Recent dip and ship cost

unless they have to wait for US agriculture has to clear
That’s why you have to bring them in as finished products.
Get the taxidermy done over there.

That’s why you have to bring them in as finished products.
Get the taxidermy done over there.
I have 3 shoulder mounts, 1 Zebra felt lined back skin finished, 2 warthog euro skulls finished, and 1 cape buffalo euro mount finished coming to Chicago on Turkish Airlines and Laura at Coppersmiths there say they will have to clear agriculture before they can pick them up at 348.00 per day storage airport storage. but if Turkish landed in Atlanta (they don't) first then it would clear with no storage fees and continue on to Chicago this will be the last time for any taxidermy to come back

I have 3 shoulder mounts, 1 Zebra felt lined back skin finished, 2 warthog euro skulls finished, and 1 cape buffalo euro mount finished coming to Chicago on Turkish Airlines and Laura at Coppersmiths there say they will have to clear agriculture before they can pick them up at 348.00 per day storage airport storage. but if Turkish landed in Atlanta (they don't) first then it would clear with no storage fees and continue on to Chicago this will be the last time for any taxidermy to come back
Finished products can be imported without going trough a USDA approved quarantine facility.

Finished products can be imported without going trough a USDA approved quarantine facility.
according to Laura at Coppersmiths she said they have to clear agriculture inspection at the Chicago airport not being sent to quarantine facility before she can pick them up. she handled my finished product last year with no issue so I think she knows what she is doing

I’ve had 3 crates brought to Atlanta on Turkish airlines. Have they stopped that route?

Just quoted and paid -
$1,275usd shipping from Namibia to Dallas

Euros:
Kudu, steenbok, springbok, red hartebeast, and 4x gemsbok with plaques.
Flat skins
2x hartemanns zebra with felt

Shipping in next 2 weeks.
Titus over at @Yellow Shark Logistics just grabbed the crates from the taxidermist in Windhoek

I’ve had 3 crates brought to Atlanta on Turkish airlines. Have they stopped that route?
I do not know that, Chicago was the shortest drive if I wanted to pick them up but found a trucker who will do it for 400 to my house in So Dakota

Just quoted and paid -
$1,275usd shipping from Namibia to Dallas

Euros:
Kudu, steenbok, springbok, red hartebeast, and 4x gemsbok with plaques.
Flat skins
2x hartemanns zebra with felt

Shipping in next 2 weeks.
Titus over at @Yellow Shark Logistics just grabbed the crates from the taxidermist in Windhoek
just found out Turkish does fly to Atlanta and if that is the final destination then it clears agriculture there and no storage, but because Chicago was the closest to me that is the end location so it sits till it gets clear, kind of wish I would have just left the Buffalo in Africa, oh well

August 2023 hunt, left SA on March 19th and scheduled to arrive in Atlanta on the 23rd. Shipping a Waterbuck, Gemsbok and an Impala via Turkish Airlines at $1100. I'm sure customs and shipping to my taxidermist will be another grand.

I had a small crate shipped last September with 8 plains game animals, mostly skulls, tanned hides, and rugs, one shoulder mount. Paperwork and airfare from joberg to NYC was $1100 and the customs clearance and freight shipping to my door was $1200. I used Zingela in Africa and Coppersmiths in NYC .
Who and what is " Zingela in Africa" thanks
David

I think you should dig further into this… my crate came into Atlanta via Turkish airlines. And I’m flying them out of Atlanta to Istanbul later this year. Someone might have some explaining to do.

See my notes in the Taxidermy Forum under "Time for Dip and Pack" for a complete run down of animals involved, time, and prices for my trophies from last August in Limpopo through dip and pack at Trophy Solultions (Polokwane) to Condor Cargo in Johannesburg where they sit today. Last Monday I submitted payment to Condor Cargo for shipping and assorted costs. Condor Cargo is looking to have the crate shipped to Coppersmith in Chicago on April first to arrive April 3.

Zingela is the freight forwarder I used, I got a hold of them before I went and they gave me estimates . Zingela got the crate to NYC then Coppersmiths took over from there.
Thank you sir I appreciate the explanation
David

just found out Turkish does fly to Atlanta and if that is the final destination then it clears agriculture there and no storage, but because Chicago was the closest to me that is the end location so it sits till it gets clear, kind of wish I would have just left the Buffalo in Africa, oh well
@Hyde Hunter , why dose Freight on Turkish air going to Atlanta clears agriculture without storage, but Freight that goes to Chicago has to sit till it clears agriculture. Isn't it the same process? Why the difference? I ask because I don't know this is all new to me. Thanks, David

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarissaGal

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

FDP wrote on gearguywb's profile.
Good morning. I'll take all of them actually. Whats the next step? Thanks, Derek
Have a look af our latest post on the biggest roan i ever guided on!

I realize how hard the bug has bit. I’m on the cusp of safari #2 and I’m looking to plan #3 with my 11 year old a year from now while looking at my work schedule for overtime and computing the math of how many shifts are needed….
Safari Dave wrote on Kevin Peacocke's profile.
I'd like to get some too.

My wife (a biologist, like me) had to have a melanoma removed from her arm last fall.
Grat wrote on HUNTROMANIA's profile.
Hallo Marius- do you have possibilities for stags in September during the roar? Where are your hunting areas in Romania?