Starting to get real

Pablo

AH member
Reaction score
Member of
SCI, Puro Pinche Low Fence Hunting
Hunted
USA, South Africa
After 20 years, I'm going back to South Africa this July. Bought the tickets with Delta back in February. Man, I had a hard time plunking down the money for those hi dollar tickets. This time, I'll have the little lady with me but she won't be pulling a trigger. I think I've got her bribed with a spa and massages. I went to the CBP office at the San Antone airport last week to get my 4457 for my rifle and other stuff, and I'm glad I took my time. The customs guy had zero personality and was just drawing his paycheck. He never even cracked a smile. As I was checking my paperwork, he didn't stamp/sign one of my forms. Got that little oversight corrected. Guess it's par for the course with a govt entity.
We also did the Global Rescue insurance thing before the 1st. Now I'm filling out the SAPS form to send to Henry and then going through my checklist. I have locks and airtags sitting in my Amazon cart. Gotta round up some ammo to start blasting away at targets so I can hit a critter. I can't freakin wait!!

Exciting! We look forward to the report!

After 20 years, I'm going back to South Africa this July. Bought the tickets with Delta back in February. Man, I had a hard time plunking down the money for those hi dollar tickets. This time, I'll have the little lady with me but she won't be pulling a trigger. I think I've got her bribed with a spa and massages. I went to the CBP office at the San Antone airport last week to get my 4457 for my rifle and other stuff, and I'm glad I took my time. The customs guy had zero personality and was just drawing his paycheck. He never even cracked a smile. As I was checking my paperwork, he didn't stamp/sign one of my forms. Got that little oversight corrected. Guess it's par for the course with a govt entity.
We also did the Global Rescue insurance thing before the 1st. Now I'm filling out the SAPS form to send to Henry and then going through my checklist. I have locks and airtags sitting in my Amazon cart. Gotta round up some ammo to start blasting away at targets so I can hit a critter. I can't freakin wait!!
The missus and I also did our global entry interview in San Antonio on Sunday, week before last. We leave in August.

hope you both have a wonderful and safe trip! wish I was going this year but next year will come soon enough

Excited for you. Have to wait for June of 25 for my first trip. I guess it gives me more time to save up for those tickets. Dang they are expensive.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AundreaHal

Latest profile posts

Roan hunt of a life time !

IHC-KB5 wrote on Huvius's profile.
Thanks for catching the Flanged brass - much appreciated!
new updates !

SETH RINGER wrote on RR 314's profile.
HOW MUCH ARE THEY?? PLAIN? CAMO? THX, SETH
USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.