Politics

They are, though, up against the clock

Western backbone is starting to suffer from a touch of bone necrosis as it attempts to appease disparate groups in order to maintain a strategic position

(It’s one thing to do deals with the elites that run the Middle East- it is quite another to keep their populations under control)

I don’t believe that Israel will ultimately be hugely influenced by western concerns

It is after all facing an intolerable situation

It will not, however, wish to piss off its western allies more than necessary

I suspect a major push to clear out the rats nests over the next few days before (political) damage control skews the calculus towards a reduction in military action
The longer that the Gaza conflict goes on, the higher the chance of a flare up with Hezbolla, which would dwarf Gaza. Also the longer it goes on the greater the chance of internal attacks in the USA. The aim is not just the destruction of Hamas, but filling the vacuum. I see absolutely no plusses at all in taking a single day more than absolutely necessary

The longer that the Gaza conflict goes on, the higher the chance of a flare up with Hezbolla, which would dwarf Gaza. Also the longer it goes on the greater the chance of internal attacks in the USA. The aim is not just the destruction of Hamas, but filling the vacuum. I see absolutely no plusses at all in taking a single day more than absolutely necessary

I actually think the opposite regarding Hezbollah Kevin (although I do agree with you that the possibility of attacks on the US potentially increase)...

If Hezbollah wanted to take decisive action, the time to do that was a month ago while Israel was still scrambling and trying to figure out a response/plan..

The element of surprise would now be lost.. Israel is watching the border with Lebanon and watching the West Bank very closely..

and while I trust the Iranians as far as I can throw them, they have been very public within the last few days about not wanting the conflict to spread regionally, how the Houthi, Hamas, and Hezbollah are "mature" organizations that operate under their own free will.. that while Iran admits to funding and training them, they dont have interest in openly engaging in a conflict with Israel themselves right now etc (Hezbollah would be on their own if they made the move essentially)..

Hezbollah will continue to be an irritant.. but unless Israel makes a major mistake that Hezbollah could capitalize on and seize an advantage.. I think making a major move right now (or any time in the near future) would be a major mistake...

Who is on the side of "right" right now is also clearly in question.. Palestinians have managed to convince a significant number of young people all over the globe that they are righteous in their cause.. but at the same time what the world is calling for is LESS conflict.. they want both sides to go back to their corners and sit down...

Hezbollah making a major move and increasing the violence/conflict would very likely create an end of the level of global support the Palestinian people appear to be obtaining.. (which equals money and support from the outside that they desperately need)..

I actually think the opposite regarding Hezbollah Kevin (although I do agree with you that the possibility of attacks on the US potentially increase)...

If Hezbollah wanted to take decisive action, the time to do that was a month ago while Israel was still scrambling and trying to figure out a response/plan..

The element of surprise would now be lost.. Israel is watching the border with Lebanon and watching the West Bank very closely..

and while I trust the Iranians as far as I can throw them, they have been very public within the last few days about not wanting the conflict to spread regionally, how the Houthi, Hamas, and Hezbollah are "mature" organizations that operate under their own free will.. that while Iran admits to funding and training them, they dont have interest in openly engaging in a conflict with Israel themselves right now etc (Hezbollah would be on their own if they made the move essentially)..

Hezbollah will continue to be an irritant.. but unless Israel makes a major mistake that Hezbollah could capitalize on and seize an advantage.. I think making a major move right now (or any time in the near future) would be a major mistake...

Who is on the side of "right" right now is also clearly in question.. Palestinians have managed to convince a significant number of young people all over the globe that they are righteous in their cause.. but at the same time what the world is calling for is LESS conflict.. they want both sides to go back to their corners and sit down...

Hezbollah making a major move and increasing the violence/conflict would very likely create an end of the level of global support the Palestinian people appear to be obtaining.. (which equals money and support from the outside that they desperately need)..
I almost want to hedge right between Kevin’s and your position. My take is the faster and more convincingly IDF buries Hamas, the far quicker the Middle East can return to its tumultuous form of normalcy.

I don’t believe a large-scale attack from Hezbollah is in the works, or that time is of importance to keep them out of the conflict. They have far too much to lose, especially with Israeli allies in the area. Iran absolutely does not want to enter into formal war.

My largest frustration has been the support for Hamas. Not sure why main-stream, Western culture is backing the rapists and cowards.

The problem is they will not stay in their corner. Hamas leadership said very clearly that there will be many more October 7ths. That is their plan, and they mean it, and short of destroying them they will do it.

You would not think it could happen in America, and at the most vulnerable time--during a national weather emergency!!
Indeed, I could not imagine this, from my (naïve) European perspective.

The problem is they will not stay in their corner. Hamas leadership said very clearly that there will be many more October 7ths. That is their plan, and they mean it, and short of destroying them they will do it.
Probably not. A very real and fully documented characteristic of much Arabic culture is emotionalism and exaggeration. You can see it in any number declarations surrounding the current and past conflicts. Bagdad Bob from the First Gulf War comes immediately to mind. Arab states or Arab actors are going to do some dramatic fill in the blank thing. It almost always turns into something far less. Even Winston Churchill wrote about it in "the River War."- "How dreadful are the curses which Mohammedanism lays on its votaries! Besides the fanatical frenzy, which is as dangerous in a man as hydrophobia in a dog. there is this fearful fatalistic apathy."

