Politics

Because we don't get the choose who the nominees will be.
It's being done by the big money and party establishments.
Otherwise supposedly the biggest country in the World wouldn't come down to these candidates.
I don't think Trump would be the candidate if it was up to "big money and party establishments". :unsure:
Trump might be a lot of things, but manageable he is not.

Was going to put this in the humour thread....but when you think about it ....although it's funny....its not really....

IMG-20240428-WA0001.jpg

PREDICTIVE PROGRAMMING: The opening ceremony of the 2012 Olympics in London featured a giant figure of death holding a NEEDLE, with doctors and nurses dancing like zombies around children in hospital beds..

430023703_10228552860958234_1976178177201836002_n.jpg
438168935_122097684578300510_4406119361379992726_n.jpg

I don't think Trump would be the candidate if it was up to "big money and party establishments". :unsure:
Trump might be a lot of things, but manageable he is not.
Maybe but party establishment accepting him and not opposing much...

Last edited:
Was going to put this in the humour thread....but when you think about it ....although it's funny....its not really....

View attachment 602033
No surprise on my part as someone who has a son living there and visiting frequently.
This is the reality of the safety situation in RSA.
There are also criminals impersonating police and robbing people on main highways!

I saw an interview with Mike Pompeo today. Very impressive and succinct. Why can't the US support an actual smart adult for the most important job in the world.
The cult of personality.

So I read this morning on PJ Media that the "Classified Documents" "discovered" in the big Mar a Lago raid were shipped there by the GSA.
"We got all this stuff, where can we send it?"

So I read this morning on PJ Media that the "Classified Documents" "discovered" in the big Mar a Lago raid were shipped there by the GSA.
I had to Google that.... this is the first line of what I got.

"Delivering effective and efficient government services for the American people"

Well, probably all of the stuff from the White House including personal furniture and boxes were shipped by GSA. They are not going to have "Two Guys and a Trucks" do the moving for security reasons.

I doubt there is anything nefarious there.

Well, probably all of the stuff from the White House including personal furniture and boxes were shipped by GSA. They are not going to have "Two Guys and a Trucks" do the moving for security reasons.

No, nefarious only comes from one direction for you, eh?

Actually GSA = 2 guys and a truck…

GSA has a variety of schedules and contract vehicles that it uses to supply both materials and services to the US Govt… contracting firms get on these schedules and contracts then bid for individual jobs (task orders or call orders, etc) as the different govt agencies request materials or services..

My firm for example does a substantial amount of work through two different GSA schedules…

All of that said.. when dealing with classified materials or services, GSA has access to numerous cleared firms (mine included) with all of the clearances and tools required to move or provide said materials and services…

No, nefarious only comes from one direction for you, eh?
So, GSA ,on purpose, reviewed and packed all those classified documents so they could get Trump to refuse to return them and have an excuse for FBI to raid his residence later on and then charge him? :unsure:

Wow, some forward-thinking folks there. o_O

Also, a great example of inter-agency co-ordination.:ROFLMAO:

No..

Think of GSA like “Amazon” for the govt..

Someone (some govt agency or bureau) wants something…

They go to GSA (as one of several different procurement options)… they peruse the “schedule” (think of a schedule like a catalogue).. then they make a request to purchase whatever it is they want..

GSA is more or less a facilitator..

They connect the buyer with the seller.. and are supposed to make sure the govt is getting proper pricing, proper service delivery, etc…

Oh, I am aware of GSA functionality though my companies deal mostly with Army Corps of Engineers or DOD or other government contractors. I was just trying to point out that the fact that GSA might have facilitated shipment of Trump's boxes was not another conspiracy to entrap Trump. Trump does enough of that through his own actions.

I remember a post some pages ago that was talking about trade school training etc.. Looks like a lot of folks are coming to the same conclusion.

16% increase since 2018 is huge.

I was just trying to point out that the fact that GSA might have facilitated shipment of Trump's boxes was not another conspiracy to entrap Trump. Trump does enough of that through his own actions.

