IMG_4884.jpeg
IMG_4885.jpeg
IMG_4886.jpeg
IMG_4887.jpeg
IMG_4888.jpeg
IMG_4889.jpeg
IMG_4890.jpeg
IMG_4891.jpeg

I have Alaskan model Ruger in 375R in a lefty.
Fantastic rifle! Good for most anything on the planet, IF you do your part...
GLWS....

I’m seeing this all over the forums. Market is in the absolute trash. Can’t hardly give guns away even at great prices.
I don't know about that... I just spoke with a friend who is in the auction business and he claims guns are hot property! Granted he doesn't typically see large caliber Dangerous Game rifles, double rifles, or highly bespoke guns. But he does get some nice mid caliber rifles, collectable stuff, nice shotguns and pistols. He did say the common black rifles are a dime a dozen.

He made the statement that metals are always in demand when the economy goes backwards. Silver, Gold, copper, brass, lead, and blued steel;)

Is this rifle new?

Are you the original owner?

Thanks

I am not the original owner. As far as I know, the rifle is unfired. I wouldn’t say new due to the pad discoloration, but it still has the hang tag advertisement on the trigger guard.

I’m seeing this all over the forums. Market is in the absolute trash. Can’t hardly give guns away even at great prices.
I wish someone told the sellers Ive been buying from about this "crash" cause I aint seeing it nor has my wallet.

I don't know about that... I just spoke with a friend who is in the auction business and he claims guns are hot property! Granted he doesn't typically see large caliber Dangerous Game rifles, double rifles, or highly bespoke guns. But he does get some nice mid caliber rifles, collectable stuff, nice shotguns and pistols. He did say the common black rifles are a dime a dozen.

He made the statement that metals are always in demand when the economy goes backwards. Silver, Gold, copper, brass, lead, and blued steel;)
Interesting uou bring up auction. In person auctions are high. I have a theory. It seems to be old guys who don’t do online anything. They are seeing guns they are not used to seeing coming out of collections of other old guys who died. Gunbroker and many state forums I’m on are not selling. Gbroker prices are down 30% from earlier this year on all but few niche items. Also a lot or wealth that doesn’t care but overall things are down 30% in price and way way more in overall demand

If only this was in the UK- I have really been looking for one. The Ruger agent here said they don’t bring the larger calibres in.

The box of the ammo alone is over $100.
Nice rifle indeed.
It cost is about 6 weeks of groceries in current crazy days. Your kids and grandkids will continue carrying it if you decided to buy it.
If only it was 357 h and h!!!

The box of the ammo alone is over $100.
Nice rifle indeed.
It cost is about 6 weeks of groceries in current crazy days. Your kids and grandkids will continue carrying it if you decided to buy it.
If only it was 357 h and h!!!
If it was a 375 H&H I really doubt it would be less than double the price;) That would require it be built on a Magnum Action instead of the 30-06 sized action.

The 375 Ruger vs H&H debate has been going on since the Ruger came out. Similar to the 6.5 Creedmoor vs Swede. These new calibers DO serve a major purpose. They facilitate more compact rifles with smaller/shorter actions that are not only handier and fast handling, but much lower cost to build. Especially in the case of the 375 and 416 Rugers.

Just not at all the same rifle as an H&H much less the 416 compared to the Rigby, or even Rem Mag.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LincolnSqu

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

We bagged a big old buff with hunter from Norway check out our post!!

I live in Tyler Texas. I like Ruger single action revolvers Ruger rifles, and Marlin and Winchester lever guns.
SETH RINGER wrote on tracker12's profile.
PARTITIONS
SEND ME PAYMENT INFO, PLEASE AND THANKS.
Khalanyoni Game Ranch wrote on Joshlee0518's profile.
Hi Joshlee0518 (please let me know if you are fine being addressed like that),

Thought I would drop you a PM. It is super exciting to plan a hunt and we are more than happy to assist you. Have you given any thought yet to which species you would like to take?

What do you hunt usually and which weapons/calibers are you using?

Look forward to swapping experiences and ideas.

Happy hunting - Daniel
Our trophy shed is filling up and we are only getting started,