Sometimes you get lucky

Bert the Turtle

Lifetime bronze benefactor
AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Articles
I’ve got a buffalo hunt with my son this summer and I decided I wanted to use the 430 North Fork soft in my 404. My goal was 2150-2250FPS

Just shot the starting load over the chronograph: 2207FPS. Iron sights hitting close enough to bust up a piece of old
concrete block.

I want to fine tune overall length for proper feeding but looks like things are coming together.

And now, from the other end of the weight spectrum, I see that CEB is making a 257g raptor. No idea what the muzzle velocity is but I’m guessing about a billion feet per second. Not sure what it’s intended for but I bet it would switch a leopard off pretty fast. I’ve requested load data. For no good reason whatsoever.

And now, from the other end of the weight spectrum, I see that CEB is making a 257g raptor. No idea what the muzzle velocity is but I’m guessing about a billion feet per second. Not sure what it’s intended for but I bet it would switch a leopard off pretty fast. I’ve requested load data. For no good reason whatsoever.
I bet it could make a pretty sweet PG bullet, or anything in NA bigger than a deer....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DaneSorens

Latest profile posts

Roan hunt of a life time !

IHC-KB5 wrote on Huvius's profile.
Thanks for catching the Flanged brass - much appreciated!
new updates !

SETH RINGER wrote on RR 314's profile.
HOW MUCH ARE THEY?? PLAIN? CAMO? THX, SETH
USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.