Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Benefactor-Life NRA, Life SCI, Life DSC
Hunted
USA, RSA, Zambia
I have contacted, RST and they will not be making any, anytime soon: 12g, Paper Hull, Fiber Wad shells. Most likely next year. Does any know another manufacturer that still makes Paper/Fiber shot shell for hunting and not clays? with availability?

I have contacted, RST and they will not be making any, anytime soon: 12g, Paper Hull, Fiber Wad shells. Most likely next year. Does any know another manufacturer that still makes Paper/Fiber shot shell for hunting and not clays? with availability?

Hull makes paper cased fiber wad cartridges.

Hull makes paper cased fiber wad cartridges.
He means available in the US.

@wesheltonj - only thing I saw was Peters Premier Blue (loaded by Remington) but all of them were for target use.

I see Federal, Peters (Remington) and Fiocchi, but all for target. Not sure if Hull is available in the USA. Nothing for Hunting.

Kent Gamebore offered 12ga paper hull/fibre wad cartridges at one time. Unsure if they're still a catalogued item and, if they are, current US availability.

Woodcock Hill (570-864-3242) would be one source to contact in regards to the shells you're after. Not sure if they survived the pandemic but worth a try.

Hi. Thanks for the information. I’ve been searching for alternatives as well. Did they mention If they intend to have any of the plastic hull/wad shells available anytime soon? Looking for the 2 1/2” 12 ga.

8D4E72F1-89A3-4090-A671-9E63CEEC3A67.jpeg

Sellier & Bellot still does.

I have a very nostalgic memory with these shotgun shells. During my childhood, my father would exclusively use Sellier & Bellot 36 gram Red & Black paper cased #6s for hunting golden snipe with his Belgium made Raick Freres 12 gauge (2 3/4”) boxlock ejector side by side shotgun (with a fully choked left barrel and a chokeless right barrel). The first game that I ever hunted in my life, was in 1960. It was 26 golden snipe, all taken with father’s shotgun and those Czech #6s. Today, my father (still the finest snipe shooter I’ve ever seen even at the age of 91, God Bless) prefers German Rottweil shells. And I managed to “modernize” him by getting him to like plastic shells. But for roughly 40 years, those Sellier & Bellot Red & Black #6s were his absolute favorite.

Unfortunately, Sellier & Bellot only offers their current 12 gauge paper cased shells in 32 gram loadings currently (their Red Partridge line).

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-08-31 at 5.46.31 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-08-31 at 5.46.31 PM.png
    1 MB · Views: 32
  • Screen Shot 2022-08-31 at 5.46.32 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-08-31 at 5.46.32 PM.png
    552 KB · Views: 30
  • Screen Shot 2022-08-31 at 5.46.33 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-08-31 at 5.46.33 PM.png
    1 MB · Views: 32
Last edited:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-08-31 at 5.50.05 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-08-31 at 5.50.05 PM.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 29
  • Screen Shot 2022-08-31 at 5.50.07 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-08-31 at 5.50.07 PM.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 29
I reload Fedral Papers in 12 gauge. For 16 and 20 gauge, I reload RST hulls. Fiber wads available from Circle Fly and Precision Reloading.

What are you hunting? Lots of target loads are great for doves or quail.

I was able to buy some Magtech brass 12 ga shells (hulls) and load them for my old William Evans and Baker Batavia Leader doubles. They are 2 7/16 inches long....a bit under 2 1/2", and of course don't unfurl or lengthen upon firing. You might find some on GB. I haven't shot any 2.5" target loads, but RL is right about their effectiveness.............for example, a Win AA heavy trap 7 1/2 is a real killer on upland game...............................good luck......................FWB

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MableWatso

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

ghay wrote on gearguywb's profile.
Is this rifle sold? If not what is the weight of it and do you know if there is enough difference in diameter between the 35W and the 9.3 to allow for a rebore to a 9.3x62 which is what I am after?
Thanks,
Gary (Just down the road in Springfield)
Woods wrote on Hunter-Habib's profile.
Forgive me if this is the incorrect area, I signed up to this forum just now because I wanted to be on the list to purchase a copy of your autobiography. Please feel free to pass my information along to whomever is selling. Thank you so much. I look forward to it!
I like the Tillie in my picture. They are supposed to fit loose (2 fingers inside hat band), have mesh for cooling, and hold their shape after washing.
SSG Joe wrote on piratensafaris's profile.
From one newbie to another, Welcome aboard!
BLAAUWKRANTZ safaris wrote on Greylin's profile.
We have just completed a group hunt with guys from North Carolina, please feel free to contact the organizers of the group, Auburn at auburn@opextechnologies.com or Courtney at courtney@opextechnologies.com Please visit our website www.blaauwkrantz.com and email me at zanidixie@gmail.com
Zani