Recommendations: receiving agents in the US for trophies...

Tundra Tiger

Bronze supporter
AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
SCI, SCI Alaska
Hunted
South Africa, USA (Alaska, Kansas)
Greetings.

I asked a similar question a couple months back, but I have some new info so I decided to put it in a new post.

My trophies from June are at African Trophy Exports. I believe they handled my trophies from 2021 as well.

They are asking who I want things shipped to. Previously I used Tom Kelly/Trophy Shippers.

African Trophy Exports suggested, if I don't have anyone, that they have used Vantage Point Services out of Seattle. I have never heard of them, but that's really not saying much.

Sooo... good folks of the finest hunting site on earth...

Has anyone used Vantage Point? They are closer to me (Alaska) Are they any good? If not them, who, keeping in mind where I am at?

Thanks in advance.

Terry

Last edited:
Greetings.

I asked a similar question a couple months back, but I have some new info so I decided to put it in a new post.

My trophies from June are at African Trophy Exports. I believe they handled my trophies from 2021 as well.

They are asking who I want things shipped to. Previously I used Tom Kelly/Trophy Shippers.

African Trophy Shippers suggested, if I don't have anyone, that they have used Vantage Point Services out of Seattle. I have never heard of them, but that's really not saying much.

Sooo... good folks of the finest hunting site on earth...

Has anyone used Vantage Point? They are closer to me (Alaska) Are they any good? If not them, who, keeping in mind where I am at?

Thanks in advance.

Terry

I dont know anything about Vantage Point..

I do know that Coppersmith has an office in Seattle though.. and they have a very good reputation and are well established among many of the membership here.. They attend DSC every year as well as SCI, etc..

If youre specifically looking for someone with a Seattle office (if thats the closest you can get to AK?).. Thats probably who I'd call..

Last edited by a moderator:
I just sent emails for quotes to Coppersmith and Vantage Point. I'm not going to say I have searched this site high and low for threads about Vantage Point, but for the life of me I don't remember the name ever coming up.

Vantage Point is awesome. Don Wallace is on top of the regulations and have arranged shipping times for me so I didn’t have to pay unnecessary storage fees at airports. Highly recommended. Used them in 2022 after my Zambian hunt and using them this year after my Tanzania hunt.

I've only used Coppersmith in Atlanta, but they really seem to know what they are doing.

I’ve used Coppersmith in Seattle for the last three years doing 4 shipments for me with zero problems or excess charges. Jennifer House in the Seattle office has been great to work with, good communication

@TROPHY SHIPPERS has done a good job for me. I started with Tom Kelly. His replacement last name Schwartzentruber has been on top of it since he took over.

I typically use Coppersmith in San Francisco and they are excellent and reasonably priced. However, I have a shipment coming back from Tanzania in a month or so and since I have a leopard, I’m giving Safari Specialty Importers a try. So far, they’re very detail oriented.

I am currently working with Coppersmiths out of Portland. So far really easy to work with.

In the past I used Tom at Trophy Shippers BUT after the issues a lot of members here had when he left and a lack of response from his replacement, I decided to try Wyatt with Safari Specialty Importers. He's done my last couple shipments and will be doing a couple more that are pending. 1 dip and pack should be ready any day now.

I've had Zero issues with him so far, and he's been better than Tom with communication. I've referred multiple people to him and all have had great experiences thus far.

I’ve had a couple orders shipped straight to Anchorage then the local taxidermist Knights go clear it for me

I use Coppersmith out of Chicago. Drove up, backed up the truck, they loaded up the crate, I thanked them and headed home. So easy. Happy hunting, TheGrayRider.

I’ve had a couple orders shipped straight to Anchorage then the local taxidermist Knights go clear it for me

Who was it who shipped straight to ANC for you?

I've used Coppersmith twice now and plan to use them for the next one as well. Never had a problem with them; just always good service.

Never heard of Vantage Point, but if Scott CWO says that they're good; then they probably are. Looks like you have several viable options, which is always a good thing.

I have used Don Wallace - Vantage Point on two shipments. Last one arrived just last month.
He has his own warehouse in Seattle and will have trophies pre-approved with USDA so no airline storage. Then you can arrange to have AML pick up and deliver to your port.

Don Wallace

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
val2024

Latest profile posts

SSG Joe wrote on piratensafaris's profile.
From one newbie to another, Welcome aboard!
BLAAUWKRANTZ safaris wrote on Greylin's profile.
We have just completed a group hunt with guys from North Carolina, please feel free to contact the organizers of the group, Auburn at auburn@opextechnologies.com or Courtney at courtney@opextechnologies.com Please visit our website www.blaauwkrantz.com and email me at zanidixie@gmail.com
Zani
FDP wrote on gearguywb's profile.
Good morning. I'll take all of them actually. Whats the next step? Thanks, Derek
Have a look af our latest post on the biggest roan i ever guided on!

I realize how hard the bug has bit. I’m on the cusp of safari #2 and I’m looking to plan #3 with my 11 year old a year from now while looking at my work schedule for overtime and computing the math of how many shifts are needed….