Rafiki

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
Tanzania
Are there trustworthy companies that can ship firearms between the US and Africa (RSA?). I had read an article in the SCI magazine about this, I think it was by Boddington, unfortunately that is long gone now.

If at all possible at times it may be advantageous to ship. For instance, if you happen to be on business trip in Europe and would like to arrange a safari from there and have your firearm waiting in country. Conversely, and probably the more usual case, when arranging an after hunt photo safari shipping back to the states would solve issues when visiting other countries. Actually using such a service just to avoid the usual headaches of traveling with guns may be a better way to go regardless of pre /post travel plans.

Shipping companies (FedEx, DHL, etc) do have a presence in Africa but they probably wouldn't prepare the necessary paperwork involved with firearms, and some probably wouldn't ship a firearm at all. So does anyone have knowledge of the feasibility of shipping firearms between the US and African countries.

Don’t know of shipping however if you stay with Afton Safari Lodge I believe they will store your firearms while you photo safari then return when you hunt and vice versa

Are there trustworthy companies that can ship firearms between the US and Africa (RSA?). I had read an article in the SCI magazine about this, I think it was by Boddington, unfortunately that is long gone now.

If at all possible at times it may be advantageous to ship. For instance, if you happen to be on business trip in Europe and would like to arrange a safari from there and have your firearm waiting in country. Conversely, and probably the more usual case, when arranging an after hunt photo safari shipping back to the states would solve issues when visiting other countries. Actually using such a service just to avoid the usual headaches of traveling with guns may be a better way to go regardless of pre /post travel plans.

Shipping companies (FedEx, DHL, etc) do have a presence in Africa but they probably wouldn't prepare the necessary paperwork involved with firearms, and some probably wouldn't ship a firearm at all. So does anyone have knowledge of the feasibility of shipping firearms between the US and African countries.
Contact Anne at Air2000 Hunter support to discuss

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AundreaHal

Latest profile posts

IHC-KB5 wrote on Huvius's profile.
Thanks for catching the Flanged brass - much appreciated!
new updates !

SETH RINGER wrote on RR 314's profile.
HOW MUCH ARE THEY?? PLAIN? CAMO? THX, SETH
USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.