AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
RSA (Limpopo), USA , CAN
Have a 7400 from the same lot of my brother in law as my previous two sales. I was going to keep and rebore this to 35 whelen for a dedicated "hog" fun gun, but the hunt fund needs it more.
This rifle does have a crack near the tip of the forend shown in photos. I was going to swap it for a Boyd's stock, but a member here may want to just replace the forend with an original. Rifle is in nice shape but has been used and hunted with. Bluing is excellent with a couple spots if surface rust Ibtried to show in photos. Some marks on the stock as well. Currently working on getting those cleaned up. Comes with 1 original magazine and leupold standard mount w/ 1" rings. Feel free to ask any questions.

Price is $500 shipped to lower 48 from my FFL. $450 local pickup in northern IL with FOID card.

20221119_084622.jpg
20221119_084631.jpg
20221119_084642.jpg
20221119_084650.jpg
20221119_084700.jpg
20221119_084731.jpg
20221119_084810.jpg
20221119_084824.jpg
20221119_084617.jpg

I'd go 400.00 shipped..

Good gun for a fair price. If I wasn't saving for another hunt I would buy it. Its in the perfect "do everything" caliber. Good luck with the sale.

Yep…

My father in law has one in 308 that he bought in the early 80’s… it’s been his primary whitetail rifle for 40 years and is still going strong…

If I didn’t just finish building a 30-06 a couple of months ago I’d be on this like stink on a baboons butt…

That thing is classic Americana right there. I just bought a ridiculous amount of 500 Jeffrey brass so I am strapped, but if you are after any trades shoot me a PM. Powder, primers, bullets, brass, maybe a rifle or something. That's a nice one there, somebody will enjoy that. You can always pick up one of those aftermarket 10rd mags and it can pull double duty as a home defense rifle.

That thing is classic Americana right there. I just bought a ridiculous amount of 500 Jeffrey brass so I am strapped, but if you are after any trades shoot me a PM. Powder, primers, bullets, brass, maybe a rifle or something. That's a nice one there, somebody will enjoy that. You can always pick up one of those aftermarket 10rd mags and it can pull double duty as a home defense rifle.
Trade wise I'm open to pistols, rifles, or shotguns. I do like the odd stuff as well.

WOW... an over year old post...Just seeing this for the first time. Congrats to and Glad @Shootist43 bought it. Even though I have safaris coming up in 2025 I would have bought or traded for this rifle.

I have one. Good 200 yard woods gun
I have the sling swivels also. My forearm cracked many years ago. I ordered one from Remington when they where still available.
First thing they asked. You got sling swivels on it.
Seems they blamed the swivel for cracking.
Not sure if the how and why though

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ASBending

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

SSG Joe wrote on piratensafaris's profile.
From one newbie to another, Welcome aboard!
BLAAUWKRANTZ safaris wrote on Greylin's profile.
We have just completed a group hunt with guys from North Carolina, please feel free to contact the organizers of the group, Auburn at auburn@opextechnologies.com or Courtney at courtney@opextechnologies.com Please visit our website www.blaauwkrantz.com and email me at zanidixie@gmail.com
Zani
FDP wrote on gearguywb's profile.
Good morning. I'll take all of them actually. Whats the next step? Thanks, Derek
Have a look af our latest post on the biggest roan i ever guided on!

I realize how hard the bug has bit. I’m on the cusp of safari #2 and I’m looking to plan #3 with my 11 year old a year from now while looking at my work schedule for overtime and computing the math of how many shifts are needed….