SOUTH AFRICA: Dangerous Game Hunt With MATTANJA HUNTING SAFARIS

Thanks for all of the nice comments. If it's not clear yet, I can highly recommend Dieter and Mattanja Hunting Safaris. He is licensed to hunt in RSA and Zim. We will be doing more together without a doubt!

Great hunt and hunt report. I was considering a hunt there and just was informed by my PH that Mattanja was sold to the Prince of Saudi Arabia and was no longer available to hunt. Does anyone know if this is true or not?

Don't know what you mean. Mattanja is a name (means gift from God) that could be applied to many things. In this case, it's a business name not a location. Dieter hunts in many places with that business name.

Great report! Thanks for sharing, and congratulations on an awesome safaris

I got it off the. Mattanja safari website that describes the particular area I was trying to hunt- specifically for croc and rhino dart hunt but is now not available. I understand he has more areas but perhaps this one is no longer available and I was just trying to get confirmation. Since you were just recently there I thought you might have some knowledge of this including if the great lodge is still available. Thank you

I will find out. I'm in contact with Dieter daily. If you want to share other details by PM please don't hesitate.

Dieter will be online tonight and will provide some clarity on the Saudi prince question. The ranch we hunted has not been sold but the Prince has bought land around there.

Also, correction to one of my earlier posts but I can’t edit it now…Dieter is not licensed in Zim but works there through/with a licensed Zim PH. Only native Zimbabweans can be licensed there. Apologies for the confusion. Don’t want to get the Zim guys riled up!

Funny you say that. I just put up my gear from the trip and need to replace some clothing!
Yes, I have relegated clothing close to “end of life” for my trips to Africa (Namibia). It leaves more room for the pieces you pick up along the way.

Congrats and thanks for sharing!

Great report, well done on some impressive trophies. I spent a week in that camp a few years back and it was the same then as you described it. I remember the stunning views.

Great report, well done on some impressive trophies. I spent a week in that camp a few years back and it was the same then as you described it. I remember the stunning views.
Great food and views in that camp, eh? What did you hunt there? I’ve never seen so many crocs!

Glen and Charmaine are wonderful hosts. Leadwood Ranch is the name if anyone is looking for a good ranch to hunt.

I got it off the. Mattanja safari website that describes the particular area I was trying to hunt- specifically for croc and rhino dart hunt but is now not available. I understand he has more areas but perhaps this one is no longer available and I was just trying to get confirmation. Since you were just recently there I thought you might have some knowledge of this including if the great lodge is still available. Thank you
Just to give some clarity to everyone, there was a property called 'Mattanja' that was sold to a Saudi Prince 3 years ago.
Leadwood, the place written about in this report where Green Chile hunted is my main hunting area and is not sold neither in the process of being sold. It is available to hunt and will be available to hunt for many years to come!

What a great hunting report. It plays out well,, leading to a great visual interpretation to the reader, and there are the awesome pictures. Wish I could verbalize my hunting trips this clearly. Thanks for the "ride along" on your fantastic trip.

Really appreciate a well written report - particularly one about a quality hunt. Great unique bull.

Red Leg, I really appreciate that comment as I feel that you are excellent with your hunt reports. Thanks!

I enjoyed the report and appreciate the level of details that you presented. Congratulations on some fine trophies and you “earned” your buffalo! The honey badger was a bonus and deserves a full body mount.

HH

Thanks. Definitely full mount on HB. No idea on pose. Don't like open mouth poses.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LakeshaCla

Latest profile posts

We bagged a big old buff with hunter from Norway check out our post!!

I live in Tyler Texas. I like Ruger single action revolvers Ruger rifles, and Marlin and Winchester lever guns.
SETH RINGER wrote on tracker12's profile.
PARTITIONS
SEND ME PAYMENT INFO, PLEASE AND THANKS.
Khalanyoni Game Ranch wrote on Joshlee0518's profile.
Hi Joshlee0518 (please let me know if you are fine being addressed like that),

Thought I would drop you a PM. It is super exciting to plan a hunt and we are more than happy to assist you. Have you given any thought yet to which species you would like to take?

What do you hunt usually and which weapons/calibers are you using?

Look forward to swapping experiences and ideas.

Happy hunting - Daniel
Our trophy shed is filling up and we are only getting started,