Really light .30 caliber bullets

cash_tx

Gold supporter
AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Interesting find in the reloading stash this week. I think these might be the lightest .30 caliber bullets I've seen, and certainly lighter than anything I've ever loaded or shot in the past with 308 Winchester, 7.62x39, 30-06 Springfield, or 308 Norma Magnum. Reloading data on the Internet seems to be pretty sparse; the smallest .30 caliber bullet I can find data for is 100 gr. I'd be curious to know if any other members have loaded a bullet this light in a .30 caliber rifle.

Norma_30cal_93gr_1.jpg

Norma_30cal_93gr_2.jpg

Norma_30cal_93gr_3.jpg

I'd say that those were primarily for the .30 Carbine.

When I was thinking of picking up a Ruger Blackhawk in 30 Carbine I think that I saw bullets available for it as light as in the low 90 grains.

I'd say that those were primarily for the .30 Carbine.

When I was thinking of picking up a Ruger Blackhawk in 30 Carbine I think that I saw bullets available for it as light as in the low 90 grains.

Almost certainly for 30 carbine… I agree with @JimP

It’s been 30 years…but back in the early 90’s I loaded thousands of 30 carbine with 100gr round nose projectiles.

I don't have a 30 Carbine anymore and don't foresee a use for them, so I'll probably just use them as Pay It Forward fodder.

30 carbine for sure lightest for me has been a 100 gr v max in a 308 o/u for predators.

I had great luck with 100gr CEB raptors on whitetail out of .308 Win. Debating using those on black bear in alaska this fall vs a 130gr CEB raptor or 165gr TTSX. So many choices...

Looks like a cool collector item for display to me. . .

I have an M1 carbine, and I agree those look like .30 Carbine bullets. I only buy factory rounds and they’re 108 grains, but I’m intrigued about the FPS pickup from a slightly lighter bullet.

In the late 1960/early 1970, there were 100 gr jacketed bullets for plinking and varmint shooting with 308w & 30/06.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theapollotattoostudio

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Roan hunt of a life time !

IHC-KB5 wrote on Huvius's profile.
Thanks for catching the Flanged brass - much appreciated!
new updates !

SETH RINGER wrote on RR 314's profile.
HOW MUCH ARE THEY?? PLAIN? CAMO? THX, SETH
USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.