Politics

The underground economy is enormous and untaxed. A consumption tax would capture the unpaid tax on thea
Where are you from? What underground economy are you speaking of? Russia?

The underground economy is enormous and untaxed. A consumption tax would capture the unpaid tax on thea
The federal government doesn't have a revenue problem, it has a spending problem. Figuring out a way to tax the "underground economy" doesn't solve the problem, won't even make a dent in the problem. Our legislators and executives have been reckless for decades.

Interesting video. Poland is preparing for Russia. Given Poland's history, can't say I blame them.

Yet, unless it is imposed because another tax is discontinued I would oppose it as just one more means of the government getting its hands on more dollars to waste.

Interesting video. Poland is preparing for Russia. Given Poland's history, can't say I blame them.

I was once speaking with a senior Polish officer at a conference and asked him what Poland would do if in some hypothetical world Poland was forced to choose between again fighting the Russians or the Germans. He laughed and answered, "fight the Germans first of course - always business before pleasure."

The federal government doesn't have a revenue problem, it has a spending problem. Figuring out a way to tax the "underground economy" doesn't solve the problem, won't even make a dent in the problem. Our legislators and executives have been reckless for decades.

I didn't get what he was talking about either, Bob. Maybe he isn't from the US? Maybe Russia, like you said.

Yet, unless it is imposed because another tax is discontinued I would oppose it as just one more means of the government getting its hands on more dollars to waste.

I agree with @Ed Lally about the underground economy. There is a huge amount of people in the US in various trades (home construction, plumbing, electricians, etc) that will quote a price and quote a lower "cash" price, which of course goes un-reported. I know a lot of people that have hobbies or side gigs and make a few grand a month and it's unreported income.

I also agree with @sgt_zim about the Federal government's spending problem. However, I get disgusted when politicians use the phrase, "We're going to make the wealthy pay their fair share." For the most part, people that are making a good living, comply with the IRS tax codes and pay their fair share. When politicians float the idea of a "wealth tax", taxing higher income people, just because they can, I don't think that is right. Property tax is already a form of wealth tax. Wealthy people tend to live in more expensive houses and/or have multiple houses and pay a substantial amount of property tax. Given the cap on SALT tax of $10k (a Trump implemented rule) much of these taxes are no longer deductible on a federal return. Taxes went up for the "wealthy."

The looming social security problem, that neither Trump or Biden are talking about.

It would appear ever more evident that like most of Putin's other Ukraine associated strategic goals, his expectations for gas export profits has also collapsed.

Pretty good assessment from Foreign Policy.

The looming social security problem, that neither Trump or Biden are talking about.

It is my understanding that the CPI does not include food and energy cost increases...if this is true, could Trump's numbers seem more of a possible?

Now I'm beginning to see the point. If the entire income tax system was scrapped to be replaced with a consumption tax I could probably support it. Unfortunately, I do not see the politicians dumping the income tax in order to tax everyone equally. That might mean that the illegal aliens would have to pay taxes like everyone else. Can't have that!

Now I'm beginning to see the point. If the entire income tax system was scrapped to be replaced with a consumption tax I could probably support it. Unfortunately, I do not see the politicians dumping the income tax in order to tax everyone equally. That might mean that the illegal aliens would have to pay taxes like everyone else. Can't have that!
The proposed FairTax, or some facsimile of it, makes the most sense, well more than an income tax does - if for no other reason than the cost of compliance + enforcement is trivially small. That would save us all a non-trivial amount of money annually. There is no real way to game a consumption tax that wouldn't be fairly easy to discover and prosecute.

"The more corrupt the state, the more numerous the laws." Title 26 is more than 70,000 pages long. It doesn't exist as a revenue scheme, it exists as a way for legislators to take legal bribes. The income tax provides them with not just a means to money, but a means to power. They will make up any lie in order to maintain that.

The ever shrinking Russian Black Sea fleet has lost two more warships over the last 48 hours. Both seem to be the result of ATAACMS strikes in port. Last night was a minesweeper, but tonight was another of their modern missile corvettes. They use them to launch cruise missiles against Ukraine. This one, the Cyclone, was apparently launched in 2018. They are becoming an extinct class of ships.

ship4.jpeg

@flatwater bill agreed on your comment about Russia’s stance. And no, I don’t think agreeing with what they said is buying into propaganda any more than agreeing with the other side. Doesn’t matter whether you’re on the left or right side of a fence, the other side will always be the wrong one to whoever.

Anyone see Iran President helicopter down and he’s missing? Placing bets there was a bit of foreign interference there?

What a historic naval performance against an opponent without a fleet. :rolleyes:

black sea fleet.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NoeZ782488

Latest profile posts

We bagged a big old buff with hunter from Norway check out our post!!

I live in Tyler Texas. I like Ruger single action revolvers Ruger rifles, and Marlin and Winchester lever guns.
SETH RINGER wrote on tracker12's profile.
PARTITIONS
SEND ME PAYMENT INFO, PLEASE AND THANKS.
Khalanyoni Game Ranch wrote on Joshlee0518's profile.
Hi Joshlee0518 (please let me know if you are fine being addressed like that),

Thought I would drop you a PM. It is super exciting to plan a hunt and we are more than happy to assist you. Have you given any thought yet to which species you would like to take?

What do you hunt usually and which weapons/calibers are you using?

Look forward to swapping experiences and ideas.

Happy hunting - Daniel
Our trophy shed is filling up and we are only getting started,