Hunting reports
Africa
Mex/S.Amer
Europe
Member of
DSC Life Member, International Member PHASA
Hunted
Several of the lower 48, Alaska, South Africa, Ireland, Argentina, Peru
Just sharing info as I had no clue this existed prior to yesterday, but thought it might apply to many users on AH...

Sitka has a "Pro Purchase Program".. basically they offer substantial discounts on their gear to not only people in the hunting industry (guides, outfitters, etc).. but also military veterans, law enforcement, and govt employees...

I shot them a copy of my DD214 yesterday.. and got an email from them today telling me I was "approved"... went to the website to check out "pro" pricing.. and was pretty blown away...

I bought a set of sitka rain gear as well as a beanie and a pair of gloves about 18 months ago... they were on sale at Scheels at the time..

Had I bought them today, direct from sitka, using the pro plan... it would have been about $300 cheaper..

Well worth the time and energy it too to scan a copy of the DD214 and send an email I think...

I see more sitka gear in my future :)

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-08-12 at 8.59.14 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-08-12 at 8.59.14 AM.png
    4.3 MB · Views: 61
  • Screen Shot 2022-08-12 at 8.59.17 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-08-12 at 8.59.17 AM.png
    422.9 KB · Views: 70
Love this but question sending someone a copy of dd214. Most companies use a 3rd company that you register with one time and that is your verification. Been so long since I did one can’t remember the name but done once and in your file from then on. No ss# required. Not trying to be a downer but I had ID stolen once and no one gets my ss# now unless damn good reason.

I dunno.. most of the programs like this that I am aware of (Leupold for example has something similar) have required me to send a DD214...

Completely understand your position on the SSN (or the rest of the DD214 for that matter)... for me I guess it was worth the risk (Ive enjoyed picking up leupold items at 40% below MSRP for a couple of years through their "VIP" program... most of my rifles now sport leupolds.. where a few years back I was dyed in the wool zeiss guy..)..

Reactions: USN
Wonder if you could block the ss# then I am in. Send the dd214 but block out the sensitive parts. Then I am in! And thanks for heads up sucks I leave for Africa the 18th or I would have to buy some more gear. Again thank you Sir!

Just went and looked the 3rd party is ID.me most companies I have dealt with us them and once in ID me good to go

Wonder if you could block the ss# then I am in. Send the dd214 but block out the sensitive parts. Then I am in! And thanks for heads up sucks I leave for Africa the 18th or I would have to buy some more gear. Again thank you Sir!

I bet this would work.

My SS isn’t redacted.. but honestly much of the copy of the dd214 I sent them is not legible… I’m a pretty old dog.. my copy was taken from a pic of an old microfiche copy that was sent to me after I requested one from ARPERSON over 20 years ago…, I can barely make out my rank at separation and half of the schools attended, etc…and the actual separation date is so blurred you can’t tell if I left the service in the 80s or 90s lol.. all you can read clearly is the 19… the next 2 digits are a smear… Sitka accepted it and processed me in24 hours…

Worst they can do is say no

Dave thanks for the info, will check it out.

Sweet! Thank you for sharing, I didn't know Sitka did this!

Yes, most companies are using ID.me.

Another one that offers a hell of a discount is Badland. I believe their discount is around 40% from their MSRP price. Which is not bad at all.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GaryHerrin

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I live in Tyler Texas. I like Ruger single action revolvers Ruger rifles, and Marlin and Winchester lever guns.
SETH RINGER wrote on tracker12's profile.
PARTITIONS
SEND ME PAYMENT INFO, PLEASE AND THANKS.
Khalanyoni Game Ranch wrote on Joshlee0518's profile.
Hi Joshlee0518 (please let me know if you are fine being addressed like that),

Thought I would drop you a PM. It is super exciting to plan a hunt and we are more than happy to assist you. Have you given any thought yet to which species you would like to take?

What do you hunt usually and which weapons/calibers are you using?

Look forward to swapping experiences and ideas.

Happy hunting - Daniel
Our trophy shed is filling up and we are only getting started,