Politics

FB_IMG_1714182347449.jpg

@Saul I certainly have no ability or desire to compare Biden with Putin.............but at THIS point in time, Biden has done far more harm to me than Putin has. Illegal immigration has flooded my area, and without jobs or language skills, many illegals have turned to crime. It is now rampant here. Before Joe, we didn't even lock our doors at night..............FWB
Trust me things are not any better here. :(

@rookhawk brought up RFK Jr. a little while back, and I was unfairly dismissive without actually hearing from RFK Jr himself.

I read through his campaign website and listened to Bill Maher’s interview with him on the Club Random podcast. I must admit, I like him a whole lot more than I thought I would, but it also confirmed my original position that he is unelectable.

if you ignore the inherent disadvantages of running as an independent, the biggest hurdle is probably just that he is not a great speaker. It is unfair, but with his voice and reserved personality, he is going to really struggle connecting with the broader public.

The other problem is that he holds so truly whacky positions that are not going to sell well with most voters. Maher was clearly trying to give his campaign a boost, so he was feeding RFK Jr some real obvious layups on topics like antibiotics and chlorinating water, but he missed every single one.

The policies on his campaign website seem like a grab bag of ideas from across the political spectrum. That is certainly part of his appeal and bolsters his image as an independent, but I find it hard to believe that there is a large enough base of voters outside of those who want anyone other than Biden or Trump.

With all that said, my opinion of RFK Jr is much more positive now. Even if he can be a little nutty, he came across as honest in his beliefs, which goes a long way with me.

I am curious if others have formed an opinion on him. Saying anything positive about him in liberal circles would be met with derision because he is seen as a potential spoiler for Biden.

Even if he can be a little nutty, he came across as honest in his beliefs, which goes a long way with me.

This was actually my take away as well.

Hearing him talk a few times I have a much more favorable opinion of it. I also don't think he is extreme as some have made him out to be.

The biggest plus side to him IMO, is I think he would govern from a place of compromise which would piss off the extreme of both sides. And probably is more of what we need right now.

He said that Trump had the "Bat Shit Crazy" vote a tied up but now RFK is going to get those votes;)

Although I honestly think you have to be bat shit crazy to vote for Biden so not sure Zehans points are relative....

Yes but today is a very short period in the history.
There were plenty of atrocities done by every religion including Christianity and some of the numbers are unfathomable when the Worlds's population was less than 500 million.
It's terribly wrong to pit one religion against the other imho.
today is a short period in history.......and I happen to live in today not in years gone by......bob

A couple interesting videos:

"Artillery adds dignity to what would otherwise be a vulgar brawl." - Frederick the Great

1714228426109.png

1714228467977.png

:mad:

@rookhawk brought up RFK Jr. a little while back, and I was unfairly dismissive without actually hearing from RFK Jr himself.

I read through his campaign website and listened to Bill Maher’s interview with him on the Club Random podcast. I must admit, I like him a whole lot more than I thought I would, but it also confirmed my original position that he is unelectable.

if you ignore the inherent disadvantages of running as an independent, the biggest hurdle is probably just that he is not a great speaker. It is unfair, but with his voice and reserved personality, he is going to really struggle connecting with the broader public.

The other problem is that he holds so truly whacky positions that are not going to sell well with most voters. Maher was clearly trying to give his campaign a boost, so he was feeding RFK Jr some real obvious layups on topics like antibiotics and chlorinating water, but he missed every single one.

The policies on his campaign website seem like a grab bag of ideas from across the political spectrum. That is certainly part of his appeal and bolsters his image as an independent, but I find it hard to believe that there is a large enough base of voters outside of those who want anyone other than Biden or Trump.

With all that said, my opinion of RFK Jr is much more positive now. Even if he can be a little nutty, he came across as honest in his beliefs, which goes a long way with me.

I am curious if others have formed an opinion on him. Saying anything positive about him in liberal circles would be met with derision because he is seen as a potential spoiler for Biden.
I think i share much of that same assessment; and that he's just got a few too many factors working against him to make him a substantial contender. But he could definitely be a spoiler.

I think i share much of that same assessment; and that he's just got a few too many factors working against him to make him a substantial contender. But he could definitely be a spoiler.

Friends, I'd remind you that RFK2 is getting literally no oxygen from mainstream media, NONETHELESS he's ahead in three-way polling in the age 20-45 demographic. Why can't he reach the older Gen-X and Babyboomers yet? Answer: they get their info from TV that has an unofficial blackout on RFK2.

The debates will happen, and RFK2 can run circles around both Biden and Trump. Also, in impromptu discussion on any topic, RFK2 is incredibly articulate and has a depth equal to Reagan...something we haven't seen in "off the cuff" question and answer from a presidential candidate in a very long time.

Then its the "kook" part of RFK2. That is the easiest part to solve. Everybody knows Fauci hoodwinked us, everybody knew the NHS, FDA, and NIH was in the pocket of big pharma. RFK2 called it in writing, in a best-selling book 2.5 years before anybody else noticed. Same with the lawsuits he's won related to glyphosate, mercury emissions, and heavy metal pollutions of other types.

Bottom line, his numbers are going to climb. His "kookery" is actually common sense facts in hindsight. All its going to take is one slip up from Trump or Biden and RFK2 will be our next president. A slip and fall from Biden, another Hunter laptop, or Trump being convicted...in a two-way race between one of the majors and RFK2, RFK2 will win.

I give him 60% odds of being the next president, and the first honest president in 40 years.

P.S. - There are several positions I do not agree with RFK on, but I still think not getting my way is better than getting my way with the current loser options from major parties. The only way I vote Trump is if RFK is tracking at <10% come November.

I saw an interview with Mike Pompeo today. Very impressive and succinct. Why can't the US support an actual smart adult for the most important job in the world.

I saw an interview with Mike Pompeo today. Very impressive and succinct. Why can't the US support an actual smart adult for the most important job in the world.

Now there’s a question many of us would like the answer to!

Because we don't get the choose who the nominees will be.
It's being done by the big money and party establishments.
Otherwise supposedly the biggest country in the World wouldn't come down to these candidates.

1714263831968.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EulaliaRus

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

IHC-KB5 wrote on Huvius's profile.
Thanks for catching the Flanged brass - much appreciated!
SETH RINGER wrote on RR 314's profile.
HOW MUCH ARE THEY?? PLAIN? CAMO? THX, SETH
USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.