Suppressor on new Ruger .375

1Birddog!

Reaction score
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Safari Club, Wildlife Committee of Washington
Okay, I have been unsuccessful in all my attempts to purchase a Winchester Classic m70 .375 HH on Gunbroker. Today, (maybe out frustration) I bought a Ruger Guide Gun, 20 inch barrel, in .375 Ruger, at Cabela’s. The price with my member discount was only $1160.99. So, my question is does anyone out there use a suppressor on this gun? What brand and what is the thread pitch? Any quirks with the gun itself? It may not be the .375 of my dreams, but what’s done is done.Thanks!

I believe it's 5/8-18 is the muzzle thread, not sure of any that offer that pitch for an suppressor adapter. You're best solution would be to get a suppressor that takes a HUB mount and custom order a 5/8-18 direct thread mount from someone like Ecco machine.

Silencerco Hybrid 46 or Rex MG7 458 would be my choice, the Thunderbeast Magnus will be offered in 375 soon which is as good as you can get.

Okay, I have been unsuccessful in all my attempts to purchase a Winchester Classic m70 .375 HH on Gunbroker. Today, (maybe out frustration) I bought a Ruger Guide Gun, 20 inch barrel, in .375 Ruger, at Cabela’s. The price with my member discount was only $1160.99. So, my question is does anyone out there use a suppressor on this gun? What brand and what is the thread pitch? Any quirks with the gun itself? It may not be the .375 of my dreams, but what’s done is done.Thanks!
Same reason I ended up with a 375 Ruger

I did the exact same thing with my 416 and ended up with the Ruger African instead of a Rigby. There's a video on YouTube a guy called NYprepper shooting his guide gun with a supressor. Like you said it's not a dream rifle but they are a lot of rifle for the money. Congrats on the new rifle

Buy your lifetime supply of cases for the .375 Ruger NOW by buying all of the Hornady Dangerous Game ammo you can find. Hornady has not made cases for reloading in three years.

The AB raptor 8 with reflex mount was almost made for that gun

I did the exact same thing with my 416 and ended up with the Ruger African instead of a Rigby. There's a video on YouTube a guy called NYprepper shooting his guide gun with a supressor. Like you said it's not a dream rifle but they are a lot of rifle for the money. Congrats on the new rifle
You and Birddog made great decisions to buy a Ruger 375. I took a group hunt in Uganda last month and the guy I was paired up with used a Ruger 375. He took a great buffalo with 2 shots then a very nice hartebeest with 1 shot. His gun shot extremely well, he was very pleased with it. As was mentioned before, the downfall of the Rugers in 375 and 416 is Hornady is not supporting those calibers by making ammo or brass, especially in the 416 version.

You and Birddog made great decisions to buy a Ruger 375. I took a group hunt in Uganda last month and the guy I was paired up with used a Ruger 375. He took a great buffalo with 2 shots then a very nice hartebeest with 1 shot. His gun shot extremely well, he was very pleased with it. As was mentioned before, the downfall of the Rugers in 375 and 416 is Hornady is not supporting those calibers by making ammo or brass, especially in the 416 version.
I got the 416 Ruger, I did luck out last year and find a really nice M70 375H&H. Yeah the ammo selection is pretty sad and 416 brass is nigh impossible to get

Wait to try out a Thunderbeast 375 Magnus, possibly even with the 'brake' (RR version). My SOT got in early and ordered both the Magnus S-RR and Magnus K-RR for demos with an ETA middle of this month.

I already have a R8 threaded barrel in 375 H&H to put it on. Got that barrel 3 weeks ago and tried it with a Sico Hybrid 46. I was surprised it put 3 shots of Barnes 300gr TSX factory ammo in 0.56" group at 100 yard. The Hybrid was nice but I'm expecting the Magnus to be much lighter while still similar suppression so I'm betting I'll end up ordering one for myself.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
divydestination1

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

FDP wrote on gearguywb's profile.
Good morning. I'll take all of them actually. Whats the next step? Thanks, Derek
Have a look af our latest post on the biggest roan i ever guided on!

I realize how hard the bug has bit. I’m on the cusp of safari #2 and I’m looking to plan #3 with my 11 year old a year from now while looking at my work schedule for overtime and computing the math of how many shifts are needed….
Safari Dave wrote on Kevin Peacocke's profile.
I'd like to get some too.

My wife (a biologist, like me) had to have a melanoma removed from her arm last fall.
Grat wrote on HUNTROMANIA's profile.
Hallo Marius- do you have possibilities for stags in September during the roar? Where are your hunting areas in Romania?