Rhino bullets for dangerous game (375 H&H)?

mark-hunter

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Hunting club, target shooting club, national hunting and shooting organisations
Hunted
Namibia - Kalahari, Namibia - Khomas highland
I was not able to find similar thread.

So, what does community say about these bullets? Acceptable for DG?

Best DG bullet availible bar none......
Mixed bag DG use 340gr controlled expansion and 340gr solids. They have the perfect sd and you can easily load to 2350fps.....

They work they are not made for shooting competitions to make one hole but for hunting they are perfect.

They work they are not made for shooting competitions to make one hole but for hunting they are perfect.
Target and hunting bullets are never compareable.....
The new Rhinos are even better than the old ones and the QC under the new owners is perfect.....
Nothing you need to worry about out to 300m anyway.....

Not sure if they are available outside RSA ?

problem is availability in the US. I'd definitely have bought some.

And I guess with shipping etc. its not going to be cheap, probably more expensive than A Frames, and NF which is available here, but definitely worth a try. I like variety and options.
I hope some of the excellent RSA bullet makers Peregrine as well start having a presence in the largest market (I presume)

The 300Gr Rhino solid shank is excellent in every single way. Think of it as a South African copy of Jack Carter’s Trophy Bonded Bear Claw design. The monolithic solids are basically a brass copy of the old flat nosed Barnes Banded solids. Top notch.

Target and hunting bullets are never compareable.....
The new Rhinos are even better than the old ones and the QC under the new owners is perfect.....
Nothing you need to worry about out to 300m anyway.....
Agree with this. The qc is vastly improved and the new stuff is top quality.

Reactions: IvW
I will be testing the 600gr .510 bullets this season.....I am also bugging them for 420gr 404 Jeff bullets as this places them in that .33 SD bracket.....perfect for dg.....

@PeteG you should get @spike.t to test the 600gr Jeff bullets @2300fps and make us another video......

Not sure if they are available outside RSA ?
I have problem finding other bullets, such as swift a frame. There is shortage of ammo, and components in EU. Can be felt.
But rhino are available in EU, thats why I asked about them.

I was not able to find similar thread.

So, what does community say about these bullets? Acceptable for DG?
They are excellent, and can wholeheartedly recommend them. I shoot them in both my 375 and 416, in the 330gr and 430gr. Personally, I have not seen any difference in performance between them and Swift A Frame, which I use in my double.

So, for 375 caliber rhino bullets recommended weight is 330 grains (a bit over usual 300 grains)?

So, for 375 caliber rhino bullets recommended weight is 330 grains (a bit over usual 300 grains)?
Not a recommendation at all. Just mentioned what I use personally.
Not sure if I missed it in the thread. Did you say that the Rhino's are attainable for you at home?

Did you say that the Rhino's are attainable for you at home?
Yes, by internet order.
Swift a frames, cannot be found anywhere.
With swift a frames, I have about 100 rounds, more then enough for next safari, but I need to plan for the future.

Occasional training done with PPU SP, easily available.

Not aware of a 330gr Rhino solid shank.

In 375 they are availible in 235, 250, 270, 300, 340 and 380 gr in solid shank.

In brass meplat solids it is 300gr and 340gr in 375

They dropped the 350gr as the 340gr and 380gr perform so well. The 340gr solid shank and 340gr brass solid make a formidable pair for mixed bag and dg hunting. In my 500 I load the brass solid with 1 gr less powder for same velocity.....obviously you would have to work up your own loads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rusty Shakelford

Latest profile posts

Roan hunt of a life time !

IHC-KB5 wrote on Huvius's profile.
Thanks for catching the Flanged brass - much appreciated!
new updates !

SETH RINGER wrote on RR 314's profile.
HOW MUCH ARE THEY?? PLAIN? CAMO? THX, SETH
USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.