Rigby Rifles At Work Outside Of Africa

SFRanger7GP

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Wichita Falls TX or Colombia (It's Not Columbia!)
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Life Member NRA and DSC, SCI, IOSH
Hunted
USA, South Africa, Namibia, Argentina, Bolivia, Panama, Italy, England, Scotland
Good morning. While we were at DSC a few weeks ago chatting with the fine people at the Rigby Booth, the topic of where their rifles are used came up. Most people think Africa and big game when you think of Rigby rifles. I stated that they would be surprised how much Rigby's are used in North America, Australia and New Zealand. I shared a few pictures of our rifles being used in the US and everyone was quite interested to know how many others use their Rigby's for places other than Africa.

For that reason, I am starting this thread. Let's see Rigby's hunting in places other than Africa.

Safe hunting

Clara with West Texas 10pt.JPG
IMG_7009.JPG
IMG_7040.JPG
Mulie.jpg
pig.jpg

Good morning. While we were at DSC a few weeks ago chatting with the fine people at the Rigby Booth, the topic of where their rifles are used came up. Most people think Africa and big game when you think of Rigby rifles. I stated that they would be surprised how much Rigby's are used in North America, Australia and New Zealand. I shared a few pictures of our rifles being used in the US and everyone was quite interested to know how many others use their Rigby's for places other than Africa.

For that reason, I am starting this thread. Let's see Rigby's hunting in places other than Africa.

Safe hunting

View attachment 583840View attachment 583841View attachment 583842View attachment 583843View attachment 583844
Nice stock, imo on that one. +

Mustache or @SFRanger7GP being attacked by wasps in the blind. Verdict is still out.

sambar hinde 9.3x62 190gr ACP

fallow doe 9.3 x62

another hinde

small bull 250gr TSX

7x57 highland stalker 140gr hydro

couple of young boars

7x57 140gr PPSN

mob bomb up 9.3x62

boars 9.3

bull 9.3

scrubber 7x57 140 PPSN

I've considered buying a HS in 30/06 or 7x57. I just couldn't take the thought of getting it all banged up in a deer stand or on an ATV. Synthetic and stainless just fit the bill a little better for me for that type of hunting. So, if I do end up with a HS at some point, it will be in 9.3x62 and will be used in Africa.

Quite a few British deer stalkers use the John Rigby & Co. Highland Stalker in .275 Rigby for hunting red stag in Great Britain.

IMG_1345.jpeg
My .275 makes a superb Hill Country Stalker for whitetail.

I've considered buying a HS in 30/06 or 7x57. I just couldn't take the thought of getting it all banged up in a deer stand or on an ATV. Synthetic and stainless just fit the bill a little better for me for that type of hunting. So, if I do end up with a HS at some point, it will be in 9.3x62 and will be used in Africa.
You just need to get more better quality firearms to get past this psychological barrier. :cool:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KristoferH

Latest profile posts

We bagged a big old buff with hunter from Norway check out our post!!

I live in Tyler Texas. I like Ruger single action revolvers Ruger rifles, and Marlin and Winchester lever guns.
SETH RINGER wrote on tracker12's profile.
PARTITIONS
SEND ME PAYMENT INFO, PLEASE AND THANKS.
Khalanyoni Game Ranch wrote on Joshlee0518's profile.
Hi Joshlee0518 (please let me know if you are fine being addressed like that),

Thought I would drop you a PM. It is super exciting to plan a hunt and we are more than happy to assist you. Have you given any thought yet to which species you would like to take?

What do you hunt usually and which weapons/calibers are you using?

Look forward to swapping experiences and ideas.

Happy hunting - Daniel
Our trophy shed is filling up and we are only getting started,