Outfitters operating in the Niassa Special Reserve, Mozambique

Aardwolf

AH member
Reaction score
Hunted
Canada, USA, South Africa and Zimbabwe
I would like to hunt in Mozambique's Niassa Special Reserve. My main objective is a tracking hunt for Cape Buffalo in the late season. The other species I am interested in is the Nyassa Wildebeest and maybe a Roosevelt Sable.

I have done some research, and I have already identified a few outftters operating in the Niassa Special Reserve. I will be at DSC next week and would like to look into every possible option. Can you assist in identifying outfitters I may have missed?

Here is who I have found so far:

Dave Langerman Safaris
Mashambanzou Safaris
Chapungu-Kambako Safaris
Kwalata Safaris

Thank you in advance.

I am currently watching Tracks Across Africa, and Kambako Safaris would be one not on your list. Kambako Safaris helps with anti poaching in Niassa. Very good show!

I like Tracks Across Africa too. I do have Kambako on my list (under Chapungu-Kambako). I saw an episode of Blue Collar Adventures that featured a Niassa hunt with Kambako. Their lodge does look good.

Add a Livingstone Eland

I hunted with Kambako in October of 2022. Their camp and staff is hard to beat anywhere I’ve hunted. My PH was Derren Ellerman and his two Zim trackers are great. If he’s not available Ryan Cliffe and Paul will give you the hunt of a lifetime also. Anyways the buff and Eland tracking are what you’re after there. Also tremendous bushbuck -there genetics cause the horns to really flare out. My report is here on AH.

IMG_3649.jpeg
IMG_3481.jpeg
IMG_3328.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
I have hunted out of the Kwalata camp and the Kambako camp. Both are excellent! Niassa is some of the best buffalo hunting in Africa. Jaco Strauss and team will show you a great time and hunt in a traditional tent camp. The Kambako camp is a little more upscale. I can recommend both. Feel free to message me, glad to give more info.
20211111_153843.jpg
IMG-20211020-WA0001.jpg
20231002_173348.jpg
20230928_154734.jpg
IMG-20231003-WA0020.jpg

I have hunted out of the Kwalata camp and the Kambako camp. Both are excellent! Niassa is some of the best buffalo hunting in Africa. Jaco Strauss and team will show you a great time and hunt in a traditional tent camp. The Kambako camp is a little more upscale. I can recommend both. Feel free to message me, glad to give more info.
View attachment 579024View attachment 579025View attachment 579026View attachment 579027View attachment 579028
Scanos, I hunted the Litule camp in June\July, I second your opinion!
Best regards, JB.

I would like to hunt in Mozambique's Niassa Special Reserve. My main objective is a tracking hunt for Cape Buffalo in the late season. The other species I am interested in is the Nyassa Wildebeest and maybe a Roosevelt Sable.

I have done some research, and I have already identified a few outftters operating in the Niassa Special Reserve. I will be at DSC next week and would like to look into every possible option. Can you assist in identifying outfitters I may have missed?

Here is who I have found so far:

Dave Langerman Safaris
Mashambanzou Safaris
Chapungu-Kambako Safaris
Kwalata Safaris

Thank you in advance.
We just completed our search in Mozamique and honestly all 3 we interviewed sounded excellent. Zambesi Delta Safaris, Moshambazoo, Safari de Mozambique, Panther trackers, and Mokore Safaris. We were frantically trying to replace a cancelled hunt and chose Grant at Mashambanzoo for the tiny antelopes, crocs, bushbuck, sable. I will report back when return in October.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KalaMoniz

Latest profile posts

We bagged a big old buff with hunter from Norway check out our post!!

I live in Tyler Texas. I like Ruger single action revolvers Ruger rifles, and Marlin and Winchester lever guns.
SETH RINGER wrote on tracker12's profile.
PARTITIONS
SEND ME PAYMENT INFO, PLEASE AND THANKS.
Khalanyoni Game Ranch wrote on Joshlee0518's profile.
Hi Joshlee0518 (please let me know if you are fine being addressed like that),

Thought I would drop you a PM. It is super exciting to plan a hunt and we are more than happy to assist you. Have you given any thought yet to which species you would like to take?

What do you hunt usually and which weapons/calibers are you using?

Look forward to swapping experiences and ideas.

Happy hunting - Daniel
Our trophy shed is filling up and we are only getting started,