Saw an interesting gun on Yellowstone

rookhawk

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Member of
NRA Life Benefactor, Trout Unlimited, Safari Club International
I was watching season 3 reruns last night. Rip had just received the cabin as a gift, and he heard noise coming from the bunk house. He reached above the door frame and pulled out a Blaser R8 with a wood stock and iron sights. Kinda cool, never noticed it before.

Previously, I just noticed a lot of lever guns as props, mostly winchester 1892 rifles.

Anyone know any more about their prop guns? I wonder what caliber it was purported to be? Interesting the studios would have a deactivated r8.

At least one of the 30-30's is Kevin Costner's personal childhood rifle. Would not be surprised if all of them are his.

I was watching season 3 reruns last night. Rip had just received the cabin as a gift, and he heard noise coming from the bunk house. He reached above the door frame and pulled out a Blaser R8 with a wood stock and iron sights. Kinda cool, never noticed it before.

Previously, I just noticed a lot of lever guns as props, mostly winchester 1892 rifles.

Anyone know any more about their prop guns? I wonder what caliber it was purported to be? Interesting the studios would have a deactivated r8.
I remember noticing that the first time I saw that episode, and saying to my wife "Who leaves a Blaser R8 hanging on hooks above their doorway?".

I'll have a lookout for this, once we get through season 2 :)

Wait. There's people who don't write off their guns, fishing rods, etc.?
I try but I can’t convince my accountant that lobsters have to be held at gun point until the can be banded.

I remember noticing that the first time I saw that episode, and saying to my wife "Who leaves a Blaser R8 hanging on hooks above their doorway?".
My same thought! I remember that episode and thinking wait a dang minute here!

I wanna know who the hell is originally from Montana that would be caught dead with a Blaser!

My guess it’s Cole Hausers personal rifle and he used that to justify it as a write off.

Thanks for sharing that! I have yet to watch it but plan to. I will say I really liked 1883 and 1923.

The answer that made him sound legit to me: " Of course. There is always another gun." (y)(y)(y)(y)

"I remember noticing that the first time I saw that episode, and saying to my wife "Who leaves a Blaser R8 hanging on hooks above their doorway?"

That's about all they are good for

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MayJason

Latest profile posts

I realize how hard the bug has bit. I’m on the cusp of safari #2 and I’m looking to plan #3 with my 11 year old a year from now while looking at my work schedule for overtime and computing the math of how many shifts are needed….
Safari Dave wrote on Kevin Peacocke's profile.
I'd like to get some too.

My wife (a biologist, like me) had to have a melanoma removed from her arm last fall.
Grat wrote on HUNTROMANIA's profile.
Hallo Marius- do you have possibilities for stags in September during the roar? Where are your hunting areas in Romania?
ghay wrote on No Promises's profile.
I'm about ready to pull the trigger on another rifle but would love to see your rifle first, any way you could forward a pic or two?
Thanks,
Gary [redacted]
Heym Express Safari cal .416 Rigby

Finally ready for another unforgettable adventure in Namibia with Arub Safaris.

H2863-L348464314_original.jpg