Pre War Mauser in Schuler Caliber 11.2x72

I also used the loading data from the cartridge 404 Jeffery to reload the cartridge 11,2x72 Schüler and also to shot a buffalo. The 401gr RN SN bullet from Woodleigh worked, but broke in the game. I was able to observe something similar when shooting buffalos with the cartridge 10,75x68 and its classic bullet 22,5g FMJ bullet. For this reason I initially wanted to compare the cartridge 11,2x72 Schüler to the cartridge 10,75x68 rather than with the cartridge 404 Jeffery, but with good bullets it will certainly be completely different.

It is a special hunting law that only applies to the canton of Graubünden and not to the rest of Switzerland. The use of calibers over 10,2 mm is required by law for larger game species. The cartridge 10,3 x60R has established itself as the standard cartridge over the years, but the use of the cartridge 11,2x72 Schüler would also be permitted.

Art. 13
Jagdwaffen
Es dürfen folgende Jagdwaffen verwendet werden:
a) *für die Hoch- und Steinwildjagd: Büchsen mit einem Kugellauf ohne Magazin, Kaliber mindestens 10,2 mm

Attachments

• BR 740.000 - Kantonales Jagdgesetz - Kanton Graubünden - Erlasssammlung.pdf
    289.3 KB · Views: 39
Ses,
I shot those loads in my original Jefferys with a 29" barrel and another 1908 Mauser custom for many years? Pressure was in the 55-60 PS

Hallo HWL,

I don't know. Wim Degol informed me that his bullets have a wall thickness of 1,8mm at the base which perhaps is not ideal for the cartridge 11,2x60.

As far as I understood him, he would produce FMJ bullets but also SP bullets for another customer. The SP bullets may perhaps look different.
I corresponded with Mr Degol and he said he would import 11.2x72 Schuler bullets into the US but needs a $10k minimum order to make import paperwork worth his while. I may do it alone or gather rifle owners together to group fund it.

I can hardly help you in the USA, because I live not very far from the Belgian border.

Mr. Degol has said some of us that he would eventually be ready to produce a few hundred SP and FMJ bullets caliber .440/11,2mm for the cartridge 11,2x72 Schüler. I am not so sure if that is possible and so I think that if something more bullets are ordered from your side in the USA, he can to start with the production.

Mr. Wim Degol made FMJ bullets for me. Good piece of work with a crimp groove on the right place. Perfect OAL for a classic magazine.

11.2 x 72mm Schuler always catches my eye, then I move on like OP did.
I saved this from Harald Wolf, IIRC, might be interesting to go look through the HATARI TIMES again ...
1013 - xz7WkKY.jpg
1014 - IFIGYGp.jpg

Mr. Wim Degol made FMJ bullets for me. Good piece of work with a crimp groove on the right place. Perfect OAL for a classic magazine.
Any idea if he is shipping any to the US?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ColetteJ48

Latest profile posts

BLAAUWKRANTZ safaris wrote on Greylin's profile.
We have just completed a group hunt with guys from North Carolina, please feel free to contact the organizers of the group, Auburn at auburn@opextechnologies.com or Courtney at courtney@opextechnologies.com Please visit our website www.blaauwkrantz.com and email me at zanidixie@gmail.com
Zani
FDP wrote on gearguywb's profile.
Good morning. I'll take all of them actually. Whats the next step? Thanks, Derek
Have a look af our latest post on the biggest roan i ever guided on!

I realize how hard the bug has bit. I’m on the cusp of safari #2 and I’m looking to plan #3 with my 11 year old a year from now while looking at my work schedule for overtime and computing the math of how many shifts are needed….
Safari Dave wrote on Kevin Peacocke's profile.
I'd like to get some too.

My wife (a biologist, like me) had to have a melanoma removed from her arm last fall.