Politics

CENTCOM and AFRICOM Commanders testimony to the House Armed Services Committee.

Around the 48 minute mark Gen Langley is asked about the "whole of government" approach in Somalia. He gives a bit of a word salad answer but ultimately it was, in my opinion, a diplomatic way of him saying "look we're trying, but the military isn't equipped to handle everything Congressman". The Chinese for instance don't have troops in Somalia, but the entire cellular infrastructure in Somalia was built by them with Huawei equipment, which means the Chinese also own all the back doors into the network and can control what's on it. It's also important to note, that the Somali military relies heavily on this infrastructure to coordinate actions against Al-Shabab, which means by proxy US Forces advising and assisting the Somali Army rely on this infrastructure. American taxpayers footing the bill and American troops protecting Chinese infrastructure.

Around the 1:28:00 mark Gen Kurilla says 90% of Iran's sanctioned oil sales are purchased by China. It seems these sanctions could be doing serious damage to Iran if this wasn't the case. I can't imagine it's all that possible to realistically stop China from buying this oil, but there are other ways to hurt China economically. We could sanction China, stop importing many goods from them into the US, forbid US companies from dealing with the Chinese, etc.

Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be any real appetite in the US to deal with China, other than banning Tik-Tok (which accomplishes nothing really). I guess enough American businessmen and women are making too much money for it to be important.

Like when a certain someone said that "Biden wasnt flying illegals into the country, only those already here?? LOL
That was me and I guess you have a hard time understanding or don't believe in facts.

I repeat for the last time Biden or US Government wasn't flying anybody into the country.

These programs are not secret, existed for years even when Trump was president and only pre approved people fly here on their own dime or they have sponsors!

The only tax payer money government uses are for domestic flights inside the country.

Near the bottom of this piece is a world class Joe Biden Whopper of a lie, and absolute flat out lie.

Joe Biden never taught anything for 12 minutes, let alone 12 years. In the BS dept, Joe Biden makes Trump or anyone else look like an amateur!

American taxpayers footing the bill and American troops protecting Chinese infrastructure.

I know Gaetz isn't popular with many people here, but he summarizes this point pretty well around the 1:38:00 minute mark in regards to Niger.

That was me and I guess you have a hard time understanding or don't believe in facts.

I repeat for the last time Biden or US Government wasn't flying anybody into the country.

These programs are not secret, existed for years even when Trump was president and only pre approved people fly here on their own dime or they have sponsors!

The only tax payer money government uses are for domestic flights inside the country.
Yes, they were, I guess you didnt read the SNOPEs thing I posted some time back that admitted it was true and there have been many other stories, even the WH admitted it.
You need to brush up on the story and be able to man up and admit you were wrong.
And while it may not have been a secret as such, it was well known and the WH has not denied that they were IN FACT flying illegals from OUTSIDE the US into the country, under a program that supposedly vetted these people and that they had so called sponsors here to do what I dont know, sponsor them I guess.
WAKE UP!
Denial aint just a river in Egypt.

Here is the piece again since I guess you are unable to find it or something....

It states there were 5 claims about the program and only one was true. Guess which part is true... tik tok tik tok tik tok...
The program WAS flying people INTO the US from OUTSIDE the US. Read it and weep.

Good heavens this thread is getting tedious. Everyone agrees Biden sucks. The loudest camp on here says "Yes he sucks, but DON'T vote for his only viable opposition. The man is a lout! That is our position as honorable government compensated men".
We're doomed.

"I personally don't want to vote for Trump" =/= "Yes [Biden] sucks, but DON'T vote for his only viable opposition"

It's insincere and overly reductionist to pretend like those are the same sentiments. One sharing his distaste for a candidate is not the same thing as telling others not to vote for him. To be honest, if the shared opinions of strangers on a hunting forum can doom a candidate and a country, that candidate and country must be pretty damn fragile.

"I personally don't want to vote for Trump" =/= "Yes [Biden] sucks, but DON'T vote for his only viable opposition"

It's insincere and overly reductionist to pretend like those are the same sentiments. One sharing his distaste for a candidate is not the same thing as telling others not to vote for him. To be honest, if the shared opinions of strangers on a hunting forum can doom a candidate and a country, that candidate and country must be pretty damn fragile.
I submit that our country IS pretty damn fragile, more so than I have seen on my 68 trips around the sun.
And if you don't think making negative comments about a candidate at every opportunity equates to dissuading support for said candidate, WTF do you think negative advertising is?

The problem with any discussions about Somalia is that they are based in woke assumptions they can be reasoned with, they can order their society if only they had access to opportunity, and that they are logical to a point they can govern their own self interests.

