Politics

IMG_2509.jpeg

This ones pretty good too.....

A good book on this topic is The Reluctant Warlord

If our government was intelligent, they would allow the US to be energy independent again. I know logic is something that our elected officials lack.
We are the one of the biggest oil producers in the World and energy independent however it doesn't make any difference how much we pay for oil.
Oil is a global commodity and nobody will sell it less than the global price which is dictated by supply and demand.

$150 a barrel certainly makes Eagle Ford very profitable to drill and employ more Texans. That’s a great thing, of course the problem is it makes the price for a gallon of gas extremely high, which make me poorer.

The US is the biggest oil producer in the world, see https://www.statista.com/statistics...the-top-fifteen-countries-in-barrels-per-day/
But it does consume far more than it produces, see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_oil_consumption
Compared to other highly delevoped countries it consumes the most oil per capita. Improving energy usage would be the most efficient way to get in balance as I don't think producing so much more oil is possible.
“Drill baby, drill!”- T. Boone Pickens

The US is the biggest oil producer in the world, see https://www.statista.com/statistics...the-top-fifteen-countries-in-barrels-per-day/
But it does consume far more than it produces, see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_oil_consumption
Compared to other highly delevoped countries it consumes the most oil per capita. Improving energy usage would be the most efficient way to get in balance as I don't think producing so much more oil is possible.
Nowhere in the World I mean nowhere not even in the Gulf countries you'll see this many cars with only a single person inside or this many gas guzzling vehicles.
The amount of oil we are wasting is beyond comprehension but in simple terms spending brings borrowing and this is how our economy operates.

$150 a barrel certainly makes Eagle Ford very profitable to drill and employ more Texans. That’s a great thing, of course the problem is it makes the price for a gallon of gas extremely high, which make me poorer.
$150 a barrel might be possible but stable oil around these prices is better for everyone including drillers.
Higher prices generally leads to a bust.

$150 a barrel might be possible but stable oil around these prices is better for everyone including drillers.
Higher prices generally leads to a bust.

Stable oil prices are better for the economy in general, at whatever level. Intermediate inventories are huge. Swinging inventory values are very unsettling and make for economic uncertainty.

Nowhere in the World I mean nowhere not even in the Gulf countries you'll see this many cars with only a single person inside or this many gas guzzling vehicles.
The amount of oil we are wasting is beyond comprehension but in simple terms spending brings borrowing and this is how our economy operates.
If women were allowed to drive in the Gulf countries that would not be true. A male relative is required for a woman to go anywhere, therefore most cars will have at least two occupants. Other countries don't have as.many cars per capita and people need to stuff more people into fewer cars. They also have populations mire concentrated into cities making mass transit somewhat more practical.

If women were allowed to drive in the Gulf countries that would not be true. A male relative is required for a woman to go anywhere, therefore most cars will have at least two occupants. ...
Actually, women are allowed drive everywhere in Gulf countries now seeing Saudi Arabia allowed it as of 2018. And they do not need a male relative to be with them while driving.

I am not sure I am following your analogy. Most of the world is not prosperous enough to offer multiple automobiles as an option for families, and most of Europe has punitive taxation on fuel. Add to that the environmental ideologues who are making it increasingly difficult to even drive in larger European cities, and car demand is suppressed. Then, of course, there is the issue of travel distances which are unique to the US among first world economies. The only difference that I have ever noticed among the Gulf States is that the families are larger which makes for a more crowded family outing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TobiasStor

Latest profile posts

Our trophy shed is filling up and we are only getting started,

cwpayton wrote on CM McKenzie's profile.
Sir ,is that picture of you packing the shoshone river trail thru buffalo pass? Im trying to get a plan togather for a ride. do you pack professionally or for pleasure. thanks
Cal {cwpayton}
ghay wrote on gearguywb's profile.
Is this rifle sold? If not what is the weight of it and do you know if there is enough difference in diameter between the 35W and the 9.3 to allow for a rebore to a 9.3x62 which is what I am after?
Thanks,
Gary (Just down the road in Springfield)
Woods wrote on Hunter-Habib's profile.
Forgive me if this is the incorrect area, I signed up to this forum just now because I wanted to be on the list to purchase a copy of your autobiography. Please feel free to pass my information along to whomever is selling. Thank you so much. I look forward to it!
I like the Tillie in my picture. They are supposed to fit loose (2 fingers inside hat band), have mesh for cooling, and hold their shape after washing.