SHOTGUN: o/u or pump?

Those wondering about the popularity of the 16 gauge popularity in the US should check out the website SixteenGaugeSociety.Com It will show that the 16 is not only surviving but thriving.
Thank you so much for the suggestion , sir. I have just taken a quick glance at it. The 16 bore is a beautiful calibre for upland bird hunting . It appears to be enjoying a renaissance in America in recent years.

Major Khan,
The hammer single break pictured is a Hopkins & Allen. Not particularly expensive when made back around 1900 +/-. Mostly a utility gun I think for the average farmer or rural family in the US. I found this gun abandoned and leaning against a cottonwood stump in a slough area behind our farm when I was 9 years old. It was a little rusty but functional after a good cleaning. I learned shotgun wing shooting with it. :)

Pic is receiver and barrel of this 16 ga

H&A 16 ga.png
H&A 16 ga barrel .JPG

Last edited:
Since you started this thread eight and a half years ago and you probably now live in Tibet, I can only say I’ve never experienced any jams or stoppages with my two Remington 1100s (12&20ga), Remington 11-87 (12ga) and newest Remington V3 (12ga). ALL semi autos priced for a working man’s budget. But, even the attached article surprised me! They might even let you own one in Tibet?
As a side note, my father in law has a Benelli Super Black Eagle that he bought new for $1800 us, and he has had a couple jamming problems with it.

C3BF3EC2-E63A-4F5C-8D9B-E0F008026AF1.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jakester1

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

FDP wrote on gearguywb's profile.
Good morning. I'll take all of them actually. Whats the next step? Thanks, Derek
Have a look af our latest post on the biggest roan i ever guided on!

I realize how hard the bug has bit. I’m on the cusp of safari #2 and I’m looking to plan #3 with my 11 year old a year from now while looking at my work schedule for overtime and computing the math of how many shifts are needed….
Safari Dave wrote on Kevin Peacocke's profile.
I'd like to get some too.

My wife (a biologist, like me) had to have a melanoma removed from her arm last fall.
Grat wrote on HUNTROMANIA's profile.
Hallo Marius- do you have possibilities for stags in September during the roar? Where are your hunting areas in Romania?