www.spearsafaris.com
Deals & offers
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Life Member of SCI, DSC, PHASA
Hunted
RSA, Namibia, Zimbabwe, Zambia, Botswana, Benin, Burkina Faso, Mozambique, Tanzania, USA, Phillipines
Spear Safaris is looking for a Hunter to Join a already Booked client on a 9 day 2x1 Sitatunga / Lechwe Safari for 2017 in Zambia.
Dates are 1 to 9 October 2017, flexible by a few days.
Hunt will be conducted in the Tondwa GMA, Black Lechwe can be added en route to Tondwa and Kafue Lechwe can be added before the hunt starts, and will commence from Lusaka.
Costs.
9 days $ 7950
Concession fee $ 2500
License fee $ 1450
D&P $ 1500.
Trophy fee $ 6000.00 ( Sitatunga)
A Charter is needed and hunters can share the cost.

Attached picture is a Typical Tondwa representative Sitatunga

Sitatunga in Tondwa is virtually guaranteed, Puku, Bushpig, Blue Duiker, Reedbuck and a few more can also be taken.
DSCN3006.jpg

Tondwa is a great area to hunt...
We saw several good Sitatunga there last year first week of November. Just as the first rains were starting.

@Spear Safaris Are there no Eland and Sable available this year?

I would love to do Zambia. Just a bit out of my budget for now. Still, just for clarity. What do you expect the transfer to run. Also prices for other animals that might be on quota....... Thanks. Bruce

I can't imagine what they do for dip and pack that costs $1500 for one animal?

Dreamy hunt for sure:E Day Dreaming::E Day Dreaming::E Day Dreaming::E Excited::E Excited::E Excited:

Sort of like a Tanzania hunt. When you start adding up the expensive extras, like concession fees, and that air charter, (good grief!), pretty soon its out of reach. Now we fly all the way to Africa and return for less than the cost of a charter flight to the bush from wherever. That is exorbitant! Perhaps easy for me to say since I got a sitatunga many years ago when it was much more affordable. Still the idea of paying $4200 one way for a likely 2 hour flight just does not sit well. Yes, I know its shared with other hunters, but what if there is only one other hunter? Its ridiculous.

The Flight from Lusaka to Lake Tanganyika is around 3 Hours one way, so a round trip flight of 6 hours for the plane. Driving is a option, just not recommended, add a few days either way to the whole trip to allow for the drive.

Like I said. We fly half way around the world and return for less than that whopping 6 hour flight! I have a longer flight than that just to get to JFK from home! Our r/t airfare is less than that 6 hour charter. I guess people will charge what they can get but its still a ridiculous price. I hope you can fill the spot, but it wont be me.

The Flight from Lusaka to Lake Tanganyika is around 3 Hours one way, so a round trip flight of 6 hours for the plane. Driving is a option, just not recommended, add a few days either way to the whole trip to allow for the drive.
Ernest I understand this charter is shared by the hunters, but for interests sake, have you looked at the option of the scheduled flight from Lusaka to Kasama and then drive in from there? Its only 320km from there to the entrance to Tondwa but still a bad road for about 120km of that though.

I do a return trip to Lake Tanganyika every month, its a long drive!! Definitely not recommended for someone visiting.

Hi Pete, thanks for the heads up, I will definitely look into it with Johnny. Ultimately the Clients need to decide. We also stop over at Bangwelo en route for the Black Lechwe.

Hi Pete, thanks for the heads up, I will definitely look into it with Johnny. Ultimately the Clients need to decide. We also stop over at Bangwelo en route for the Black Lechwe.
Ah, forgot about that...o_O I dont think there is a flight anywhere into Bangweulu!
Give me a shout if you are up there, my place is about 40mins away from Tondwa on the Lake shore.

How far are you from Craig, Ndole bay
Closest neighbour we have for 100km!! ha ha
he is about 2km away by water.
I'm leaving on Saturday for a couple of weeks at the Lake.
Have you been up there to stay with Craig?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kakuli375

Latest profile posts

Woods wrote on Hunter-Habib's profile.
Forgive me if this is the incorrect area, I signed up to this forum just now because I wanted to be on the list to purchase a copy of your autobiography. Please feel free to pass my information along to whomever is selling. Thank you so much. I look forward to it!
I like the Tillie in my picture. They are supposed to fit loose (2 fingers inside hat band), have mesh for cooling, and hold their shape after washing.
SSG Joe wrote on piratensafaris's profile.
From one newbie to another, Welcome aboard!
BLAAUWKRANTZ safaris wrote on Greylin's profile.
We have just completed a group hunt with guys from North Carolina, please feel free to contact the organizers of the group, Auburn at auburn@opextechnologies.com or Courtney at courtney@opextechnologies.com Please visit our website www.blaauwkrantz.com and email me at zanidixie@gmail.com
Zani
FDP wrote on gearguywb's profile.
Good morning. I'll take all of them actually. Whats the next step? Thanks, Derek