Hunting reports
Africa
Mex/S.Amer
Europe
Member of
DSC Life Member, International Member PHASA
Hunted
Several of the lower 48, Alaska, South Africa, Ireland, Argentina, Peru
There have been a few threads recently related to Day/Night vision and thermal optics..

I try to make it a practice that when a company truly impresses me with customer service or product quality to note it, and then share that information with others.

Its pretty common for people to go online and bash companies when they are dissatisfied with negative google reviews, negative yelp reviews, etc.. but not nearly as common I think for people to let others know when companies respond positively with customer service issues..

So... Ive owned a Sightmark Wraith HD Day/NV optic for a few years.. Its literally right at the ragged edge of its warranty (3 years).. the warranty will expire in less than a month..

Its recently developed a problem.. thats frankly not uncommon with many electronic devices.. the mini USB port where you plug in external power sources became loose and would no longer accept an external battery for providing power to the scope.. (i cant tell you how many other devices I have owned where the plug in ports become faulty over time.. Im not particularly easy on any equipment, whether we're talking about a cell phone, digital camera, electronic optic, or a tent peg.. rest assured I will find a way to screw it up and do injury to it..)..

I suspect the problem occurred with the Wraith because I have had it mounted to a 458 SOCOM AR (roughly trapdoor 45-70 recoil) and have put numerous rounds down range using the Wraith on that rifle.. (I havent exactly been kind to the optic).. Its gotten the crap beaten out of it on that rifle..

I contacted Sightmark and asked how to send the optic in for repairs.. that was less than 2 weeks ago.. the customer service rep was exceptionally friendly and helpful, and advised to box the scope up and ship it to them, and they'd take a look at it.. he also confirmed the scope was still under warranty..

Tracking on the box I sent showed that they didnt receive the optic until about a week ago (postal service sucks around here Im afraid).

Today (fairly rapid turn around I think!) I received notice from Sightmark that rather than repairing the scope, they were simply replacing it with a new one and would be shipping shortly...

I'll be a little nicer to the new one (I think I'll mount it to a 350 Legend AR that Ive been using recently for hogs).. and hopefully never need to call Sightmark again...

But wanted to share that the one and only time I have ever had to contact sightmark about an issue (one I very likely caused.. Im not sure the scope is even rated for 458 SOCOM?).. I think they handled it as professionally, courteously, and as quickly as anyone could ever ask for..

I'll definitely be buying their products again in the future..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Swamptrudger

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

We bagged a big old buff with hunter from Norway check out our post!!

I live in Tyler Texas. I like Ruger single action revolvers Ruger rifles, and Marlin and Winchester lever guns.
SETH RINGER wrote on tracker12's profile.
PARTITIONS
SEND ME PAYMENT INFO, PLEASE AND THANKS.
Khalanyoni Game Ranch wrote on Joshlee0518's profile.
Hi Joshlee0518 (please let me know if you are fine being addressed like that),

Thought I would drop you a PM. It is super exciting to plan a hunt and we are more than happy to assist you. Have you given any thought yet to which species you would like to take?

What do you hunt usually and which weapons/calibers are you using?

Look forward to swapping experiences and ideas.

Happy hunting - Daniel
Our trophy shed is filling up and we are only getting started,