Completely agree…

Someone within whichever govt agency that oversees the White House move in and move out simply used GSA to find a contractor to move the “stuff”…

Whatever protocols they determine how stuff is inventoried, accounted for, packed, moved, unpacked, inventoried again, signed for, and final delivery is completed I’m sure were followed…

Trump would have POSSIBLY packed up a few personal items and moved them himself… but most likely he just told person X “ put that pile of stuff in a box”… then it would have been subjected to the above process…

FWIW it is not uncommon (although also not “right” ) for people to retain classified materials after leaving a post…

I have personally witnessed it from more than one person on more than one occasion…

When you consider that a HUGE sum of information and materials involving the DOJ, DHS, DOD, DOS, etc all gets classified to one degree or another.. and then further the vast amount of information that remains classified for decades upon decades even after becoming totally irrelevant and inconsequential to national security (largely by virtue that there is so much of it, that it often takes decades to get around to declassifying it) it’s not hard to understand how some asst secretary to some insignificant department ends up with a binder of “secret” documents in a box in the basement fairly routinely…

Not making excuses for Trump, Biden, or anyone else…

Simply saying… when you literally touch hundreds of pages of classified documents a day, every day, for years… and have full legal authority for documents to be in your physical possession (you didn’t illicitly remove them from a SCIF, etc…)… it’s not all that hard for some stuff to end up in a proverbial junk drawer or in a box in the attic…

How many among us “forgot” about a relatively important possession at some point, only to find it a decade later in a box in the garage or at the back of a junk drawer etc?

Hollywood would have people believe that all things classified come out of a vault located 29 stories underground and are only delivered by a team of SEALs via a briefcase handcuffed to the team leaders wrist…

In many cases, the handling of certain classified materials and information isn’t quite so formal (depending on what we’re talking about)…

So, GSA ,on purpose, reviewed and packed all those classified documents so they could get Trump to refuse to return them and have an excuse for FBI to raid his residence later on and then charge him? :unsure:

I am not saying anyone at a government agency deliberately set out to fraudulently incriminate Trump. (hello Col Vindman? Jim Comey?)
I'm just mocking you.

Completely agree…

Someone within whichever govt agency that oversees the White House move in and move out simply used GSA to find a contractor to move the “stuff”…

Whatever protocols they determine how stuff is inventoried, accounted for, packed, moved, unpacked, inventoried again, signed for, and final delivery is completed I’m sure were followed…

Trump would have POSSIBLY packed up a few personal items and moved them himself… but most likely he just told person X “ put that pile of stuff in a box”… then it would have been subjected to the above process…

FWIW it is not uncommon (although also not “right” ) for people to retain classified materials after leaving a post…

I have personally witnessed it from more than one person on more than one occasion…

When you consider that a HUGE sum of information and materials involving the DOJ, DHS, DOD, DOS, etc all gets classified to one degree or another.. and then further the vast amount of information that remains classified for decades upon decades even after becoming totally irrelevant and inconsequential to national security (largely by virtue that there is so much of it, that it often takes decades to get around to declassifying it) it’s not hard to understand how some asst secretary to some insignificant department ends up with a binder of “secret” documents in a box in the basement fairly routinely…

Not making excuses for Trump, Biden, or anyone else…

Simply saying… when you literally touch hundreds of pages of classified documents a day, every day, for years… and have full legal authority for documents to be in your physical possession (you didn’t illicitly remove them from a SCIF, etc…)… it’s not all that hard for some stuff to end up in a proverbial junk drawer or in a box in the attic…

How many among us “forgot” about a relatively important possession at some point, only to find it a decade later in a box in the garage or at the back of a junk drawer etc?

Hollywood would have people believe that all things classified come out of a vault located 29 stories underground and are only delivered by a team of SEALs via a briefcase handcuffed to the team leaders wrist…

In many cases, the handling of certain classified materials and information isn’t quite so formal (depending on what we’re talking about)…
You are really not supposed to spew all this logic on the Politics thread ;)

Right.... also doesn't make Trump guilty of a crime. He has a talent for drawing attention on himself for sure... that's how he got elected. It does not seem as though he did anything else regarding this situation that hasn't become the norm....

A lot of good people are just totally fed up with all the attempts to trap him and persecute him. Especially when others, especially Democrats have apparently done MUCH worse and are let off or not even looked at.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FlorineKee

Latest profile posts

dogcat1 wrote on WAB's profile.
They are yours. Please send your contact info and which pair you want.
Thanks,
Ross
FDP wrote on dogcat1's profile.
Hello, did both follow through with their transactions? If not, I'll take a pair
Roan hunt of a life time !

IHC-KB5 wrote on Huvius's profile.
Thanks for catching the Flanged brass - much appreciated!
new updates !