Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Atglen Sportsmen's Club, NRA, SCI
Hunted
RSA, DE, NJ, PA, KS, TX, ME
This was posted on a Tennessee hunting forum. This man is a detective in Knoxville and posted about having recovered this rare Ithaca shotgun that had been reported stolen in 1972. If anyone knows anything about this gun or someone who may have owned it or knows who may have owned it please contact this man.

"I'm a Detective in Knoxville and have recovered a very rare 1933 Ithaca 28ga. Shotgun. This gun maybe 1 of 3 examples in existence according to the collector/broker that shipped it. Only 44 were ever made. I know that it was reported stolen in Nashville in 1972 but Nashville Metro Police said they don't have archives that old.I know it's a long shot but if anyone knows of someone who was a Victim of the theft of this gun I'd really appreciate you having them call me. I'm a gun enthusiast just as many of you are and know if this belong to my family I'd want it back.My goal is to get it back to its rightful owner or descendants. "

Respectfully, Det. David Ogle, AKA Yotekiller011.
865 215-7032, or cell 865 254-6886

IMG_2530.jpeg

This was posted on a Tennessee hunting forum. This man is a detective in Knoxville and posted about having recovered this rare Ithaca shotgun that had been reported stolen in 1972. If anyone knows anything about this gun or someone who may have owned it or knows who may have owned it please contact this man.

"I'm a Detective in Knoxville and have recovered a very rare 1933 Ithaca 28ga. Shotgun. This gun maybe 1 of 3 examples in existence according to the collector/broker that shipped it. Only 44 were ever made. I know that it was reported stolen in Nashville in 1972 but Nashville Metro Police said they don't have archives that old.I know it's a long shot but if anyone knows of someone who was a Victim of the theft of this gun I'd really appreciate you having them call me. I'm a gun enthusiast just as many of you are and know if this belong to my family I'd want it back.My goal is to get it back to its rightful owner or descendants. "

Respectfully, Det. David Ogle, AKA Yotekiller011.
865 215-7032, or cell 865 254-6886

View attachment 596361
I do not know anything about this shotgun, but I have to say that I admire your effort to find the rightful owner more than 50 years after it was reported stolen. You just don't see that kind of dedication to doing the right thing very often.

Bet a fair few people are putting their hands up as owner :E Laugh:

Nice shotgun, surprised at the condition after so long.

Whoever took it was a thief but apparently a very conscientious one when it came to taking care of firearms!

Best of luck finding the rightful owner/heirs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bvanpelt

Latest profile posts

Roan hunt of a life time !

IHC-KB5 wrote on Huvius's profile.
Thanks for catching the Flanged brass - much appreciated!
new updates !

SETH RINGER wrote on RR 314's profile.
HOW MUCH ARE THEY?? PLAIN? CAMO? THX, SETH
USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.