My response:

Average IQ of Somalia? = 68

Koko the Gorilla's IQ = Intelligence. Between 1972 and 1977, Koko was administered several infant IQ tests, including the Cattell Infant Intelligence Scale and form B of the Peabody Picture Vocabulary Test. She achieved scores in the 70–95 range, which is comparable to a human infant that is slow but not intellectually impaired.

What IQ is considered retarded? = 50-70 Mild Intellectual Impairment - (old term Mild Mental Retarded (MR))

To put it bluntly based on the facts above, Koko the Gorilla exceeds the cognitive function of Somalia.
My point is more about US policy in the region, the fact that we're spending lots of money and risking the lives of our troops without really gaining much from it, and in some ways creating the conditions for our strategic competitors to gain an advantage (oil off the coast of Somalia, controlling access to the gulf of Aden, etc.).

Also like it or not, the US has a large Somali diaspora population in our country, and the horn of Africa is likely going to remain a strategic place in the world, so our interests in the region are unlikely to go away. We should just perhaps come up with better ways to deal with them that are more advantageous to our country. If that means pulling out completely and letting the UAE, Turkey, China, or whoever else deal with it then maybe that's the answer.

You generally have pretty decent takes here, but if your conclusion to the problem set is Somalis are more retarded than gorillas

I don't know what to tell you bro

Here is the piece again since I guess you are unable to find it or something....

It states there were 5 claims about the program and only one was true. Guess which part is true... tik tok tik tok tik tok...
The program WAS flying people INTO the US from OUTSIDE the US. Read it and weep.

I read this article, and I'll respectfully disagree (snopes is on the left side), and I'll tell you why. My wife and I tried to sponsor her sister to come into the country for a 2-year parole, and after she could apply for legal residency (green card). My wife and I went through the PIA that it is to fill out paperwork for the government, and to provide documentation proof that we could support the individual(s) we were sponsoring. The flight from their original country of Venezuela to the US was their or our responsibility, not the US government. Once in the US, the transportation from the point of entry to their final destination was their or our responsibility. The US never volunteered or insinuated that they were going to provide free travel. Those flights did happen, and they usually happened at night. Whether those travelers were vetted or not, who knows.

Everyone bears responsibility for something, even Trump. Trump received more votes in the second election, then he did the first time. Quite astonishing for someone who everyone claims to be hated so much, don't you think.?
The Democrats and their media lapdogs had the brainless amoeba's foaming at the mouth, as they portrayed Trump as Hitler reincarnate.

We currently have the most corrupt and inept President in history residing in the whitehouse, along with the evil of a radical democrat army
Its quite ironic how people on this forum do nothing but henpeck over Trumps idiosyncrasies, but rarely say anything about the true problems in this country, or the monster in the Whitehouse that is using all available resources to put a political rival behind bars......or at the very least, try to bankrupt him.

I guess its easier to criticize Trump, then to admit to the real issues that we face in the elections.
Trump is Trump, and he's too arrogant to change his personality. If he loses on that, and that alone, and no other reason, then that is on him, and the the emotion driven voters.

Honestly, I was hoping that DeSantis would have mounted a better campaign charge. I could get behind him. I guess it's not his time yet.
There is too much Trump popularity for DeSantis to overcome
I thought so at first. But he is doing a great job in Florida battling Disney, DEI, etc.

May have a Democrat president but we need Republican/conservative governors.

I’m In Illinois and do I like care for Hyatt Pritzker? Not at all. But I’ll stay and fight.

I’d rather have the money to go on my first African hunt than cost me more money to buy a lesser home and move.

Need to stay close our grandkids teaching them to fish, shoot, archery and fly. Won’t let them fall away.

Maybe we can talk him into using one of his two Bombardier Global Express jets to fly us there?

Sorry for the rant.

My point is more about US policy in the region, the fact that we're spending lots of money and risking the lives of our troops without really gaining much from it, and in some ways creating the conditions for our strategic competitors to gain an advantage (oil off the coast of Somalia, controlling access to the gulf of Aden, etc.).

Also like it or not, the US has a large Somali diaspora population in our country, and the horn of Africa is likely going to remain a strategic place in the world, so our interests in the region are unlikely to go away. We should just perhaps come up with better ways to deal with them that are more advantageous to our country. If that means pulling out completely and letting the UAE, Turkey, China, or whoever else deal with it then maybe that's the answer.

You generally have pretty decent takes here, but if your conclusion to the problem set is Somalis are more retarded than gorillas

I don't know what to tell you bro

My conclusion is indeed the part you don’t like.

In light of that, what’s the objective? Protect the seaways to ensure global stability of commerce.

If they come out to intercept cargo ships, repel them with force. They can keep their chaos and violence on the mainland.

