PPU (prvi partisan) .375 H&H performance?

Good question. I bought some and I’m hoping the cases are ok so I can reload. Plan to sight in then use them on pigs and save cases as they were cheap enough to get a start. $3.20 per round. Premium brand cases can come close to that.
Availability is another thing too.
I was a bit dubious at first using PPU ammo & brass but now use a lot of it , brass seems as good or better than Winchester & Remington & in Australia its priced well, their projectiles do a job on pigs , i use PPU in 7x57 8x57 9.3x62 & 375 H&H ,222 REM & 223 REM. 6.5x55 7.62x39 & 6.5 Grendel.

@albravo If you can access some, AR2209 (labelled H4350 in the US) is a much better choice for .375 H&H loads than either Varget (AR2208) or H4895 (AR2206H). The Hodgdon website should have load data.

A chap from a .375 Ruger page expressed his approval on the .375 PPU FMJRN after he sent one through a hippos head at about 75 yards. He said it whistled right through it.

@albravo If you can access some, AR2209 (labelled H4350 in the US) is a much better choice for .375 H&H loads than either Varget (AR2208) or H4895 (AR2206H). The Hodgdon website should have load data.
Thanks, I have some of that. I was on the Hodgdon site earlier today and noticed the only load they recommend is H4350. For the 300 they say start at 68 and max out at 76.

"fun plinking" with a 375 !?!! :eek:

You are a better man than me !
Sure! Both the SP & FMJ are just fine and affordable too for walking around field practice.

I use H4895 because I can either handload full power loads or safely handload 40% reduced power loads. So handload a magazine's worth and go for a stroll...

Last edited:
I think we've taken the search for the "best" bullets too far. The original question was whether the PPU bullets in 300 gr. RN .375" would be OK for large deer or hogs. I actually can't imagine any possible outcome that does not result in a dead deer or hog if they are shot with that bullet. Insufficient penetration? So unlikely that it's nearly impossible. Too tough so no expansion? Very unlikely given traditional large amount of lead exposed at the tip. I've not used PPU SP ammo in .375, but have in .222 and .308, 8x57 and 7.62x39, perhaps a few others. It always shot OK, and behaved in game like any normal cup and core traditional ammo.
I have used the 9.3 version n 286 gr fair bit on moose and bear, shot from a 9.3x62 and a 9.3x64 equivalent. they are actually tougher than the Hornady SP of same weight, nearly always pass through. Need to saw through some to show you the brass thickness, I think apart from the barn door BC they are great bullets.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nohucat

Latest profile posts

We bagged a big old buff with hunter from Norway check out our post!!

I live in Tyler Texas. I like Ruger single action revolvers Ruger rifles, and Marlin and Winchester lever guns.
SETH RINGER wrote on tracker12's profile.
PARTITIONS
SEND ME PAYMENT INFO, PLEASE AND THANKS.
Khalanyoni Game Ranch wrote on Joshlee0518's profile.
Hi Joshlee0518 (please let me know if you are fine being addressed like that),

Thought I would drop you a PM. It is super exciting to plan a hunt and we are more than happy to assist you. Have you given any thought yet to which species you would like to take?

What do you hunt usually and which weapons/calibers are you using?

Look forward to swapping experiences and ideas.

Happy hunting - Daniel
Our trophy shed is filling up and we are only getting started,