ROMANIA: Redstag Hunt With HUNTROMANIA! Marius!

Dutchtrapper

Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Europe
For a little as a week back i started to travel to Romania by car, it's a 2 day journey for me, one sleepo in Austria.
I departed on thursday and arrived friday, i was on time there, and Marius asked if i wanted to go out in the evening, off course yes.
The guide, Cosmin picked me up with his son, at 17:00 Romania time.
we drove for about 45 minutes to the area, where i shot last year a red stag.
i went with Cosmin to a highseat, and Cosmin his son went to a different highseat.
Soon after we take place we saw a young red stag, far away with one female.
it became dark very fast, the temperature was still high dor September.
Cosmin decided to do some redstag calling, and we soon got response from 4 redstag deer, 2 close by, but in the forest.
We decided to stay at the high seat, but as it became darker, Cosmin told me to let everything at the high seat, except my rifle and shoo stick.
We went to a place where he expected the redstag who was responding to come in the open.
the females were already there, and a few seconds later the stag showed up.
I looked to Cosmin, he give me the ok to shoot sign, as soon the stag was in a good position to shoot, i fired, he walked away and i good hit him again, he dropped.
We waited a few minutes and walked to the stag, pff, 9 points on 1 side and 8 on the other side, a very nice redstag.

IMG-2106.jpg

Soon the stag was loaded, and we went back to the hotel.

IMG-2135.jpg

In the evening, Marius arrived with 2 hunters from Michigan, the next morning, we would go out all 3 of us with different guides and areas.
The next morning we saw 2 Red Stag while stalking, but no chance on a shot.

In the evening, we went to a different area, more flat, some swamps and cornfields.
I did not expect much, sitting at a corn field, when we arrived, the wild boars were already active.
Soon I saw a red tag, but far away. And then the action started, from the right a smaller stag was with one female, starting to chase another small stag.
Around us female deers keep popping up, sometimes the younger stags, and a spike came close by.
The bigger stag, who was far away came closer with his females, but dissap in a swamp, and it was already getting dark.
Just before it was very dark, he showed up, i could shoot, it run stand shoot again, it was walking in the corn, but it was already dark.
We picked up the car, and went looking for the deer, after a while we found it, pff what a deer, he was pretty big, i could not believe it.
I was happy we found it.
it was loading the pickup and we went back.

IMG-2191.jpg

That evening Hookboy88 and WAB arrived, they would go out in the morning, but me no, I could sleep.
It was very nice to meet Hookboy88, WAB, and the 2 other hunters from this forum.
They all got their deers!
And I want to thank Marius, Cosmin, and Razvan for this great trip and result!
Till next year!

Last edited by a moderator:
Great to meet you as well sir! Crazy to see so many quality stags harvested on one hunt!

Great hunt, congrats !

Congratulations and thanks for the hunt report.

Congratulations on two very fine red stags. They are for sure on my bucket list. I am getting a good feel about Marius at Huntromania from all of the great reports. Seems like a top notch outfit. Thanks for sharing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
QIFFletche

Latest profile posts

SETH RINGER wrote on tracker12's profile.
PARTITIONS
SEND ME PAYMENT INFO, PLEASE AND THANKS.
Khalanyoni Game Ranch wrote on Joshlee0518's profile.
Hi Joshlee0518 (please let me know if you are fine being addressed like that),

Thought I would drop you a PM. It is super exciting to plan a hunt and we are more than happy to assist you. Have you given any thought yet to which species you would like to take?

What do you hunt usually and which weapons/calibers are you using?

Look forward to swapping experiences and ideas.

Happy hunting - Daniel
Our trophy shed is filling up and we are only getting started,

cwpayton wrote on CM McKenzie's profile.
Sir ,is that picture of you packing the shoshone river trail thru buffalo pass? Im trying to get a plan togather for a ride. do you pack professionally or for pleasure. thanks
Cal {cwpayton}
ghay wrote on gearguywb's profile.
Is this rifle sold? If not what is the weight of it and do you know if there is enough difference in diameter between the 35W and the 9.3 to allow for a rebore to a 9.3x62 which is what I am after?
Thanks,
Gary (Just down the road in Springfield)