Reloading data peregrine VRG3 350gr for .404 Jeffery

FlowHamed18

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Hi

Has anyone already reloaded the peregrine VRG3 350gr for the .404 Jeffery?
If so, could you please share your wisdom :)

I can't find any info on their website for the .404...

I managed to grab 75 pieces of them, seemed a good opportunity as long as Barnes is not available here in Europe...

Thanks in advance

What powder do you have for this round? I can run a quick load calculation. I'll need actual case length, COAL and barrel length, muzzle to bolt face. The program does list that bullet.

Call Peregrine, they will be happy to help. Due to the design of these bullets (drive bands) they result in less pressure and faster speeds that what is shown for most other bullets in a similar weight. You can use standard load data/ quick loads for any bullet of that weight, start low and work your way up to a good load, but the easiest thing for you to do will likely be to contact Peregrine. You should have powders similar to what they use where you are, unlike in the U.S.A. Should be a great bullet for the .404, I'm betting you will be very happy with it.

Last edited:
Call Peregrine, they will be happy to help. As @Hogpatrol states it is not listed in quickloads so that won't help much. Due to the design of these bullets (drive bands) they result in less pressure and faster speeds that what is shown for most other bullets in a similar weight. You can use standard load data/ quick loads for any bullet of that weight, start low and work your way up to a good load, but the easiest thing for you to do will likely be to contact Peregrine. You should have powders similar to what they use where you are, unlike in the U.S.A. Should've a great bullet for the .404, I'm betting you will be very happy with it.
Albert, under the bullet list for the 404 J, Quick Load lists a Peregrine 350 VRG3 along with European and U.S. domestic powders.

Albert, under the bullet list for the 404 J, Quick Load lists a Peregrine 350 VRG3 along with European and U.S. domestic powders.
My bad, read your post wrong! That's great! Must be fairly new- last 2 years or so, anyway. Last time I had someone check for .375 they didn't have anything, and we did some digging out of curiosity and couldn't find Peregrine in anything. Glad they have been added!

Thanks for your answer.

I downloaded the QuickLoad file for the bullets already and tried different powders, which are available in Europe...

Seems quite different to anything I found in the web...

I am just curious if someone already managed to find a precise load...

How did you find this? Glad to see they have expanded all their data to include more powders. I recently checked and only found the charts they have always had that only listed 2-3 powders available in RSA. This is great as I will be working with new loads for several rifles I haven't used their bullets in yet
Hi Albert, Peregrine updates the list frequently yes. It is posted on their website, there are a few links in the website. This one was if you click in the bushmaster /vrg3 bullet page, then on page it gives reload data that takes you to the sheet. You can email them as well, they will be able to help. Good luck!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BrittneyCl

Latest profile posts

Roan hunt of a life time !

IHC-KB5 wrote on Huvius's profile.
Thanks for catching the Flanged brass - much appreciated!
new updates !

SETH RINGER wrote on RR 314's profile.
HOW MUCH ARE THEY?? PLAIN? CAMO? THX, SETH
USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.