Some not so common Handguns

I bought this Benelli B76 in 9mm last year after a customer brought it in. Excellent shooting pistol discontinued in the 80s.
IMG_4529.jpeg

Another "unusual" handgun, I suppose, is my dress pistol. If in a business suit or tux, one ought to also wear an appropriate firearm. My Walther PPK in .380.

View attachment 580254
@Red Leg
When I first started reading this I thought Red Leg in a dress, I would pay to see that and wondered if'n y'all kept it in your bra or garter.
Fortunately I read on.
Nicely engraved James Bond gun he loves the little PPK . My gunsmith has a fully engraved gold plated one that his customer bought in
Bob

I was supposed to inherit an xp-100 in .221fireball from my old man down the road but current legislation makes that illegal here in Canada. I’m stuck with only a 422 smith an Wesson personally here and hoping the laws get changed so I don’t loose dads.
@Tubby’s Canteen
If'n it ain't registered it never existed.
Bob

A friend of mine in Tucson tuned up these three and then re-gripped them for me. The two on the belt are pre-ban ivory. The other is giraffe leg bone. I don't shoot these very much, mostly just practice spinning them (I'm not very good at it).
View attachment 605521

Perhaps some day I'll be as good as this guy. Okay, probably not. But we all need goals.
@Sourdough
Yeah but can he shoot
Lucky it's not an Alex Baldwin gun or he would probably blows his dang foot off re holstering it
Bob

It's not rare, but it's a legal deer and bear hunting cartridge in the state of Georgia, USA.

The mighty .25 ACP!!!

With a whopping 63 ft/lbs. of energy at the muzzle, it is completely LEGAL for any big-game animal in Georgia, even if an elk wanders down here from North Carolina or Tennessee.

The .22 Winchester Magnum, at 324 ft/lbs. of energy at the muzzle, is completely ILLEGAL for any big game animal in Georgia.

View attachment 580205
@Safari Dave - doubt that any .22mag round generates 300ft/lbs energy out of short barreled handgun….but I’d rather have a .22 rimfire “anything” vs. a .25ACP ie: Another-Crap-Pistol

Stylish looks of course... That or a beer opener!
I like your idea better....beer opener.

I was going to guess

1) "skull cracker"....when in close quarters fist fight or out of bullets.

Or

2) for trick shooting....shooting with one's back to the target, using a mirror, over the shoulder shot, using the non shooting hand or thumb to help steady the revolver.

I dont remember Charles Bronson having a 458 Webley , he did have the 475 Wildey though .
It could have been a 475 Wildey. It has been awhile since I seen the movie. And then there is Swarzenegger in that one cop show where he is playing a Russian cop sent to the US and he rattles of a Russian(?) handgun caliber, saying it is the most powerful handgun in the world.

And just like that it was a race to build the largest, most powerful handgun in the would. It went from handgun cartridge used in rifles to rifle (and shotgun) cartridges used in handguns.

Norwegian 1893 Nagant 7,5mm revolver.. This is for illustration only, mine is from the first delivery to the army of 6th june 1894, numbered 85X..

Revolver-Nagant-Nagant-M1893.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LetaAvera2

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

FDP wrote on gearguywb's profile.
Good morning. I'll take all of them actually. Whats the next step? Thanks, Derek
Have a look af our latest post on the biggest roan i ever guided on!

I realize how hard the bug has bit. I’m on the cusp of safari #2 and I’m looking to plan #3 with my 11 year old a year from now while looking at my work schedule for overtime and computing the math of how many shifts are needed….
Safari Dave wrote on Kevin Peacocke's profile.
I'd like to get some too.

My wife (a biologist, like me) had to have a melanoma removed from her arm last fall.
Grat wrote on HUNTROMANIA's profile.
Hallo Marius- do you have possibilities for stags in September during the roar? Where are your hunting areas in Romania?