Sorry I'm late, I got here as soon as I could

Welcome Allen!
Congratulations on your new purchase, those Blazers are truly superb firearms and in my personal opinion one of the most accurate rifles off the shelf.
If you plan to come to Africa, consider getting yourself a 416 barrel. That's a great caliber for anything Africa has to offer.
All the best and enjoy the forum. Here is a wealth of knowledge which I'm sure you will contribute to.
Regards

Welcome!
There is an incredible amount of knowledge here with wonderful people willing to share. From your introduction you’ll fit right in. Prior to joining I didn’t have anything larger than a 338 win mag and I thought it was a big bore LOL. Well now I have some 375’s (medium bores) and a 458 double barrel (big bore).
Thanks for joining us. Enjoy.

Good morning and welcome aboard Allan. I'm quite sure your R8 collection will grow bigger eventually.

Since you’re in BC, have you checked out rifles and shotguns on Ralf Martini’s website? He is very knowledgeable and helpful. Of course he could make a fantastic new rifle for your specifications but he has some nice firearms on consignments as well.

Regards,

yhc

Hello from southwest British Columbia, a little town called Squamish.

I didn't actually set out in search of an Africa Hunting forum, I stumbled on the site while researching the Blaser R8 and was impressed by the quality of information being posted. In particular, I read all the way through a thread "Transitioning to a Blaser R8..." and I blame the OP for the phone call i made earlier today and the R8 Ultimate in 6.5CM that is now en route. I have a few questions about the R8 that I'll post once I've settled in.

I suppose my interest in Africa started a little before that. It is winter here and hunting season is over so I usually tinker with my guns and load development but I've gotten to a place where my hunting rifles all shoot tight, fast groups so my mind wandered to the place that any reasonable person would go-- new guns. We have one primary website in Canada for used guns and the guns that kept grabbing my attention were wooden rifles in calibers that I have no use for in British Columbia. Though I understand the merit of buying guns for the sake of buying guns I have an irritating trait that insists on practicality. Why buy a beautiful double rifle if I'm never actually going to carry it and hunt with it? Short story long, I guess I was already thinking about a safari before I stumbled on this site.

I've never hunted outside BC. I've always been a meat hunter and have never hunted with a guide so I'm not sure how I fit into the safari world. I'll read a few threads before I start asking questions.

My first couple visits here have impressed me with the intellgence and experience of the posters. I've also liked the cameraderie evident between members and the pleasant tone of discourse. I know serious topics beget passionate exchanges but I'm too old and too lazy to argue (much) with people on the internet.

Thank you for having me, I hope to learn a lot and eventually add a nugget of wisdom here and there.

Allan
Welcome Allan, hope you get to Africa on day and that you can write your own hunting report for everyone to enjoy.

Good afternoon sir welcome to AH and the Congratulations on the Blazer very very good rifles and I believe for speed shooting there is no beter rifle that the R8.
We really hope to see you in Africa to show you the beaties that Africa holds.
We have so much to offer in Africa, if you’ve been here for your first time, you’ll always return.

Welcome Allan, you most certainly will fit right in. Who needs an excuse to buy another blaster? You are never wrong. Plenty of ways to smuggle arms into the house!

Welcome aboard. There is a wealth of knowledge here and many fine folks willing to share their experiences.

Welcome aboard!

Welcome from soggy NW Washington. My daughter, and family live in Nanaimo, not all that far from you though there is some very wet real estate between you!

Welcome to AH!!

Welcome to the family and the forum.

Welcome to AH

Welcome aboard Allen.
Fire away if you need more info about Africa.
Sincerely
Hans de Klerk

Hello from southwest British Columbia, a little town called Squamish.

I didn't actually set out in search of an Africa Hunting forum, I stumbled on the site while researching the Blaser R8 and was impressed by the quality of information being posted. In particular, I read all the way through a thread "Transitioning to a Blaser R8..." and I blame the OP for the phone call i made earlier today and the R8 Ultimate in 6.5CM that is now en route. I have a few questions about the R8 that I'll post once I've settled in.

I suppose my interest in Africa started a little before that. It is winter here and hunting season is over so I usually tinker with my guns and load development but I've gotten to a place where my hunting rifles all shoot tight, fast groups so my mind wandered to the place that any reasonable person would go-- new guns. We have one primary website in Canada for used guns and the guns that kept grabbing my attention were wooden rifles in calibers that I have no use for in British Columbia. Though I understand the merit of buying guns for the sake of buying guns I have an irritating trait that insists on practicality. Why buy a beautiful double rifle if I'm never actually going to carry it and hunt with it? Short story long, I guess I was already thinking about a safari before I stumbled on this site.

I've never hunted outside BC. I've always been a meat hunter and have never hunted with a guide so I'm not sure how I fit into the safari world. I'll read a few threads before I start asking questions.

My first couple visits here have impressed me with the intellgence and experience of the posters. I've also liked the cameraderie evident between members and the pleasant tone of discourse. I know serious topics beget passionate exchanges but I'm too old and too lazy to argue (much) with people on the internet.

Thank you for having me, I hope to learn a lot and eventually add a nugget of wisdom here and there.

Allan
Welcome to AH

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SherlynSch

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

FDP wrote on gearguywb's profile.
Good morning. I'll take all of them actually. Whats the next step? Thanks, Derek
Have a look af our latest post on the biggest roan i ever guided on!

I realize how hard the bug has bit. I’m on the cusp of safari #2 and I’m looking to plan #3 with my 11 year old a year from now while looking at my work schedule for overtime and computing the math of how many shifts are needed….
Safari Dave wrote on Kevin Peacocke's profile.
I'd like to get some too.

My wife (a biologist, like me) had to have a melanoma removed from her arm last fall.
Grat wrote on HUNTROMANIA's profile.
Hallo Marius- do you have possibilities for stags in September during the roar? Where are your hunting areas in Romania?