Smith & Wesson Model 29 - $1450 Plus Actual Shipping

mdsalern

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Smith and Wesson Model 29 6/6.5” barrel
Original box, in fair condition.
All but one of the case candy.
See pics.

I know I’ll hate myself for this one, but I lived out my Dirty Harry fantasy.

Have ammo. Will discuss separately.

IMG_5617.jpeg
IMG_5619.jpeg
IMG_5621.jpeg
IMG_5622.jpeg
IMG_5623.jpeg
IMG_5624.jpeg
IMG_5625.jpeg
IMG_5618.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Smith and Wesson Model 29 6/6.5” barrel
Original box, in fair condition.
All but one of the case candy.
See pics.

I know I’ll hate myself for this one, but I lived out my Dirty Harry fantasy.

Have ammo. Will discuss separately.

View attachment 593106View attachment 593107View attachment 593108View attachment 593109View attachment 593110View attachment 593111View attachment 593112View attachment 593113
MDSALERN: How could you do it? You might hate yourself in the morning. An outstanding Revolver and maybe the best ever ,44 mag revolver made: The 629-2 “pinned & recessed” with 6.5” barrel — very well made, great trigger, accurate, durable and reflects a level of craftsmanship that no longer exists. Also the bluing is far better then anything being produced today (on a handgun) and only an older Colt Python has as good (or better) finish. Yours appears to be in good functional condition with some “honest wear”. Good luck in your sale — don’t cry too hard afterwards. I have exact same model: NIB Unfired, presentation case 29-2 w/6.5” barrel and all original boxes, paperwork & cleanng tools. I remove it from my Safe once a year just to look at it, wipe it down lightly, and then “Smile” for just knowing I have it. Someday I likely sell —- but I need to figure out how long I’d be “Crying”??

Had one that came in a wood presentation case with accessory’s. Ran it hard and had it rebuilt by Smith. Finally passed on to a grandson.
Great revolver!
Luvthunt: you’ve got a very “Lucky Grandson”…. Most kids “under 50“ only want semi autos and anything that holds less then 15 rounds is “inadequate”. How was that revolver after the S&W rebuild? I wonder if they have the gunsmiths & skill to do that rebuild today?? I think that the S&W revolvers today are likely “stronger & more durable” but the 15 lb. “Lawyer” triggers and “rusty gate” actions keep me from wanting to purchasing any.

Luvthunt: you’ve got a very “Lucky Grandson”…. Most kids “under 50“ only want semi autos and anything that holds less then 15 rounds is “inadequate”. How was that revolver after the S&W rebuild? I wonder if they have the gunsmiths & skill to do that rebuild today?? I think that the S&W revolvers today are likely “stronger & more durable” but the 15 lb. “Lawyer” triggers and “rusty gate” actions keep me from wanting to purchasing any.
S&W 29
HB
Well Grandson is now 46 yr old and I passed it at least 25 years ago. Smith at that time did a superb rebuild and I had the performance pkg included with rebuild. It was a gem to shoot. Trigger in both single and double action was without complaint.I passed the revolver as at the time my grandson was having a problem with the 44 mag. The better trigger helped greatly.
Fred

Perhaps have a look at the performance center guns, no lawyer triggers or rusty gate actions on the lot. Even S&W regular line is by far smoother than any other production revolver line.
Fine revolver for sale, best of luck

Perhaps have a look at the performance center guns, no lawyer triggers or rusty gate actions on the lot. Even S&W regular line is by far smoother than any other production revolver line.
Fine revolver for sale, best of luck
Bullthrower338: If I ever did buy a Newer model S&W would certainly heed your advice as the only decent new Smiths are coming out of their Performance Center…it’s sad that 30 years ago their “basic quality” matched or exceeded current “Custom” work. Even now, the Performance Center does Not have high quality bluing and still has the stupid “hole-key-lock”

Bullthrower338: If I ever did buy a Newer model S&W would certainly heed your advice as the only decent new Smiths are coming out of their Performance Center…it’s sad that 30 years ago their “basic quality” matched or exceeded current “Custom” work. Even now, the Performance Center does Not have high quality bluing and still has the stupid “hole-key-lock”
As goes everything else, not much is built worth a pinch of hen shit any longer

Nope

What are the discolorations on the bluing from? Appears at base of barrel almost like Holster wear and other discoloration on the frame? I thought it was the lighting in the photo but hard to tell and seems significant on a ANIB item…was there an interactions with oil or the fabric of the presentation case? I know my presentation case had a plastic form inside where the flocking degraded after 30 years but it never affected the metal

What are the discolorations on the bluing from? Appears at base of barrel almost like Holster wear and other discoloration on the frame? I thought it was the lighting in the photo but hard to tell and seems significant on a ANIB item…was there an interactions with oil or the fabric of the presentation case? I know my presentation case had a plastic form inside where the flocking degraded after 30 years but it never affected the metal
Mod 29 purchased 14years ago with only factory test rounds fired. No blems of any sort anywhere.Probably bad camera angle the case is also perfect
Ive been tempted to shoot it many times but have never given in.

Mod 29 purchased 14years ago with only factory test rounds fired. No blems of any sort anywhere.Probably bad camera angle the case is also perfect
Ive been tempted to shoot it many times but have never given in.
Rob404, thanks, photos are often affected by light, camera angle etc.. I couldn’t tell what condition the finish was in. If this Mod 29 does Not have the “lock” it would have been manufactured prior to 2006 and is now worth more then it’s original MSRP. Even if you shoot it (lightly) it would sell above it’s original MSRB and maybe higher then some current New models. Since it is Not an older “pinned & recessed” model - I would shoot it (mostly with .44 Special & just a few Magnum rounds) to enjoy it and still take great care of it….it will lose some value once you fire it but should still sell for above what you paid for it (if that’s what you eventually do). They are a very nice revolver And the 6” barrel allows for good accuracy and manageable recoil. You’ve got a good one !

Rob404, thanks, photos are often affected by light, camera angle etc.. I couldn’t tell what condition the finish was in. If this Mod 29 does Not have the “lock” it would have been manufactured prior to 2006 and is now worth more then it’s original MSRP. Even if you shoot it (lightly) it would sell above it’s original MSRB and maybe higher then some current New models. Since it is Not an older “pinned & recessed” model - I would shoot it (mostly with .44 Special & just a few Magnum rounds) to enjoy it and still take great care of it….it will lose some value once you fire it but should still sell for above what you paid for it (if that’s what you eventually do). They are a very nice revolver And the 6” barrel allows for good accuracy and manageable recoil. You’ve got a good one !
Thanks ,My shooting Buddy has lusted after it for years and has first dibs if I ever sell it

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ASBending

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

SSG Joe wrote on piratensafaris's profile.
From one newbie to another, Welcome aboard!
BLAAUWKRANTZ safaris wrote on Greylin's profile.
We have just completed a group hunt with guys from North Carolina, please feel free to contact the organizers of the group, Auburn at auburn@opextechnologies.com or Courtney at courtney@opextechnologies.com Please visit our website www.blaauwkrantz.com and email me at zanidixie@gmail.com
Zani
FDP wrote on gearguywb's profile.
Good morning. I'll take all of them actually. Whats the next step? Thanks, Derek
Have a look af our latest post on the biggest roan i ever guided on!

I realize how hard the bug has bit. I’m on the cusp of safari #2 and I’m looking to plan #3 with my 11 year old a year from now while looking at my work schedule for overtime and computing the math of how many shifts are needed….