Spomer's new Parkwest falling block

It certainly looks beautiful, but to be brutally honest I still prefer the lines of the Ruger No1, with the signature forend and all. And it works flawlessly out of the box.
If Ruger would fit the quarter rib to the conture of the barrel so it wouldn't have that unsightly and incomplete looking gap under it, I would consider the #1 to be the near perfect single shot rifle.

Spomer is getting good at click-bait titles.
Maybe after he gets his titles mastered he can do something about that accent! It’s like nails on a chalkboard to this Okie.

That said, I fully acknowledge the fact that my accent would likely be unbearable to many.

Last edited:
I have just visited the Park West factory. One of their main honchos is going on this hunt with Ron Spomer--an exciting hunt that also includes elephant. I was greatly impressed by their product, their staff and their manufacturing methods. If I were ever on the marked for a custom bolt-action rifle, I'd definitely consider them. I must admit I know nothing about their single shot--also because I am "imprinted" to the Farquharson system (and variants) as well as to original prewar British single-shots.

That Parkwest is gorgeous. I have an affinity for single shots. If I hit the lottery, they’ll get a call.

Oh and replace the 10/22 rear sight with a proper express sight and increase the size of the front sight bead.
These sound to me like fairly minor mods, has anyone done such? Then again, for a basic starter package that good, for that price, I would say there is an awful lot of change for upgrades if that is what you want. I personally toyed with upgrading the stock wood and shape on my No1 375H&H, but upon reflection I am glad I didn't. It is utterly pleasant a form as it is. One day I may get some very fine walnut for my 30-06 version, but I wouldn't change the shape one tiny bit.

The action was designed by Martin Hagn, he allowed Dakota(now Parkwest) to use the design. Dakota altered the firing pin angle slightly.
Where did you get that information? The Hagn is a much simplier and better design. The Dakota M10 is a shit show of a design. It looks very pretty, but is fairly useless.

Where did you get that information? The Hagn is a much simplier and better design. The Dakota M10 is a shit show of a design. It looks very pretty, but is fairly useless.
He mentions it in all 3 videos
3rd video he go's into detail.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AundreaHal

Latest profile posts

Roan hunt of a life time !

IHC-KB5 wrote on Huvius's profile.
Thanks for catching the Flanged brass - much appreciated!
new updates !

SETH RINGER wrote on RR 314's profile.
HOW MUCH ARE THEY?? PLAIN? CAMO? THX, SETH
USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.