Hunting reports
Africa
Australia/NZ
Member of
SSAA, ADA, ACTA, SCI
Hunted
Australia, NZ, RSA
Hi All,

Some forward planning for the next project.

No 1 in 350 Rigby.

Barrel to be the Ruger factory 'C profile', as used for the 375 H&H.

A favour ...

Could someone who has a No 1 in 375 H&H measure the OD of the bbl at

a) the muzzle
b) the tip of the forend

TIA

Mark

Have you looked at Recknagel? They have some great sights and furniture.

Have you looked at Recknagel? They have some great sights and furniture.

Thanks Forest,

Yes, I'm familiar with the Recknagel options, may end up with their front sight, having trouble sourcing the Ruger part in a suitable ID.

I'm looking forward to being at the stage where I have some updates to share ;-).

At the moment I have cases and projs (I went to visit Bruce Bertram last week) and CH4D dies have been ordered.

Gee Mark, why a 350 Rigby? brass is going to be like hens teeth, why not a 350 Norma i know it does not have the nostalgia of the Rigby but it would be easier.
Hey Richard,

Hope the recovery is going well and you're adjusting to life without the Mustang ;-(

Nostalgia is the key word there ;-)

Uncle Bruce has brass - so no issue there.

Hey Richard,

Hope the recovery is going well and you're adjusting to life without the Mustang ;-(

Nostalgia is the key word there ;-)

Uncle Bruce has brass - so no issue there.
Thanks Mark, i am ok getting better every day, going to the range tomorrow to give my no1 303 a run. when i see a Mustang on the road i wish we still had it, 460 Hp was a thrill to drive.

Thanks Forest,

Yes, I'm familiar with the Recknagel options, may end up with their front sight, having trouble sourcing the Ruger part in a suitable ID.

I'm looking forward to being at the stage where I have some updates to share ;-).

At the moment I have cases and projs (I went to visit Bruce Bertram last week) and CH4D dies have been ordered.
!@Tintin
Be careful with Bertram brass, some people me included have had trouble with his brass.
In my case the wouldn't extract after fireforming. Rim was to small and when I got the cases out they had split longitudinally. When I rang Bruce about it all he said was measure them, which I did while we were talking. He just replied they are within spec, but compared to Winchester, Remington, Federal and Norma brass I had on hand they weren't
Bob

!@Tintin
Be careful with Bertram brass, some people me included have had trouble with his brass.
In my case the wouldn't extract after fireforming. Rim was to small and when I got the cases out they had split longitudinally. When I rang Bruce about it all he said was measure them, which I did while we were talking. He just replied they are within spec, but compared to Winchester, Remington, Federal and Norma brass I had on hand they weren't
Bob
I purchased 300 Bertram 250 grain bullets for my 318 WR they should be.330 inch dia they measure .328 inch, they shoot ok but i have to remove the expander button form the sizer die & crimp them to stop them getting pushed back in to the case on recoil . the Woodleighs measure right on .330 & are tight in the case. i also purchased some Bertram 8 mm 180 grain they measure right on size. their quality control appears to be not too good.

@Forrest Halley
Dang son those dimensions is gonna make for a heavy 35 cal barrel, the usual is about .650 muzzle for a medium 35 cal barrel.
Bob
Thanks Bob - yep I‘ve come to the same conclusion - measured a whole of barrels and am thinking around that .650 is where I’ll be.

My experience with BB brass and projs has been good to date.

Thanks Mark, i am ok getting better every day, going to the range tomorrow to give my no1 303 a run. when i see a Mustang on the road i wish we still had it, 460 Hp was a thrill to drive.
Great to hear you are on the mend

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyzhPRBep

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I live in Tyler Texas. I like Ruger single action revolvers Ruger rifles, and Marlin and Winchester lever guns.
SETH RINGER wrote on tracker12's profile.
PARTITIONS
SEND ME PAYMENT INFO, PLEASE AND THANKS.
Khalanyoni Game Ranch wrote on Joshlee0518's profile.
Hi Joshlee0518 (please let me know if you are fine being addressed like that),

Thought I would drop you a PM. It is super exciting to plan a hunt and we are more than happy to assist you. Have you given any thought yet to which species you would like to take?

What do you hunt usually and which weapons/calibers are you using?

Look forward to swapping experiences and ideas.

Happy hunting - Daniel
Our trophy shed is filling up and we are only getting started,

cwpayton wrote on CM McKenzie's profile.
Sir ,is that picture of you packing the shoshone river trail thru buffalo pass? Im trying to get a plan togather for a ride. do you pack professionally or for pleasure. thanks
Cal {cwpayton}