Pre Safari Physical Training P.T.

Pre-safari training test on Monday: Boston Marathon.
This is a year-round process of trying to pay attention to staying in shape. I’m really running so next year’s version of me is still capable to do the things I love to do.

Wow!!!! Now that is impressive my friend!!! Congratulations!!!

Pre-safari training test on Monday: Boston Marathon.
This is a year-round process of trying to pay attention to staying in shape. I’m really running so next year’s version of me is still capable to do the things I love to do.
:A Popcorn:

No, I'm not waiting for you to tell me about the marathon. I was just sitting here (literally) eating popcorn and thinking how daunting a marathon can be. Best of luck my friend, and please do tell us about the marathon.

1681844003921.png

:A Popcorn:

No, I'm not waiting for you to tell me about the marathon. I was just sitting here (literally) eating popcorn and thinking how daunting a marathon can be. Best of luck my friend, and please do tell us about the marathon.
Finished in 3:16, with two sit down bathroom stops due to stomach pains. It rained some, which was helpful. Now I’m having a rough time with stairs.
I truly love the training to get to a marathon. The event itself is part endurance of body and part endurance of the mind. Figuring out how to keep running when you’d much rather quit, that is the marathon.
It translates to life. And to hunting. You can’t see the finish line in a marathon until the very end. I think when we hunt it is the same.

Finished in 3:16, with two sit down bathroom stops due to stomach pains. It rained some, which was helpful. Now I’m having a rough time with stairs.
I truly love the training to get to a marathon. The event itself is part endurance of body and part endurance of the mind. Figuring out how to keep running when you’d much rather quit, that is the marathon.
It translates to life. And to hunting. You can’t see the finish line in a marathon until the very end. I think when we hunt it is the same.
Congratulations.

Lots of parallels between running a marathon, hunting and navigating life. Having the sand to see it through can be rough.

Training is more than physical, mental is also a huge key. If anyone really thinks they are tough, I highly recommend they try the MR 340 River Race. 340 miles of paddling from Kaw Point in Kansas City Kansas, (yes there is a Kansas City Missouri) to St Charles Missouri. The longest continuous river race in the world. I completed it in 2011 in 54 hours and 37 minutes earning me 5th place in men’s solo.
If I was in that condition now, I would have zero problems on safari. Time and other factors have taken their toll.
Mental conditioning is also a key factor. Never give up, never surrender!
Know where the finish line is helps.

Am currently on a hike on the South African Wild Coast from East London going north, about 70km all. About half beach sand and the rest rocks, which is a real test. Carrying a pack. After the first day I thought I would die, but you strengthen up pretty fast. If you don't get an injury I can think of no faster way to prepare for an arduous hunt. All wearing my Courteney Safaris, not a single problem.

Right now I am doing the Camino Frances from Sarria to Santiago de Compostela Spain. It is 112 km total. The way is quite hilly. Total elevation gain is 9800 feet.
Originally it was a pilgrimage to the body of St James but many non-religious are doing it.
The terrain and vistas are magnificent and the Galician food is great.
We are almost finished. Only 30km to go but we are breaking it up over 2 days.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MeaganHerr

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

IHC-KB5 wrote on Huvius's profile.
Thanks for catching the Flanged brass - much appreciated!
new updates !

SETH RINGER wrote on RR 314's profile.
HOW MUCH ARE THEY?? PLAIN? CAMO? THX, SETH
USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.