Rimmed (only) Cartridges

.22 rim fire
.470 N

Don’t have any of these but I’d love: .45-75 and .50-95. And a .40-60. But I’d love to do a brown bear with the .45-75.

Have a .25-20, love that cartridge.

I need some help finding 9.3x74R brass and dies, seems everyone is sold out.

I see we are listing what we have

22lr
22 Hornet
30-30 win
8.15x46R
8x56R
9.3x74R
45-70
so far, also have hand gun cartridges and others. I really don't have a favorite.

I would have to say the .22 rimfire, 303, then 22 Hornet and 30-30.

22 because it is cheap and heaps of fun.
303 because it just works and grew up with them same with the 22 Hornet
30-30, it worked well above its weight and was the first center fire I bought.

I have a question for the group, I just got a 9.3x74R Drilling, from what I understand, Drillings need a lower pressure, or is it OK to run standard loads in it? I'm getting some mixed signals on the subject. From what I can tell, it was made in the 1920's and proofed for this Caliber, but no bullet or load data on the barrel that I can find.

I have a question for the group, I just got a 9.3x74R Drilling, from what I understand, Drillings need a lower pressure, or is it OK to run standard loads in it? I'm getting some mixed signals on the subject. From what I can tell, it was made in the 1920's and proofed for this Caliber, but no bullet or load data on the barrel that I can find.
As I understand it you use more powder due to the larger case to attain 9.3X62 velocities. So the pressure would be lower. Having said that I do not know what it is safely capable of in a modern rifle like a Ruger No1.

As I understand it you use more powder due to the larger case to attain 9.3X62 velocities. So the pressure would be lower. Having said that I do not know what it is safely capable of in a modern rifle like a Ruger No1.
Some say 2300fps, some are 2500 fps and others are even higher, for the 296gr bullet. I know the drilling isn't as strong as a NO.1, it's hard to blow up a NO.1. Looking at the load data and my power supply, W760 gives the lowest pressure with the greatest speed. I'm just curious is the reloading data is for drilling pressure? As far as.i know, it was only loaded in break action and a few falling blocks.

Some say 2300fps, some are 2500 fps and others are even higher, for the 296gr bullet. I know the drilling isn't as strong as a NO.1, it's hard to blow up a NO.1. Looking at the load data and my power supply, W760 gives the lowest pressure with the greatest speed. I'm just curious is the reloading data is for drilling pressure? As far as.i know, it was only loaded in break action and a few falling blocks.

I know the confusion and I don't know much about the round. I do believe it was made for doubles and drillings so think it was to emulate the 9.3X62 in weaker actions. I'll have to see if I can find my Cartridges of the World and see what it says. Hopefully somebody with some knowledge of it will jump in.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
XUPMike695

Latest profile posts

We bagged a big old buff with hunter from Norway check out our post!!

I live in Tyler Texas. I like Ruger single action revolvers Ruger rifles, and Marlin and Winchester lever guns.
SETH RINGER wrote on tracker12's profile.
PARTITIONS
SEND ME PAYMENT INFO, PLEASE AND THANKS.
Khalanyoni Game Ranch wrote on Joshlee0518's profile.
Hi Joshlee0518 (please let me know if you are fine being addressed like that),

Thought I would drop you a PM. It is super exciting to plan a hunt and we are more than happy to assist you. Have you given any thought yet to which species you would like to take?

What do you hunt usually and which weapons/calibers are you using?

Look forward to swapping experiences and ideas.

Happy hunting - Daniel
Our trophy shed is filling up and we are only getting started,