Show your work horses and bubba rifles

1907 Erfurt 98 Mauser
Original stock
.458 win mag Shaw 24” 1:14 barrel

IMG_2956.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Steel case wolf or tula will put 5 under 3/4" at 100 yards, shoots so good I've barely reloaded for it and I've got a few hundred lapua cases to try out along with the nice ppu brass I've shot up.
@mauserhunter
That ppu brass won't be much good if'n y'all shot it up. Better go with the lapua.
HA HA HA HA HA HA
Bob

Well, general consensus in my local reloader community is that PPU is one of top brass products.
(most of other casing brands are also available, and compared)
Serbia does not import copper, they have their national production and copper mines. And their cases are estimated as good quality. This is for reloading for hunting and recreational purposes.

That being said, match performance is done with lapua casings or some other brands,

Well, general consensus in my local reloader community is that PPU is one of top brass products.
(most of other casing brands are also available, and compared)
Serbia does not import copper, they have their national production and copper mines. And their cases are estimated as good quality. This is for reloading for hunting and recreational purposes.

That being said, match performance is done with lapua casings or some other brands,
I haven't used ppu brass in any American cartridges so I can't say for sure there quality, I've heard some reloaders complain like with 270 win or 7-08 brass. All the brass or ammo using ppu brass and others ppu makes and rebrands like belom has been great especially for the money.

The closest thing to a Bubba rifle I have is this. What makes it "Bubba"? If we are to believe etymologists, the word is an alteration of "brother".... in this case, this rifle is like the little brother who doesn't want to be left behind and insists on coming along:

IMG_4408.jpg

6622724d-6d3b-466d-ba20-fdee72d815b5.JPG

1917 Winchester 375 H&H
Pre64 Winchester 30-06 Supergrade
Pre64 Winchester 257 Roberts

FB_IMG_1654349635281.jpg

Hands down favorite high altitude workhorse past few years. Lane Precision 6.5 SAUM built on Mack Bros. Evo Ti action.

It has 8-9 NULA/ULA/CLRs, few Fieldcrafts and higher end custom ultralite rifles sitting sadly in the dark.

IMG_1641.jpeg
IMG_0001.jpeg
IMG_9802.jpeg
IMG_0560.jpeg
IMG_4502.jpeg
IMG_3373.jpeg
IMG_3456.jpeg

For moose and bear, my trusty old Remington custom shop,Alaskan in 338 WM has taken a ton of abuse and animals over the years. This bear hunt was first time out after having the stock repaired and barreled action recoated. The old Teflon didnt hold up well against shale mountains, heck even alders Would scrape it off.

IMG_8965.jpeg
IMG_9014.jpeg
IMG_8972.jpeg

Not a beater, but it is my workhorse. This is usually the first rifle l grab when heading out bush...

It's a Zastava in 425 Express.
It's has a bedded weather resistant synthetic stock and has been cerakoted.
Up top it's fitted with steel Warne bases and rings and has a Leupold VX-II 1-4 scope.
In this configuration it weighs around 8.5lbs.
It shoots a 400gn DGX at 2300fps or a 360gn copper HP at 2500fps.
It was built by NT Firearms Gove and it feeds, functions and ejects flawlessly.
If l know the weather is going to be bad and the conditions harsh, this is the rifle l grab...

Russ

F5MN1Af.jpg

One of my favorite workhorse rifles is an all original 1956 Winchester Pre 64 M70 Featherweight 30-06 with a fixed 4X Bushnell Scope Chief and a first year Remington 1962 M700 ADL 7mm Rem Mag with fixed 4X Weaver K4.

IMG_0652.jpeg
IMG_0953.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cakhiatvoutdoorinquirer

Latest profile posts

We bagged a big old buff with hunter from Norway check out our post!!

I live in Tyler Texas. I like Ruger single action revolvers Ruger rifles, and Marlin and Winchester lever guns.
SETH RINGER wrote on tracker12's profile.
PARTITIONS
SEND ME PAYMENT INFO, PLEASE AND THANKS.
Khalanyoni Game Ranch wrote on Joshlee0518's profile.
Hi Joshlee0518 (please let me know if you are fine being addressed like that),

Thought I would drop you a PM. It is super exciting to plan a hunt and we are more than happy to assist you. Have you given any thought yet to which species you would like to take?

What do you hunt usually and which weapons/calibers are you using?

Look forward to swapping experiences and ideas.

Happy hunting - Daniel
Our trophy shed is filling up and we are only getting started,