I am sure the Hamas leadership had convinced themselves that by launching a few thousand insurgents into the Israeli hinterlands would spark a regional conflict from which they would somehow benefit. The reality is, their martyred fighters sowed the wind and they are reaping the world wind. Their potential allies, are very carefully doing absolutely nothing to trigger a major Israeli or US response. Meanwhile, the 2 million Palestinians caught in the middle trudge along in abject apathy.

But there is indeed a clock ticking - but slower than usual. In both '67 and '73 a ceasefire was forced upon Israel by the United States. This one is different to a certain extent thanks to Hamas. I suspect, the US will allow the IDF to complete eradication ops in Northern Gaza before exerting pressure that Israel can't ignore. Moreover, there is no meaningful state actor, such as the Soviet Union, to cause the US to act percipiently. And no, Iran is not a meaningful state actor.

Apples to oranges.

Our Federal firearm laws do not require registration unless it's a type A Class III/NFA item is a firearm or firearm accessory that is regulated by the ATF in accordance with the National Firearms Act of 1986. These items include Full Auto machine guns, silencers, short barrel rifles and shotguns, etc.

I went to CBP office in Long Beach, CA to update my doubles to the new form in September. After the CBP agent took the forms to the computer he came back. He said "You have several firearms how come you are putting only these two on the forms?"

How do you think they got a list of my firearms? None were NFA items.

I went to CBP office in Long Beach, CA After the CBP agent took the forms to the computer he came back. He said "You have several firearms
Not just CA- in 1983, 40 years ago, before PCs everywhere, smart phones and the internet I was in a local detachment of the Washington State Patrol. I forget the circumstances but a trooper looked up a name on the "system", basically a predecessor of "the cloud" and saw that the person had several firearms listed under that name. the list included 6 shot revolvers and other "non-assault, non-high capacity" firearms. That was at a time when politicians were saying there was no such thing as a gun registry or listing of people who owned firearms. @Doubleplay 's NRA may have corruption, but it can't compare with those in politics.

Money runs the war (both of them). Figure out what results in money going to the enemy, interdict the flow and the war will die of starvation.
And yet Biden wants to unlock 10 billion for Iran through Iraq?

The ignore function is pretty worthless. People on the ignore list can still comment on your posts. A block function would be better.

Well the 3 I think...number is of total fktards I have hit with the zap button over the years....I don't even think or bother if they comment....only use for them to be is converted to croc shit as far as I am concerned... :D Beers:

Probably not. A very real and fully documented characteristic of much Arabic culture is emotionalism and exaggeration. You can see it in any number declarations surrounding the current and past conflicts. Bagdad Bob from the First Gulf War comes immediately to mind. Arab states or Arab actors are going to do some dramatic fill in the blank thing. It almost always turns into something far less. Even Winston Churchill wrote about it in "the River War."- "How dreadful are the curses which Mohammedanism lays on its votaries! Besides the fanatical frenzy, which is as dangerous in a man as hydrophobia in a dog. there is this fearful fatalistic apathy."

I am sure the Hamas leadership had convinced themselves that by launching a few thousand insurgents into the Israeli hinterlands would spark a regional conflict from which they would somehow benefit. The reality is, their martyred fighters sowed the wind and they are reaping the world wind. Their potential allies, are very carefully doing absolutely nothing to trigger a major Israeli or US response. Meanwhile, the 2 million Palestinians caught in the middle trudge along in abject apathy.

But there is indeed a clock ticking - but slower than usual. In both '67 and '73 a ceasefire was forced upon Israel by the United States. This one is different to a certain extent thanks to Hamas. I suspect, the US will allow the IDF to complete eradication ops in Northern Gaza before exerting pressure that Israel can't ignore. Moreover, there is no meaningful state actor, such as the Soviet Union, to cause the US to act percipiently. And no, Iran is not a meaningful state actor.
"World wind" Dear God.

Whirlwind.

Don't you just love spell/grammar check? When someone sows the wind they reap the WHIRLWIND.
Caught it before I did. Hell, it may be dementia.

FB_IMG_1700010923086.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kerri63S2

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

SSG Joe wrote on piratensafaris's profile.
From one newbie to another, Welcome aboard!
BLAAUWKRANTZ safaris wrote on Greylin's profile.
We have just completed a group hunt with guys from North Carolina, please feel free to contact the organizers of the group, Auburn at auburn@opextechnologies.com or Courtney at courtney@opextechnologies.com Please visit our website www.blaauwkrantz.com and email me at zanidixie@gmail.com
Zani
FDP wrote on gearguywb's profile.
Good morning. I'll take all of them actually. Whats the next step? Thanks, Derek
Have a look af our latest post on the biggest roan i ever guided on!

I realize how hard the bug has bit. I’m on the cusp of safari #2 and I’m looking to plan #3 with my 11 year old a year from now while looking at my work schedule for overtime and computing the math of how many shifts are needed….