Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-07-23 at 1.23.25 PM.png
    Screenshot 2023-07-23 at 1.23.25 PM.png
    356.9 KB · Views: 90
Looks like it is now being offered in 404 Jeffery.
I saw that yesterday when I was comparing the WJ Jeffery to the Rigby, Mauser and Heym...but didn't realize they weren't offering it earlier.

BTW - Do you think those are a fair comparison to WJ Jeffery or would Holland & Holland, Purdey & Sons and Boss & Co. be more appropriate?

I saw that yesterday when I was comparing the WJ Jeffery to the Rigby, Mauser and Heym...but didn't realize they weren't offering it earlier.

BTW - Do you think those are a fair comparison to WJ Jeffery or would Holland & Holland, Purdey & Sons and Boss & Co. be more appropriate?
Same here. All the Big Games I’ve seen in the states so far have been 375, 416 and 450.

As to what to compare the new Jeffery rifles to I honestly don’t know but I would assume that those names would be the more appropriate comparison. Going purely off of cost.

Maybe someone with firsthand knowledge will chime in.

Same here. All the Big Games I’ve seen in the states so far have been 375, 416 and 450.

As to what to compare the new Jeffery rifles to I honestly don’t know but I would assume that those names would be the more appropriate comparison. Going purely off of cost.

Maybe someone with firsthand knowledge will chime in.
Another to compare to the Jeffery would be the Rigby London Best. Fully bespoke bolt gun.

Another to compare to the Jeffery would be the Rigby London Best. Fully bespoke bolt gun.

Exactly. I have seen them in production. They will compare favorably to a London best.

If anyone got a quote from Jeffery .. you might reconsider Rigby: "London's Best"
If I were buying a W. J. Jeffery it would most likely be in a Jeffery caliber like 333J, 404J or 500J. By the same token a Rigby London's Best would have to be in 416RIGBY, 450RIGBY or maybe 275RIGBY.

It would have as much to do with the cartridge as the house I ordered it from. At least with these two companies.

If I were buying a W. J. Jeffery it would most likely be in a Jeffery caliber like 333J, 404J or 500J. By the same token a Rigby London's Best would have to be in 416RIGBY, 450RIGBY or maybe 275RIGBY.

It would have as much to do with the cartridge as the house I ordered it from. At least with these two companies.
Buy a Big Game with upgrades in 416 or 450 instead of a London best, less than half the cost. The only thing you don't really get with the Big Game is the custom stock fitting.
Thats the way I went, I did however special order the barreled action configuration.

Buy a Big Game with upgrades in 416 or 450 instead of a London best, less than half the cost. The only thing you don't really get with the Big Game is the custom stock fitting.
Thats the way I went, I did however special order the barreled action configuration.
From unadorned to spec'd out, those Rigby's are beautiful.
W. J.'s Grade 2 engraving, I believe.

screws.jpg

screws2.jpg

Yep 404 Jeffery and 450 Rigby in a DSB now available, they have been available to order for around 3-4 months now. I think around the same time the new boxlock double has been available to order.

But the new boxlock is not yet on their website right? I’ve been trying to find good pictures of it, but could not find anything.

We will just have to wait till @Tanks ‘ comes in

Congratulations Tanks,

Always a special thing when one travels to the UK and places the order. Super delivery time as well. I had to wait 3 1/2 years. Hope it’s everything you had dreamed of.

JP

Last edited:
Well done, vision usually pays dividends.

JP

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-08-14 at 8.15.56 AM.png
    Screenshot 2023-08-14 at 8.15.56 AM.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 40
  • Screenshot 2023-08-14 at 8.15.57 AM.png
    Screenshot 2023-08-14 at 8.15.57 AM.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 41
  • Screenshot 2023-08-14 at 8.15.59 AM.png
    Screenshot 2023-08-14 at 8.15.59 AM.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 40
  • Screenshot 2023-08-14 at 8.16.00 AM.png
    Screenshot 2023-08-14 at 8.16.00 AM.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 39
Apologies - not a great picture - but this is the prototype Boxlock Rigby had in Australia at an event a couple of months back. It felt great. AU$80k here.

oz boxlock.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drmamambatu

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Our trophy shed is filling up and we are only getting started,

cwpayton wrote on CM McKenzie's profile.
Sir ,is that picture of you packing the shoshone river trail thru buffalo pass? Im trying to get a plan togather for a ride. do you pack professionally or for pleasure. thanks
Cal {cwpayton}
ghay wrote on gearguywb's profile.
Is this rifle sold? If not what is the weight of it and do you know if there is enough difference in diameter between the 35W and the 9.3 to allow for a rebore to a 9.3x62 which is what I am after?
Thanks,
Gary (Just down the road in Springfield)
Woods wrote on Hunter-Habib's profile.
Forgive me if this is the incorrect area, I signed up to this forum just now because I wanted to be on the list to purchase a copy of your autobiography. Please feel free to pass my information along to whomever is selling. Thank you so much. I look forward to it!
I like the Tillie in my picture. They are supposed to fit loose (2 fingers inside hat band), have mesh for cooling, and hold their shape after washing.