Ruger M77 MKII 6mm Rem

I really hate seeing this kind of thing.

The other sad part about this is that the scammer will just change his IP address and screen name and COULD be back on here tomorrow. And I'm sure he's scamming others on different forums right now.

The other sad part about this is that the scammer will just change his IP address and screen name and COULD be back on here tomorrow. And I'm sure he's scamming others on different forums right now.
Yes sir! You are very correct; I belong to another forum (barely), and it is littered with scammers and other creatures.

I didn't know a bank would cash them? I thought one had to go to a post office to cash them to make sure they weren't counterfeit? Good to know.
Smaller banks often dont have the cash on hand, or thats what they told me, so off to the bank, never an issue.

Even Larger ones! I was told once as I went down to make a withdrawal to come back in 3 days, I asked why? Was told not enough money, I about fell over as I was just going to purchase a motorcycle, this was a Credit Union in Los Angeles, Ca.

Smaller banks often dont have the cash on hand, or thats what they told me, so off to the bank, never an issue.
I meant to say smaller PO's dont have the cash on hand. LOL

Sir, everything you stated has NOTHING to do with scamming, just personal comfort to YOU! You are spreading propaganda!
Yet, here we are, talking about a man who got scammed using a USPS money order...coincidence? Nah.

Cashiers checks are currently the most often counterfeited instruments.

I had read somewhere that using a USPS money order gave you some protection as it rolled over into mail fraud if the person was a scammer. I have used PO money orders in the past for this reason...I guess this may no longer be the case???

I had read somewhere that using a USPS money order gave you some protection as it rolled over into mail fraud if the person was a scammer. I have used PO money orders in the past for this reason...I guess this may no longer be the case???
I think it has a lot to do with how efficient and dedicated your postmaster and local investigators are. Once they get it cashed it's a lot harder to get back than if you realize early and get it intercepted.
Most farcebook scams are 3rd party. They befriend a pigeon to be their intermediary, who immediately wires it to them in (you guessed) Nigeria. (Or wherever).
Those usually start with "I'm selling this for a friend/widow" to explain why you need to send the money to the other person.

Sorry to see this. Wish I could say it never happened to me but lost a grand on a deal a while back on another forum.

The guy actually communicated really well for a while but I should have called before I sent money. A solid phone call prior to purchase would have prevented a lot of frustration.

I didn't know a bank would cash them? I thought one had to go to a post office to cash them to make sure they weren't counterfeit? Good to know.
The post office closest to me WON'T cash a USPS money order. I've always found that odd. I quit using USPS money orders years ago. If someone won't take my personal check, I move on.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HarrisonDu

Latest profile posts

sierraone wrote on AZDAVE's profile.
Dave if you copy this, call me I can't find your number.

David Hodo
Sierraone
We fitted a new backup generator for the Wildgoose lodge!
one of our hunters had to move his hunt to next year we have an opening first week of September, shoot me a message!
swashington wrote on 112Savage's profile.
May be interested in that LH Ruger in 375R. got any pics?
We bagged a big old buff with hunter from Norway check out our post!!