.

A have a friend in the US that can send me one over, I just don’t really know where to look. I know McMillan will do a LH super grade, and Brown Precision? make a good stock too.

I would welcome any advice and resources to try hunt one down. My rifle has the two-piece floor plate and trigger guard assembly.

Thanks in advance.

You might also consider a Boyds Laminated gunstock. They have a lot of options and can do a left hand stock with 2 piece bottom metal.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-06-27 at 8.41.38 AM.png
    Screenshot 2023-06-27 at 8.41.38 AM.png
    3.2 MB · Views: 20
  • Screenshot 2023-06-27 at 8.41.42 AM.png
    Screenshot 2023-06-27 at 8.41.42 AM.png
    3.8 MB · Views: 19
McmIllan would be my first choice, second would Bansner and Co., or Brown Precision. I have stocks from all three companies and am happy with their quality.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AidaPascal

Latest profile posts

SETH RINGER wrote on tracker12's profile.
PARTITIONS
SEND ME PAYMENT INFO, PLEASE AND THANKS.
Khalanyoni Game Ranch wrote on Joshlee0518's profile.
Hi Joshlee0518 (please let me know if you are fine being addressed like that),

Thought I would drop you a PM. It is super exciting to plan a hunt and we are more than happy to assist you. Have you given any thought yet to which species you would like to take?

What do you hunt usually and which weapons/calibers are you using?

Look forward to swapping experiences and ideas.

Happy hunting - Daniel
Our trophy shed is filling up and we are only getting started,

cwpayton wrote on CM McKenzie's profile.
Sir ,is that picture of you packing the shoshone river trail thru buffalo pass? Im trying to get a plan togather for a ride. do you pack professionally or for pleasure. thanks
Cal {cwpayton}
ghay wrote on gearguywb's profile.
Is this rifle sold? If not what is the weight of it and do you know if there is enough difference in diameter between the 35W and the 9.3 to allow for a rebore to a 9.3x62 which is what I am after?
Thanks,
Gary (Just down the road in Springfield)