Sako Deluxe Finnbear L61R, Pre-Garcia, Bofors Steel, Excellent

dogcat1

AH veteran
Reaction score
Member of
DSC, NRA, WSF, B&C
Hunted
Ethiopia, South Africa, Namibia, Cameroon, CAR, Tanzania, Zambia, Uganda, Zimbabwe,
Sako Deluxe Finnbear in 7mm Rem Mag
This is an excellent condition, early model Sako, a deluxe model in the Sako Finnbear L61R action. It is “pre-Garcia” and stamped “Bofors Steel”. LOP is 13 ¾”, barrel has the hooded front sight and is 24”. The finish is nearly perfect, bluing is excellent and is the deep Sako bluing from yesteryear. The recoil pad is original but is starting to crush from sitting in a gun safe for many years. The SN is 36050 for those wanting to age this fun.
The stock is commensurate with a Deluxe model being somewhat blonde and showing some fiddleback figure to the wood. The checkering is very good. The floor plate shows the stylized antelope engraving and the grip cap is a bear.

Overall, this is a collector’s grade gun but Sako’s are made for shooting. So…go shoot it.

Price is $2250 shipped to your FFL

No sales to CA, AK or HI. Or anywhere requiring extra paperwork.

Your FFL must accept sales from an individual.

Will ship via USPS.

Personal check is fine.

Thanks.

4HZJ3Du.jpg
53QpTfP.jpg
62jG331.jpg
fxDc0XF.jpg
G9ruv3I.jpg
hwdFEZk.jpg
i1IbCR6.jpg
IGWpjpg.jpg
jLqRUBG.jpg
KewM9Ej.jpg
ooZzIX4.jpg
pgpqGbx.jpg
QBA2DGP.jpg
s8sDN8V.jpg
ulcKm92.jpg
XkuuFf4.jpg
YHS7bdQ.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Very nice rifle,
I have one in similar condition in 30-06. Very accurate.
For anyone interested you can get on the sako collectors forum and they have a link you can get the original sako records for the rifle for about $20. I have scans of the handwritten ledger.
Mine was made August 11th 1967 and sent to a shop in England. The serial is roughly 10,000 less than yours.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
afrimedia

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

FDP wrote on gearguywb's profile.
Good morning. I'll take all of them actually. Whats the next step? Thanks, Derek
Have a look af our latest post on the biggest roan i ever guided on!

I realize how hard the bug has bit. I’m on the cusp of safari #2 and I’m looking to plan #3 with my 11 year old a year from now while looking at my work schedule for overtime and computing the math of how many shifts are needed….
Safari Dave wrote on Kevin Peacocke's profile.
I'd like to get some too.

My wife (a biologist, like me) had to have a melanoma removed from her arm last fall.
Grat wrote on HUNTROMANIA's profile.
Hallo Marius- do you have possibilities for stags in September during the roar? Where are your hunting areas in Romania?