I live near the largest Somali population in America. They have not adapted to western values. They continue to be parasitic on our system and prone to violence. (Randomly throwing a child off the third floor at Mall Of America for sport). Ilhan Omar represents their constituency as congresswoman. Their values are similar.

There are millions of Africans with skilled trades and advanced degrees begging to get into America from Nigeria and Ghana (highest average IQ in the sub-Sahara). They adapt to American culture very well. If we want immigrants, we should look elsewhere than Somalia. If we want global stability, we should do it with force to protect the gulf of Aden rather than getting involved with their feudal pseudo government. Because again, by the numbers it’s easier to negotiate with Koko.

Rook, that is the Rub. We want to help everyone. And project stability.

So we are in that region to keep the shipping lanes open while dealing with human animals that do not subscribe to our “Marquess of Queensberry Rules,”.

So IMHO if we are going to stick our nose into every beef around the world then quit dragging it out. Playing by civil rules that only prolong war and entice others.

We need a new rule. if we are going to stick our nose in.

then we are gonna win.

Just like standing Marines in front of the Abby gate for slaughter. That should be a hanging offense. Committing our military and not letting the win from DC ROE teaches the enemy that we are actually not prepared to do what it takes to win.

The US modern version of winning is throwing money, equipment and bodies at the enemy instead of a brutal will to win

I read this article, and I'll respectfully disagree (snopes is on the left side), and I'll tell you why. My wife and I tried to sponsor her sister to come into the country for a 2-year parole, and after she could apply for legal residency (green card). My wife and I went through the PIA that it is to fill out paperwork for the government, and to provide documentation proof that we could support the individual(s) we were sponsoring. The flight from their original country of Venezuela to the US was their or our responsibility, not the US government. Once in the US, the transportation from the point of entry to their final destination was their or our responsibility. The US never volunteered or insinuated that they were going to provide free travel. Those flights did happen, and they usually happened at night. Whether those travelers were vetted or not, who knows.
  • A Biden administration program was responsible for flying 320,000 migrants directly into the United States between January and December 2023. (True)

Where is the disagreement? Did the flights from out of the US to the US happen or not?
Who provided the planes?
Yes, SNOPES is on the Left, and even being on the Left it had to admit that the flights happened. I never said anything about the flights other than that they took place.
I know there are all manner of other side discussions about it, but my whole point to the other guy, is the flights did happen, from outside the US to inside the US and then went onwards from there on planes PROVIDED by the Govt,, read, US TAXPAYERS. He insists it never happened, but it did and probably still does, in fact we know it does, as we are now importing folks from Venezuela and Haiti.
Your personal experience with the program is only yours and doesnt necessarily mean the whole thing was handled that way.

Yes, they were, I guess you didnt read the SNOPEs thing I posted some time back that admitted it was true and there have been many other stories, even the WH admitted it.
You need to brush up on the story and be able to man up and admit you were wrong.
And while it may not have been a secret as such, it was well known and the WH has not denied that they were IN FACT flying illegals from OUTSIDE the US into the country, under a program that supposedly vetted these people and that they had so called sponsors here to do what I dont know, sponsor them I guess.
WAKE UP!
Denial aint just a river in Egypt.
I'm not going to discuss this any further because you don't seem to get it.
Once again government be it Drump, Brandon whoever is not flying any illegals from outside US, period.
These are people who are vetted and flying here on their own dime!
Illegals are people illegally crossing our borders!
Here are some facts for you:
No, the government does not pay for the migrants’ flights.
Once someone is granted an appointment with a CBP agent in the U.S. and receives authorization to travel, they are responsible for the cost of travel to the United States. This authorization does not guarantee an applicant will get to stay in the country once they arrive; a CBP officer could choose to deny the migrant parole after their appointment at an official port of entry — in this case, the airport.
Additionally, the government only authorizes parolees who can prove they have a sponsor capable and willing to financially support them.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SantiagoRa

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

We bagged a big old buff with hunter from Norway check out our post!!

I live in Tyler Texas. I like Ruger single action revolvers Ruger rifles, and Marlin and Winchester lever guns.
SETH RINGER wrote on tracker12's profile.
PARTITIONS
SEND ME PAYMENT INFO, PLEASE AND THANKS.
Khalanyoni Game Ranch wrote on Joshlee0518's profile.
Hi Joshlee0518 (please let me know if you are fine being addressed like that),

Thought I would drop you a PM. It is super exciting to plan a hunt and we are more than happy to assist you. Have you given any thought yet to which species you would like to take?

What do you hunt usually and which weapons/calibers are you using?

Look forward to swapping experiences and ideas.

Happy hunting - Daniel
Our trophy shed is filling up and we are only getting started,