Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Cleveland Gun Club
Hunted
Zimbabwe, SouthAfrica
No, not the bronco tamers, but heel spurs. Many years ago I jumped down from a railway carriage and landed on the ballast, splitting the cartliege under the left heel. It was blinding flash painful and took a full year to be able to walk properly. Now all these years later a heel spur has developed and to those who have such a thing you will know it isn't pleasant. Now I love my Courtneys as you know, but even with an orthotic insert at the end of the day the foot is throbbing. The soft Orthocomfort slippers I got from the USA work a treat though. So the project is to modify the Courteneys to the Orthos. I am thinking of cutting out a deep depression in the heel of the Courteney from the inside, and inserting a cut-out of the heel of the Orthos to fit the void. Then put the Ortho inner sole over the top.
Have any of you ever attempted such a thing?
Are there any podiatrists on our group who could offer advice?

Try Sorbothane products. We used the inserts in the army to counter shin splints back in the day. Good product to cushion impact. I think they also make a heel pad.
Were available in RSA, not sure if they still are.
This. I had terrible shin splints and sorbothane inserts cured them.

Try Sorbothane products. We used the inserts in the army to counter shin splints back in the day. Good product to cushion impact. I think they also make a heel pad.
Were available in RSA, not sure if they still are.
Thank you jon

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cliff19D04

Latest profile posts

We bagged a big old buff with hunter from Norway check out our post!!

I live in Tyler Texas. I like Ruger single action revolvers Ruger rifles, and Marlin and Winchester lever guns.
SETH RINGER wrote on tracker12's profile.
PARTITIONS
SEND ME PAYMENT INFO, PLEASE AND THANKS.
Khalanyoni Game Ranch wrote on Joshlee0518's profile.
Hi Joshlee0518 (please let me know if you are fine being addressed like that),

Thought I would drop you a PM. It is super exciting to plan a hunt and we are more than happy to assist you. Have you given any thought yet to which species you would like to take?

What do you hunt usually and which weapons/calibers are you using?

Look forward to swapping experiences and ideas.

Happy hunting - Daniel
Our trophy shed is filling up and we are only getting started,